Status: Slow But Steady Wins The Race

Forelsket

Tretten

Days passed with few events of interest. During Tuesday’s art history class I made sure that I was one of the last people in and first out of the lecture. After our awkward parting on Sunday I didn’t want to talk to Seth, and I really hoped he’d gotten the memo as I sat on the other side of the classroom. I didn’t want to hear his cheeky speculations on why I had gotten so flustered and all but ran away from him. I could just hear his voice now:

Was my handsome physique just too much for you to handle, Princess?

I rolled my eyes at the thought.

I still hadn’t talked to Annalie about the banner situation since her last appearance in my dorm room. It wasn’t that I didn’t want to, I just wasn’t sure how to bring it up. I knew I needed to though, and mulled over a good way to do so as I walked back to my dorm room. I noticed the door was unlocked but didn’t think much of it as Gabby may have been back by now—except for the fact that the person lying on my bed wasn’t Gabby at all.

I walked in and jumped, cursing under my breath when I saw Annalie playing on her phone. She sprang up when she saw me, a big grin on her face.

“Keeyln, good news!”

“Christ, Anna you just scared the—“

“Oh you’re fine.” She said with a passive eye roll, her smile barely faltering. I could all but see the excitement boiling over inside of her. “Look, I have something really exciting to tell you!” I shrugged my backpack off of my body and plopped down in the papas an that was nestled between Gabriella and I’s beds.

“Shoot.”

“Well,” She started, “I’m sure you haven’t forgotten about that whole banner thing.” My face visibly dropped and she shook her head, reading my thoughts. “No, no, don’t worry about it Keels, that’s the good news!” I furrowed my brow, puzzled. “One of my friend's who’s dating a Delta Chi boy told me they have no idea who stole the banner after all!” I hadn’t realized I’d been holding my breath, but I expelled it in relief.

“Really?”

“Yes!” She shot my a toothy grin. “Don’t take this personally, but I did unfriend you on Facebook just as a precautionary measure.”

“Oh my God—Anna come on!” She wagged her finger at me.

“Hey, I just had to make sure they wouldn’t track you back to me.” I rolled my eyes.

“You’re absolutely ridiculously.” I stood up from my chair, no longer afraid of her wrath, and walked over to where I kept my nonperishables. I was starving and too lazy to go cook an actual meal in the kitchen, and settled on a bag of animal crackers. Annalie continues to talk as I fumbled with opening the package.

“Maybe so, but there’s one more thing I have to tell you.” I looked at her briefly before looking back down at the bag that I couldn’t seem to tear, urging her to continue. “Well, we’re having our first mixer soon,” I let out a sound of acknowledgement as I finally pulled the bag open. “And by soon I mean this weekend. And you’re going to be my wingman.” I choked on the have chewed cookie.

“I’m what?” I choked, my voice a weird mix of raspy from the crumbs trying to make their way into my windpipe and disheveled from what she’d just said.

“You heard me, you’re going to be my wingman! I think it’s the least you can do after the banner fiasco.”

“Anna, don’t you remember last year? I really don’t think I can do that again.” I was pleading with her between cookie-induced coughs.

“Keelyn please. I swear you’ll enjoy this one so much more. Seriously, I swear on your life that you won’t regret it.” I pursed my lips. I didn’t want to go at all, but I didn’t want to argue about this either. I knew her good mood was wearing thin and if I insisted against it much longer she’d storm off angry and who knew when I’d reconcile with her again. I sighed, defeated.

“Is there a theme?” And just like that, her grin was back.
♠ ♠ ♠
A mixer is just a social event of sorts between sororities and frats involving a lot of drinking and dancing, fyi. I wonder what fraternity it could be? Maybe Keelyn will see her mystery man again? Guess you'll just have to keep reading to find out!

Sorry it took me so long to get this up! I'm approaching my finals week, and I'm drowning in paintings and graphic design projects. A few more weeks and updates will be a lot more consistent!

Comment/ Recommend/ Subscribe!