Status: Slow But Steady Wins The Race

Forelsket

Aitte

“Is the Parthenon that building with the fancy dome in Italy?” I looked up from my phone and blankly stared at him.

“No,” I let out a sigh. We were sitting on the second floor of the library and believe me, it’s no overstatement when I say I would rather being doing literally anything than writing a paper that I otherwise wouldn’t have had to, with my least favorite peer. “That’s the Pantheon. The Parthenon is a temple that was built for the Greek goddess Athena. It’s in Greece.

‘Well excuse me, Princess, they sound stupidly similar and it’s not exactly my realm of expertise.”

“Don’t—“ I cleared my throat and lowered my voice, noticing the heads turning at my sudden outburst. “Don’t fucking call me that, alright?” He rolled his eyes and turned his attention to his cuticles. “This is why I offered to write the paper. I’m an art major, so it’s kind of mine.”

“You’re an art major?”

“Why is that so shocking to you?”

“It’s not it’s just,” he made a large motion with hands towards me. “You don’t really fit the stereotype for an art major.”

I was interested now. He was sitting directly across from me at one of the smaller tables in the back of the room. I leaned my body over the table, chin in palm, and a sickeningly sweet smirk on my face. “Do explain.”

“Oh come on, you have to be fully aware of the ‘all art students have ridiculous hair colors and smoke weed more times a week than they wash their hair’ stigma.” Right as I was about to reply my phone vibrated, a notification popping up on the screen.

Gabriella Lopez has tagged you in a post.

I looked up at him briefly, “Hold that thought.” He rolled his eyes and I returned my attention to Facebook. As it loaded I was redirected to a post on our schools ‘Spotted’ page. Spotted was a page where you could send in messages about things you saw around campus that amused you or, as people mostly used it, shout out to your crush under a veil of anonymity. Now that I think about it, it was kind of our schools version of a less malicious Gossip Girl. The post I’d been tagged in read as follows:

To Keelyn from the party Friday night who I drunkenly talked to in the kitchen You were divine, and if your fairy god mother hadn’t whisked you away before your carriage turned back into a pumpkin at the stroke of midnight I would have definitely asked you out on a date. I have your golden slipper, find me.

My heart started racing. I stood up from the table, my chair screeching across the floor from the force and speed of my action. “Look I have to go, it’s important.” I said hurriedly not looking up from my screen though I could feel people glaring into the back of my head.

“What? We literally just started on this paper! No, you have to stay so we can finish this.” I shook my head impatiently.

“Look,” I took my eyes off my phone long enough to rip off a small piece of paper from my notebook and scribble my phone number onto it. “We can meet again this week or something okay? Here’s my number just text me about it. I really have to go, I wish I could say I was sorry.” He started to object but I picked my backpack up from the vacant seat near where I’d been sitting and slung it over my back. “I’ll see you later.” I gave my biggest and fakest smile and hurried out of the library back towards my dorm.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow oops sorry this upload took like three months and that it's short, I just wanted to give you guys somethng for being so patient. I'm in my senior year of college now and things have been stupidly hectic lately. I'm going to try really hard to update more frequently until this story's totally done but you know how that goes haha.

On the upside I have fully developed my plot and I know how this is going to end now so writing it is a lot more exciting ;) Thank you so much to everyone who's stuck with it thus far and hopefully you all enjoy!

Comment/Recommend/Subscribe lovelies <3