Make a Wish

One Too Many

CC's Point of View

I downed another whiskey and vodka shot and grabbed the bar. I was already feeling like crap. I was probably still hungover from last night. Ashley laughed and clapped my back. Andy got me some water and I nodded my thanks. Jake and Jinxx were currently chatting to some girls. They had promised to get me someone for the night considering it was my birthday. I still hadn't told them I didn't want anyone. Well, no-one they could get me. Ashley slid me another vodka and whiskey shot and I downed it again. Andy took one and coughed at the taste. I laughed.
"Can't handle your alcohol?"
He laughed and punched my shoulder. "Like hell, I can't."
Ashley pulled Jake and Jinxx over and we sat chatting.
"Well then, Chris. What did ya get?"
I stared at Jinxx. "Dude, the only people I've seen the entire day is you four and we don't get each other presents, remember?"
He laughed. "Shit, yea. My bad."
Jake lightly punched his arm. "Are we all still hungover from last night?"
Ashley shrugged. "Knowing us, probably."
Andy sighed. "We should start getting each other presents."
Jinxx nodded. "It would be good. See how well we actually know each other."
I laughed. "I'll end up with Batman from Andy and Hello Kitty from Ashley."
We all laughed. Jake shook his head. "Sad thing is that's true."
I saw someone at a table not far from us. I recognized him. He was Asking Alexandria's lead guitarist, Ben Bruce. He looked over and smiled at me. I smiled back before turning back to the guys.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The guys went up to get some more drinks and I looked back over to where Ben had been sitting. He was gone. I sighed and stared down into the dregs of my drink. Someone put their hand on my shoulder and I turned.
"Hey."
"Hey, Ben, right?"
"Yea. You're CC?"
I nodded. "How are you?"
"Drunk."
"So am I."
I saw the guys behind him and they were standing and waiting by the bar.
"So, uh, happy birthday."
I smiled. "Thanks."
"I saw you and your girlfriend broke up a while ago. Have you got anyone?"
I shook my head. "No. I'm not, uh, into girls."
He smiled. "Good for me then.
"What do you mean?"
He leant in and I felt his lips push against my own. I kissed him back and then his arms wrapped around me. He pulled back slightly.
"How about we go back to my apartment?"
"Sure." I grabbed my jacket and held Ben's hand as we left the bar, feeling happy, knowing I had found someone at last.