Status: PENDING. :/ I have serious writters block I'm sorry! In the mean time, check out my other story if you want! :) I'll be back soon! x

Walls

WHAT IF I CAN'T FORGET YOU?

“Jack what are you doing here?” was the only thing she could choke out, still shocked to see him standing in front of her. She felt his eyes graze her body, from head to toe, taking her in. She looked good, really good. It made Michelle a little uneasy, seeing as she was only in an oversized t-shirt, socks and her underwear. The persistent knocking and disappearing roommate had prevented her from pulling on a pair of pants. Jack gulped as his eyes locked with hers.
“To do something I should have done a long time ago,” he murmured stepping through the threshold, grasping her face between his hands and pulling it towards his so he could press his lips to hers feverishly. It surprised the both of them when the short brunette reached up and kiss him back. That lasted until she sat up in bed, gasping for air. Those dreams needed to stop. Now.
“You okay babe?” a raspy voice emerged from the pile of pillows and blankets beside her.
“Hmm…” was her response and she sunk back into her bed. The boy beside her pulled her to his chest, pressing a small kiss to the back of her neck.
“Nervous about today?” he asked with a chuckle, burying his nose in between her shoulder blades.
“I guess…” she replied, still trying to even out her breathing and clear her mind from the dream she had just had. Well, more like nightmare.
“Just don’t trip off the stage and you’ll be fine hun,” he mumbled into her shirt. She could feel his chest moving as he let out another chuckle.
“John!” she squealed, rolling over to face him as she smacked the blonde’s chest. He quickly snatched her hand up and pressed his lips to it. “It hadn’t even crossed my mind! Now it’ll be the only thing I think about all day!”
With a roll of his eyes, her boyfriend leaned in to press his lips to hers. She titled her head in time, giving him the cheek before crawling over him and heading to her closet.
“Hey!” he pouted, sitting up in bed.
“What?” she asked, trying to play it off innocently. “I have morning breath. You’ll just have to be patient.” The truth was far from that. She felt odd kissing John after that dream. She needed to get into the shower and scrub it all away.
She grabbed a change of clothes and a towel before leaving the half naked boy in her bed as she made her way down the hall to the bathroom.
She came out to find her best friend sitting at the breakfast bar of their kitchen and he boyfriend cooking breakfast in his underwear.
“Fae, why are you letting John cook?” She asked, wringing her damp hair out with a towel.
“Because I wanted to treat my favourite graduate to breakfast as a congratulation,” he explained himself, as he pulled Michelle into his chest and stole the kiss he’d wanted all morning from her lips. The girl forced a smile as she grabbed from phone off the kitchen table where she had left it the night before.
“As if the congratulation sex last night wasn’t enough,” Fae teased before taking a sip from her coffee. Her best friend shot her a glare, but she shrugged it off. “If you don’t want me to mention it, don’t be so loud next time. Just be glad your brother wasn’t here to hear it.”
Speaking of, the boy in question had already texted her numerous times this morning and left a couple voice mails for her. She listened to the latest message and walked back to her room for some peace and quiet.
“Hey Min, it’s me again,” the warm familiar voice brought comfort to the young girl. She missed her big brother and couldn’t wait to see him again. “There’s been a change of plan again. We got held up, don’t worry, I’ll be there by the time you walk across that stage to grab your diploma. Text me or give me a call when you get this. Good luck today, I love you. See you soon.”
The line went dead and Michelle sighed. She wished he could have shown up last night, like he was supposed to, but she understood the circumstances. She knew being on tour wasn’t easy, and she needed to learn to deal with it seeing as it would be her life soon enough. She chucked the phone onto her comforter and made her way back to the kitchen to enjoy a peaceful breakfast with her surrogate family before the stress of the day began.

