Status: Slow But Steady Wins The Race

Forelsket

Sju

“Hey!” I gasped and pushed the boy away from me, my mask snapping back into place, as Annalie’s voice rang from the doorway. “Come on hurry, we got it!”

I looked from her to him and back again waiting for it all to click through my drunken haze. Oh, the banner. “Hurry!” She was looking anxiously behind her as if someone was following her and I realized I’d failed my part of our mission. Instead of distracting a boy I ended up being distracted by one. The Delta Chi boy I’d previously been pressed against looked confused.

“I-I’m really sorry I, uhm, I have to go.” I wiggled my way from between the counter and him and rushed over to Annalie. Gabby came flying through the kitchen, grabbing Annalie and running straight out the backdoor. I stood baffled as to what to do, I heard running coming from down the stairs on the other side of the house and someone yelling ‘get them’ over the pulsations of the DJ’s bass. Before I knew what was happening Annalie had run back in to grab me. She tugged on my hand and we ran out the back of the house and down the hill to where Ashba’s car was conveniently parked. I didn’t look back for fear of losing my already unstable balance but I heard the attractive boy I’d almost kissed yell “wait!” behind me.

“I’m sorry!” I shouted out once more before all three of us piled into the SUV and were being driven away from the scene of the crime.

The air was tense for a moment before Gabby’s uncontrollable laughter shattered it. I let out the breath I’d been holding and joined in with a nervous chuckle.

“Oh Keelyn you should have seen their faces when Annalie ripped the banner off the wall and ran down the stairs with it!”

“No, you should have seen Gabby’s face when she accidentally knocked one of them down the stairs after me because she slipped on a beer can!” I listened as the two went back and forth divulging more an more details of their raid, my mind still somewhat preoccupied on my own encounter. I had come so close to doing who knows what with the guy and somehow it felt like that would have been okay.

“Where were you though, Keels?”

“Yeah, we were waiting on you but you never showed up!” I turned my gaze over to them.

“Sorry guys I guess I lost track of time, you know how alcohol gets to me.” Annalie gave me a sinister smirk through the darkness and I could feel my face flushing.

“Alcohol my ass. Come on Keels, spill the beans about that guy you were sucking face with.”

“Hey! I wasn’t sucking anything, you interrupted before I could even give him a peck...”

“So you were trying to hook up with a guy!?” Gabby sat forward in her seat, mouth agape in awe. The two of them had been trying to get me to gone on date after date since my last relationship ended and I always refused. I guess it was blowing their mind that I’d almost had a random hook-up when I wouldn't even let a boy buy me dinner.

“When in Rome,” I muttered, shrugging my shoulders even though they probably couldn’t see it, “Or, I guess, Greece.” They erupted in laughter and the rest of the night went by in a blur. Ashba dropped us back off at our dorm and Annalie and Gabby continued to go on and on about the banner until I finally nodded off--my thoughts still glued on the smile of the boy who had somehow managed to get me out of my intimacy rut without even telling me his name.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright so this is kind of short, but it was a good stopping place and I'm about to leave for the night and wanted to post what I had!

I hope you guys are still enjoying it so far, it's only gonna get better from here ;)

Subscribe/Recommend/Comment!

xoxoxo Kimi