Status: Hiatus

Let Me Be the One

Dating

I had broken my leg and my left arm in three different places and sprained my right wrist. Not to mention the million stitches I had to get all over my body from where the glass cut. Thankfully, this time, I didn't have any facial bruising.

I didn't get any serious burns, only a small one on my ankle. For the first few days, nobody except family was allowed in my hospital room but since my real family moved back to Holland a few years ago, Frank was the closest thing to family that I had.

But let me tell you, those first three days were possibly some of the best days in my existance. It all started when I woke up after surgery.

Frank was sitting by my bedside, his eyes rimmed in red and his hands holding mine. "Hey." I smiled when I woke. I gave his hand a light squeeze but it hurt, despite the morphine I was on.

"Hey, you're awake." Frank managed a small smile. "I'm so happy you're okay."

"The baby?"

"Is alive. They had a little scare there and said you would have to be on bed rest for the next few weeks but both of you are going to be okay." Frank explained, brushing a strand of burnt, blonde hair from my face. "Police are going to question you in a few days to find out what happened."

"Okay..." I frowned as I remembered everything that happened, "What about the house?"

"It's gone. The only thing left is the basement."

The basement was where Frank kept all his guitars and amps and stuff. The band came over every so often to jam out and their music would shake the entire house. "I'm sorry." I choked, "I keep on messing everything up."

"No, no, no, baby it isn't your fault." Frank reassured as he stroked my face. "there's nothing you could have done."

I didn't answer, I just looked away. I couldn't look in Franks eyes. If I hadn't been an idiot and gotten pregnant, none of this would have happened. I wouldn't have hurt Frank multiple times, I wouldn't have burned down his house and I wouldn't have to deal with the constant guilt that this baby might belong to another man. A man who made it clear that he didn't love me.

Frank tried to catch my eyes so I focused on something else; the glass of water sitting by my bed. My mouth was so dry! I didn't hesitate in reaching over to try and grab it, which didn't work of course, because I had a cast on. As I struggled to get a grip on the cup, Franks eyes were somewhere else.

"Vera? What is that?" Frank gasped as his hand reached out and grabbed my hand and pulled it over. At first, I was confused and just wanted my water but when he flipped my arm so it was palms up, I realized what he saw.

Cuts laced all up my arm, most of them covered by my white cast.

"Did you do this?" Frank whispered.

"No," I started sarcastically, "Bob did. He snuck back from tour-"

"Vee, this is serious!" Frank cut me off, mid sarcastic sentence. " y-you hurt yourself...why?"

I shrugged, knowing that a serious conversation was going to be coming up soon. I hate serious talks. Clearly. When I found out that I was pregnant, we played Go Fish. Doesn't that say enough?

"Vera?" Frank tried but once again, I didn't answer. We sat there for a few minutes, my hand in his, me avoiding eye contact and him staring at me like I was actually going to explain. I really didn't want to explain.

"Please talk to me..." Frank finally broke the silence. His voice was choked and finally I couldn't take it anymore.

My eyes snapped to his hazel ones and they filled to the brim with tears. "I ruin everything!" The tears spilled over and I lifted my hands to try and cover my face.

Frank looked shocked as he lightly grabbed my wrists and pulled them from my face. "What are you talking about? No, you didn't!"

I started nodding hysterically, "Yes I did! If I didn't get pregnant, none of this would have happened! I keep on hurting you and now I burnt down your house! How could you forgive me for that?"

"Because I love you." My eyes widened, and even though I was still sniffling, it had calmed since he said those words so confidently. "I love you and I love this baby. More than anything."

"W-what?" I stuttered out.

"I didn't realize it until the fire when I thought that I was going to lose you. I told you in the diner that I could love you, I just never knew that I had all along." Frank whispered. Our faces were so close.

I closed the gap in between our lips as my hand moved up and cradled his face. Him leaning over the bed was such an awkward position so Frank did what any normal human being would do. He climbed into bed with me.

We lay there, him on top of me, us kissing passionately for what seemed like only moments.

And it really was only moments because the nurse came in and yelled at Frank to get the fuck off me.

