Status: In Progress

Behind Those Blue Eyes

Prologue

Prologue

"What lies behind us, and what lies before us, are tiny matters compaired to what lies within us."
~Oliver Wendell Holmes

Jasmine Shade leaned up against her locker, her hands tucked away inside her jean pockets. Her best friend, Jennifer Gray, or Jenna for short, closed the locker beside Jasmine’s and looked past her best friend, and down the hall.

“Jas,” Jenna whispered, snapping her best friend out of her musings. “Look. It’s the new boy; Justyn.”

Jasmine quirked an eyebrow at the dreamy look on Jenna’s face, as she brushed a strand of her wavy crimson hair behind her ear and turned her head.

Her green eyes met the crystal blue ones of a boy about ten feet away from her. His expression was blank as his eyes met hers for a fraction of a second, as he shut his locker door.

His crystal eyes were shielded by glasses, which only drew more attention to them, and his midnight black hair fell into his eyes and made his pale features look even paler then they already were.

“…and?” Jas asked, looking back at Jenna, who blinked.

“Well,” Jenna waved her hand dismissively. “Nothing much, except for the fact that he’s… you know…”

“…erm, no, I don’t, actually.”

Jenna gave her a deadpanned look.

“Drop dead gorgeous.”

Jasmine quirked an eyebrow once again at the blond girl at her side, before sighing and looking over at the new boy, aka, Justyn Harley, and watched as he walked off down the hall, turning and walking into the school library.

“Not my type.” Jasmine said, after a moment, and Jenna stared at her, jaw dropped.

“How can you even say that?! He’s super hot, and besides, you’ve never even talked to him!” Jenna exclaimed shrilly, and Jas gave her a look.

“Well, as you just said; he’s gorgeous. That implies,” Jasmine paused, smirking at her friend. “That he’s nothing more than a pretty face, which uses girls for the sole purpose of getting in their pants.”

Jasmine turned, and started down the hall, before she paused and said, without even turning back to Jenna;

“In other words- he’s simply a womanizing bastard.”