A couple hours later she was sitting in the uncomfortable plastic chair in the second row from the stage, waiting for her name to be called. She glanced over her shoulder, looking for that familiar face, but the only ones she could spot were her parents’, her best friend and her boyfriend’s. With a sigh, she turned back towards the stage and clapped as the next student was called. He better get here soon, there weren’t many students and they were doing it alphabetically. Seeing as their last name was Flyzik it would be her turn soon. She bit the inside of her lip and bounced her leg up and down. She didn’t want to turn around again from fear of being disappointed.
“Michelle Flyzik” her teacher spoke into the microphone, smiling down at her from the stage. She forced a smile back until she heard a familiar whooping in the background. A wide grin spread across her face. He’d made it. She stood up from her chair and strode up to the stage, reminding herself not to trip over her four inch heals as she climbed the three steps and walked across the stage. She shook hands with the dean and the director of her department before accepting her diploma and moving her tassel to the left side of her cap. She had done it. Another set of yells arose from the crowd and this time Michelle turned to smile at them. She was surprised however to see four extra, familiar faces standing at the back along with her brother. She forced herself to stay calm, but deep down the only thing she could think about was that even after only a year, it was much too soon to see them again. To see him again. She turned and made her way to her designated seat on stage with the rest of the graduates and waited for the rest of her classmates to be called. Her eyes skimmed the crowd, her mom trying to get a picture of her from her seat, her best friend and boyfriend grinning back at her, her father who seemed to be trying to blink back tears and then her brother and his four employers. Matt gave her a thumb’s up. Rian, whose hair had grown, flashed her his signature smile, Zack a shy one. Could that kid get anymore muscular? Alex waved, could that boy sport a hair color that didn't suit him? And then there was Jack. He seamed to be lost in though until he realized that she was looking at him. He dropped his eyes to his shoes and Michelle averted her gaze to the next student who was getting his diploma.

Once every student had been called, all the teachers had pronounced there last words and the graduates threw their caps in the air everyone made there way towards their families. Michelle found her parents first, getting embraced by her mom, then her dad, both telling her how proud they were. Next was Fae, followed by John who handed her a bouquet of a dozen roses before pressing his lips to hers briefly. It was a slightly uncomfortable moment seeing as Michelle could feel a pair on eyes on her the whole time.

"Enough of that. Come here Min," Matt spoke opening his arms wide. After handed John the flowers she accepted the tight hug from her brother, trying not to cry.
"I thought you weren't going to make it," she whispered, clinging onto him.
"I wouldn't have missed it for the world Minnie, you're my favorite sister. You have to learn to have more faith in me," he chuckled, kissing the top of her head.
"I'm your only sister!" she retorted, laughing, as she pulled away to look up at his face. He grinned innocently before his eyes flickered to the group of boys beside them.
"They insisted on coming. I'm sorry it was last minute," he whispered only loud enough for her to hear.
Michelle shrugged it off, stepping out of her brother's embrace. The faster she spoke to them, the faster it would be over with. Maybe this was the closer she needed.
"Minnie Mouse!" Alex exclaimed, scooping her up into his arms and spinning her around quickly before setting her back down. She giggled and clutched onto his shoulders, trying not to fall.
"Have you grown?" he asked, teasingly. He caught sight of her shoes and playfully gasped. "No you're just cheating!"
Michelle rolled her eyes at the boy. She couldn't lie, she missed his shenanigans. She also felt bad that she'd just left a year ago, without saying goodbye to any of them.
"Congrats on the diploma man, I can't wait to see you on the road one of these days. We're thinking of firing your brother, want to work for us?" Matt shot him the middle finger, earning a slap in the arm from his mother, whom he smiled at sheepishly.
"Dude no, I don't think I can handle more mega phones at five am," Zack groaned, pulling Michelle into a brief hug, congratulating her at the same time. The girl giggled at the memory, they had had fun together during tour, despite other events that had taken place. Rian copied the bassist's actions, whispering a brief apology in her ear. She had yet to look at Jack and she wanted to keep it that way. Ignoring him seemed like the best option to her.
She felt an arm wrap around her waist and looked up to see John.
"John this is Alex, Rian, Zack and...Jack," she added reluctantly, looking at him for only a moment. It only took that long to take in the hurt expression that he was wearing. "They're the band I went on tour with last summer with my brother," she explained.
He shook hands with all of the guys.
"So what do you do John?" Alex asked, acting almost like an over protective brother. Michelle glared at him, knowing what he was doing and not liking it one bit.
"I'm a biomedical engineer," he replied and Alex fell silent. He hadn't been expecting that.
"And how did you meet Michelle?"
"Alright Alex, leave overprotective brother quizzing to Matt at dinner," Michelle snapped.
Alex looked guilty, knowing she could see right through him. The tension in the group started to grow and everyone could feel it, even if they didn't all know what it was from.
"On that note, we'll see you later tonight Mich. Congrats again," Rian broke the silence and gave Michelle a quick hug goodbye. Zack did the same, as well as Alex.
"What's tonight? Don't you have a show to play or something?" she really didn't want to have to face any of them again so soon. Her heart was still beating a mile a minute.
"Nope, we've got a couple of days off in the city courtesy of Matthew Flyzik. And tonight we're taking you out so, have a big super." He planted a kiss on her cheek and strode away, leaving Michelle flabbergasted. She turned to glare at her brother. How dare he? He knew what had happened! He had held it against her for so long! Was this some kind of sick way to rub her face in it now.
"Congrats Michelle," a soft voice interrupted her thoughts. She tensed up at the sound of it. "You look good." That was all he said before following after his friends, glancing over his shoulder to look back at the girl who's world had just been turned upside down.