But the kiss was still amazing, even if we had to lay side by side while doing it. And that was pretty much exactly how the next three days went until other guests were allowed to visit me.

When the boys and Mandy walked in, they were in for a surprise.

They found us in our usual position, lips attached. Gerard walked in first and like the immature prick that he is, started screaming like he was being murdered. "MY EYES! They burn!"

I jolted away from Frank and immediately began laughing. Ray entered next with a vaguely familiar brunette on his arm and just shook his head at Gerard who had his eyes covered and was running into walls.

"So when did you two lovebirds get together?" Mikey smirked when he entered the room and saw Frank and I in the same bed. He took a seat in the wheelchair in the corner and began wheeling himself around.

"Uh, about three days ago." I shrugged as if I weren't really keeping track. I was.

"Well, congratulations!" Ray grinned and held up an imaginary cup, "I think this is cause for an invisible toast!"

"Yay!" we all cheered as he clanged our 'glasses' together like a room full of bosses.

"And cheers for Vera being alive!" Bob added and once again, we cheered and clanged out glasses.

"And cheers for the group of sexy motherfuckers in her hospital room!" Gerard yelled.

"Yay!"

"And cheers for painkillers that make me feel like I'm actually drinking something!" I yelled as the final cheer and drank from my imaginary cup. Everyone laughed and began to chat happily.

I found out that the brunette was actually Therese, Rays girlfriend, and those two were honestly the most adorable thing ever! I'll have to admit, even cuter than me and Frank.

"So the doctors say you can be out of here by Friday." Frank smiled and I wondered when he had time to ask that. We had been together almost the entire time. "Just in time to get another picture done of our kid."

"Speaking of which." we all turned to the door to see my nurse, Carmelita, standing there with a ultrasound machine on a trolley. "I came in to ask if you wanted your dating ultrasound done but I can come back when it's not so busy..."

She started to leave and everyone took that as their cue to jump in. We all started shouting random things like "wait" and "let them stay." Carmelita looked a little surprised that we wanted six other people to be with us.

"...Are you sure? We don't usually let visitors-"

"We're sure." Frank and I said in unison. We glanced at each other creepily before laughing.

"Yes, we're sure. They'll be quiet." I smiled kindly as Carmelita shrugged and started setting up the machine. Frank slid off the bed and into his chair and held my hand. It was kind of nerve wracking to be having our first real ultrasound after I've had so many times where the baby could have died.

Carmelita squeezed cool gel on my stomach, which by the way isn't as cold as everyone thinks. I don't know why, but I had this impression that the gel would be freezing cold. It actually wasn't that bad.

The nurse put the...thing on my stomach and began sliding it around, looking for the baby. After a few minutes of me thinking I'd killed my son or daughter, she smiled. "Here it is."

We all looked at the screen and I felt my heart almost stop. It was hard to see at first but then I made out its little head and body and almost wanted to cry. Frank squeezed my hand when the image appeared and it kind of hurt, but I was too happy to care.

"Do you see it?" I whispered and beside me, Frank nodded.

"That's our baby..." he whispered back. I think I heard a few squeals and happy dancing from the others in the room but I was too caught up in the video to pay attention to them.

"Your baby is about the size of a fig, right now. And we're guessing that this little guy will be born on January the fifteenth." Carmelita said as she finished up with the ultrasound. "Would you two like copies of your child."

That was our cue for insane amounts of nodding. I'm pretty sure I even saw Rays head bouncing up and down a bit.

"Alright, I'll let you two have some time alone and as for you," she said to our friends, "visiting hours are over."

There was a collective round of goodbyes and congratulations as the six shuffled out of the room. Once they were gone, Frank turned to me immediately with a shit eating grin on his face.

"I'm going to be a daddy!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Ugh! I need boy advice! Somebody help me!!!

Anyway, on with the authors note... So who else got the double meaning of the title? They just started 'dating' and they just got their 'dating' ultrasound! Genius right?

I won't be updating for about a week because I made a goal to go a week without Internet and that's starting tomorrow so I'm sorry!

Vote if you want the baby to be a boy or a girl!!!