Sequel: OuR BeAuTiFuL MaDnEsS
Status: Completed and Soon to be Published

Our Perfect Insanity

Chapter Thirty

ChApTeR ThIrTy
Sylvia Bell

“Dance as if no one is watching. Love as though you've never been hurt. Sing as if no one can hear you, and murder as if there'll be no consequences...”
~Anonymous

I stood in front of the creaking gate that opened up to the path which was overgrown with weeds as it led up to the old, somewhat abandoned house.

I say ‘somewhat’ as it’s still occupied by an insane psychopathic woman.

Crossing the path, I walked slowly up the steps, Jonathan right at my heels and Rosalie and Nathaniel trailing behind us.

Taking a deep breath, my hand wrapped around the cold metal of the door handle as I twisted it and pushed the door open.

“...we’re so going to die.” Nathaniel muttered, shaking his head while Rosalie gave him a gentle smack on the arm, rolling her eyes.

I scoffed lightly as I stepped into the house, looking around curiously.

“I... I don’t even think she’s here...” Jonathan mused from behind me, and I glanced over my shoulder to find him looking around the house with a slightly confused expression on his face.

“She could be hiding.” I argued, but, he shook his head.

“No, I know when she’s around, I can feel it... she’s not here.”

Tapping my chin lightly in thought, I started to explore, wandering into the room next to us, which we found was clearly the living room.

An old couch was pushed against on wall, its back to the large, broken, and boarded up bay window, and, in front of it was the coffee table.

On the wall opposite was a entertainment unit with an old television on it.

There wasn’t anything else in the room except a large bookshelf with quite the collection of dust covered novels on it, that I wandered over to.

I brushed away some dust before taking down an old copy ‘How To Kill A Mockingbird’.

I flipped through it before my attention was directed to Nathaniel as he switched on the old television, which immediately flickered to a news channel.

“...that doesn’t look good.”

My shoulders slumped as I saw my mother’s house on the news, surrounded by police cruisers. It seems we couldn’t stay in one place for very long or they would track us.

“I was expecting them to find the house... not exactly as quickly as they did, truthfully, but, I suppose it was lucky we were out of the house when they showed up.” Jonathan mused, reaching up and adjusting his glasses.

Tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear, I crossed my arms tightly over my chest.

“Well, what are we supposed to do now?” I questioned, doing my best to keep my voice from cracking, as the stress seemed to be getting to me.

Especially after what that bitch Rosalie had said to me.

Shaking my head to clear my thoughts, I looked over at Jonathan, who’s first response was to shrug his shoulders in a rather clueless manor.

“We could always stay here.” Nathaniel piped up in suggestion.

“Yeah, sure, sleep in a house where a psychopathic escapee from an insane asylum could appear at any moment and slit our throats.” Rosalie agreed sarcastically.

I, on the other hand, merely rolled my eyes.

Though, truthfully, the one thing that worried me the most was the thoughtful look on Jonathan’s face.

“We could. We’re here to kill Ariel. If she shows up, she’s outnumbered, we could end this.” Jonathan thought aloud, while Rosalie and I stared at him.

“Are you crazy?!” Rosalie and I exclaimed in unison.

I quickly shot her a glare as I currently did not like her in the least.

“I wouldn’t be surprised if I’ve gone insane by now.” Jonathan replied with a shrug, and Rosalie grinned.

“Who care’s if you’re insane? Who cares if you’re a wacko or if you’re crazy, cookoo or mad? All the best people are.” She told him, causing me to roll my eyes once more.

“Referencing Alice In Wonderland? I doubt you’ve ever even read Lewis Carroll’s book, Rosalie.” I sneered, and she merely smiled at me.

“Never have, never will. All I need to know if Johnny Depp played the Mad Hatter and he is sexy... plus, its an amusing movie.” Rosalie said casually, tossing her hair over her shoulder.

I, once again, rolled my eyes in distaste.

“...you two are going to have to get along.” Jonathan told us after a moment, looking from Rosalie to I and back again, while I place my hands on my hips.

“No! I refuse!” I snapped, narrowing my eyes at Jonathan.

“I’ll play nice if she plays nice.” Rosalie piped up, carelessly examining her nails, which were painted black with red tips that looked like blood running down her nails.

Making a noise, I sat down on the old couch with a huff, coughing as dust was stirred into the air, though it was quickly batted away by my hand.

Frowning, I dug through my bag, which I had grabbed before we left the house.

I pulled out my laptop, a gift from my mother for my fourteenth birthday, and something I never went anywhere without.

Setting it down on my lap, I ignored the others and opened it up.

Immediately, my Skype lit up at the bottom, signaling that the group chat with Elizabeth, Loretta, and Gavin that I had last been talking to them on before Kat was killed, was active and currently receiving messages.

Elizabeth: OMG Sylvia, where have you been?!?!

Gavin: SYLVIA’S ONLINE.

Elizabeth: I KNOW, GAVIN

Loretta: WE KNOW BRO

I laughed lightly. I was apparently missed.

Sylvia: Sorry, guys, a lot has happened

Elizabeth: Like what?! What’s going on?

Gavin: Yeah, where are you?

Loretta: WHAT’S HAPPENING?!

Sylvia: Well, Kat and Jake are dead

Elizabeth: WHAT?!

Gavin: WHAT?!?!

Loretta: YES!!!!

Sylvia: ...

Gavin: ...

Elizabeth: ...

Gavin: ...wtf

Loretta: I meant about Kat... not about Jake ._. I don’t like Kat so yeah... I didn’t mean to write that but still I don’t like her :P

Gavin: Still... WTF?!

Sylvia: Yeah... okay, let’s pretend Loretta never said that

Elizabeth: Agreed

Gavin: Yeah, agreed

Loretta: ._.

Loretta: Uhm... so, Syl, where are you?

Sylvia: Where my mother was killed

Elizabeth: Like that house, erm, ugh I can’t remember the address

Sylvia: You don’t need to remember it. The last thing I need is someone else getting involved in all this and winding up hurt.

Gavin: You mean 127 Casey Street?

Sylvia: -.- thanks Gavin

Gavin: What did I do?

Elizabeth: Have you not been paying attention at all?

Gavin: ...I’m playing Halo 4

Loretta: What’s going on?

Sylvia: -.-

Elizabeth: -.-

Elizabeth: *slaps Gavin and Loretta* PAY ATTENTION

Loretta: *cries*

Gavin: -_____-

Sylvia: *sigh* you three have fun, I’ll talk to you later I gtg plan murder

Elizabeth: If you were only joking lol

I smiled lightly again, Elizabeth knew me better then anyone else, if I do say so myself, and she knew I was serious about this, even though she hardly knew what was going on.

Sylvia: Lol. I’ll talk to you guys later maybe

Gavin: Bye, Syl

Loretta: BYE!!!

Elizabeth: You’ll talk to us sooner then you expect

I frowned slightly, but, said nothing as I closed my laptop, cutting off Skype.

I was tempted to go back and find out if Elizabeth meant what I thought she meant, but, I had a feeling I already knew the answer.