"Are you sure you don't want to come?" Michelle was practically begging John to come out with her brother and All Time Low. He was dropping her off at her place so she could change before her brother came to pick her up.
"No Mich, really I don't want to intrude! Go, have fun. Catch up with your friends."
"You wouldn't be intruding though. I want you there."
"You're cute when you pout babe, but it won't work. It's your night. Go have fun with some of your friends."
"But you're my boyfriend. You should meet them and hang out with them," the girl tried to argue.
"Not after you haven't seen them in a year. It'll go one of two ways, either your attention will be all on them and I'll feel out of place or you'll be too concentrated on including me that you won't be able to have a good time with them. Go tonight and if you still want me to hang out with them we can do something tomorrow." His voice was stern. That was that, no more arguing. "Now go get changed. I'll call you tomorrow. I love you." He pressed a kiss to her lips before climbing back into his car and driving off into the night. With a huff, the newly graduate made her way to her third floor apartment to change. How she would love to have an over protective boyfriend right now. She pulled on a pair of frayed and studded jean shorts along with a white tank top on which 'I prefer the drummer' was printed. Yes, that was meant to be a personal stab at Jack. There was a knock on the door as she shrugged on her leather jacket and stuffed her feet into her red Toms.
Matt eyed her up and down as she pulled open the door.
"You're forcing me to do this. Don't start dictating me on what I should wear." She closed the door behind her and locked it before going downstairs.
"Why are you so pissed off about this Minnie?" He asked after they had spent ten quiet minutes in the cab.
"Because I'll accept that they insisted on coming this afternoon, but making me go out with you guys? That's a step too far Matthew. Do you really think I want to spend a whole evening with Jack!?"
"You are the one that keeps telling me that you're over him Min." Her cheeks glowed a slight shade of red. She was making a big deal about something she was supposed to be over. This only made her cross her arms and be even more pissed off about the situation as she watched the city lights wiz by through the open window.
The pair walked into the club five minutes later and the young girl noticed a familiar face a the bar.
"Well if it isn't Vinny Fucking Vegas!" She exclaimed, walking away from her brother.
"Michelle Flyzik! Congrats on becoming an official babysitter today!" He pulled her into a tight hug before ordering her a shot of whiskey. "To you," he toasted once she got it and they both downed the copper liquid. The young girl enjoyed the burning feeling and was looking forward to feeling it again for the rest of the evening. It was the only way she'd be able to handle it. She ordered herself another one right away but was interrupted as soon as the glass hit her lips.
"Alright, let's not get her drunk in the first ten minutes of being here," Matt said. His sister lowered the shot by surprise, which gave him the perfect opportunity to take the glass from her and empty the liquid down her own throat.
"Matthew if your goal tonight is to piss me off you are truly succeeding." She stomped away from the bar and across the room where she saw the band and crew seated at a table in the far corner. She was greeted with cheers and hugs all around and took a seat as far from Jack as she could. As the night proceeded, she found herself enjoying herself catching up with all of these old friends, all though, she could feel a pair of eyes watching her from time to time, causing her to gulp down any alcohol that was in reach. The later it got, the more he watched her and the drunker she got. The boys came and went from the table, heading to the bar or the dance floor or somewhere with some girl they picked up. Jack on the other hand, seemed to be changing seats, getting closer and closer to Michelle until the two were alone and he was seated in front of her.
"What do you want Jack?" she snapped.
He looked hurt and guilty as he rubbed the back of his neck.
"I-I just wanted to see how you were doing...."
"I'm fine thanks. You can leave now."
"Min, you know what I mean. I want to catch up...I want to talk..."
She scoffed at his words. "You have no right to that information."
He sighed, dropping his gaze to his hands.
"Look Minnie, I'm really sorry about what happened, I was a dick and all I've wanted to do since then was fix it..."
"And all I've ever done since then is move on. It's fine Jack, forget about it. I have. Besides, we never would have worked out; we were only friends right?" With that being said, she stood up and confidently walked away from the table without looking back. This was the closure she needed, she was convinced. Now, she would never have to see his face again and she could continue on with her life in peace. Or well, she could do that once she found her brother so he could take her drunk ass home.
♠ ♠ ♠
I already have 20 subscribers. This makes me so happy!
I hope you like the first chapter! Don't be afraid to let me know what you think! :D
Thanks for reading!!! x