Status: Hiatus

Let Me Be the One

Frank

"Man, she is going to be so surprised!" Mikey laughed as he sat next to Frank in the van. Gerard sat on the other side and Ray was driving with Bob in the passengers seat. "Maybe she'll finally fuck you."

My Chemical Romance had finished the final concert earlier than they expected and decided to head over to Franks and surprise Vera instead of staying in a shitty motel for the night. For the last twenty minutes, Mikey had been bugging Frank about how she was going to be so surprised that it would end up like a fairy tale and she would run into his arms and stuff like that.

Frank was secretly hoping that, that would in fact happen but everyone knows that Vera doesn't work like that.

Frank lightly punched his band member as he shook his head, "Is it even safe to have sex with a pregnant lady? I'll probably end up knocking up the baby."

Gerard glanced up from his phone, "Dude, I don't think it happens like that." he muttered and went back to texting.

At that moment, a fire truck zoomed by, followed by an ambulance and some police cars. "Dude, someone is fucked tonight." Bob muttered as he watched as the row of cars all turn a corner.

"You can see the fire!" Ray gasped as he pointed to where there was a large orange glow in the distance.

Frank felt his heart plummet as he stared at the area. That looked around the area by his house. But that was impossible! What could Vera possibly do to set an entire house up in flames?

"Um... Can you drive a little faster, please?" Frank asked Ray. His voice cracked and his mouth had dried instantly. Frank bit his lip nervously as he sat on his hands to keep them from shaking. He had a bad feeling.

The van was instantly drained from the laughter and teasing it had before as they saw Franks face. It was pale and had fear and worry written all over it.

"Frank, it's probably not your house, it just looks like its in the area because the glow is so big." Gerard reassured his friend.

"Everything is going to-" Bob was cut off when Ray turned the corner and revealed the cul de sac where Frank lived. The once white house right at the end was completely up in flames and emergency vehicles were scattered all over the area as pedestrians watched with worry etched on their faces.

"No!" Frank gasped and a second later, the van door swung open and he was racing towards the house, his feet barely touching the ground as he sprinted with his friends close behind. "Vera!"

Frank spotted the stretcher with the familiar blonde on it and not a moment later, he was by the stretcher gazing down at Vera. Her blonde hair was singed and her arms and legs were bent at awkward angles.

Mascara streaks covered her face from crying so much and there was a tube shoved down her throat to help her breath.

Frank rarely cried, but when he saw the woman who was carrying his baby, in so much pain, he couldn't help but break out in sobs. His shaking hands stroked her cheeks as she stared up at him with agony filled blue eyes.

"I'm so sorry I wasn't here! I'm so so sorry!" Frank sobbed, "I love you so much. Please be okay!"

Vera could do nothing but stare up at him as he cried. The rest of My Chemical Romance finally caught up to Frank and gasped in shock as they saw Vera laying on that stretcher. Rays hand slipped into his friends and he gave her a light squeeze but had to let go when he saw the pained look cross her face.

"What happened?" Gerard whispered. Vera glanced at him for a moment before her clearly broken arm moved to point at something. Frank followed her gaze to see the creepy homeless man from a few weeks ago. His clothes were burnt and even from there, Frank could smell the gasoline on him.

Franks face darkened and his hands clenched into fists as he started storming over to the man. He seemed startled at first that Frank was coming over but the feeling was overcome by other emotions when Frank grabbed the mans colar and threw him to the ground.

For a small man, Frank was strong. Especially for when he was angry, and right now, Frank was furious. "What the fuck did you do?" he screamed as his foot connected with the man face. The crack of the mans nose shattering could be heard over the roaring over the fire.

Frank slammed his foot into the mans stomach, making him keel over, but not giving him another second before he kicked twice more. "You little fucker, what the hell did you do to her?"

Frank felt his body being pulled back by Gerard and Ray as a few police officers jogged over to see what all the commotion was about.

"What's going on here?" one of them snapped as they helped the fucker to his feet. Frank thrashed around to get released from my friends grip.

"He set fire to my house!" Frank screamed. He grabbed Rays shoulder with one hand and Gerards with the other. Before they could react, he jumped and using both his feet, slammed them into the homeless mans face.

His nose was definately broken now.

Bob and Mikey helped pull Frank back, far enough from the guy so Frank couldn't damage him anymore. Two officers jumped in his way as the other helped the man off the ground for a second time. This time, he seemed to be paying more attention to the mans smell.

"Charlie, you better get over here." he frowned at one of the other officers who was blocking Franks path, "this guy reeks of gasoline."

The one called Charlie only had to take a step closer to realize what his coworker was talking about. The criminal only smiled, "there is no room for cowards in this world."

With that, the police officers handcuffed him and led him to the patrol cars. Frank whirled around and without another word, stalked off to where they were loading Vera into the ambulance. "I'm riding with her."

Nobody denied him. There was no arguing Frank when he was in that kind of state.

Frank sat by Vera's side the entire ride, his hand in hers, telling her that it was going to be okay. He learned that the man who did it was actually a pyromaniac who escaped from an asylum a few months ago.

The nurses tended to Vera as much as they could, wrapping her broken bones. But nothing they could do in that ambulance could tell whether the baby was okay.
♠ ♠ ♠
There you all go! And can I just say thank you? 72 comments, 33 subscribers and 17 recommends! That's amazing and I feel honored to have such amazing readers! My goal is to get to 100 comments and I'm almost there!