You Are Not

Chapter 13

British Airways departure to Los Angeles 594 final call, now boarding at gate A14.

Gustav stretched in his seat and yawned, he rubbed his eyes as he stood and picked up his backpack.

"FINAL CALL GUSTY BABY!" Beamed Simon as he jumped up and down with Ben.

"Hora." Gustav said walking past them.

Gustav seemed to be the only one that got no sleep the night before the flight, he wasn't bothered about flying but putting their music out in America was going to be a big deal and Gus had a light aching feeling in his stomach. Gus had never really been prepared to be the front man, it was a lot of work but that he got used to, but the interviews, the fans and trying to get your music out there was a lot. He had confidence and that was going to help him and the band had confidence in him. Gus had four best friends that he was touring with and he wasn't about to let them down.

There music was fresh and new, nothing like it out at the moment and that was going to help them, they'd hadn't found a singer when putting the band together, Gus was supposed to be on Bass but once the band heard him sing they had decided for him. And Tay said she'd have to agree with her boys. Although it was Gustav's band, it was Tay's boys which he guested meant best friends, Tay was still with John but Gus had a feeling she still felt for Fraser and he also had a feeling that, that was why Fraser seemed to try to avoid her like she was the plague.

So much had happened in the last twelve months, so much so that Gus was in a band and they where on there way to the USA. Gus handed his ticket over and the boys followed suit, Tay was going to join them but after joining them on a lads night out several times she decided it was best to stay home. She still had to hug everyone for a least ten minutes each in which they almost missed check in.

Fraser and John had come a long way since then too, they finally looked like brothers and they became so close it was as though they were never apart. The whole band seemed to click and they worked together on the album everyone adding something a little different yet it all worked perfectly.

Gustav had never thought his life was going to take this turn but it had seemed what he'd been through was always something new to him but this time he wanted it to work more than anything. Gus found there seats and and pushed his bag under the seat in front of him and shrugged off his leather jacket which had come from Si.

During the flight the boys ate, played games, Gustav read his latest borrowed book Heart Shaped Box and before they knew it they had landed in the United States and Simon squealed with excitement.

"We can only see the airport from here but I can already tell I want to stay forever." Said Ben.

"I'm going to need a bigger memory card for my camera." Fraser moaned.

"We can just keep on dumped pictures on the laptop, it'll be fine." Shrugged John.

Fraser and Simon seemed to be capturing the moments already, they had separate blogs online and then we had a band one which was covered in magazine shoots and studio pictures.

"We're going to universal, right?" Asked Ben.

"Yeah while Gus is filming for our next music video." Chuckled Simon.

"Alright." Snapped Gus yet smiling at their joy.

"Don't worry Gus you'll crush it." winked Simon.

They got off the plane and went straight to a acoustic set and which the boys also answered a few questions, had some pictures and then got straight into their van and headed for the first venue. They had a couple of small shows to do before filming for there music video. There day was manic, from the moment they'd stepped off the plane and they weren't going to stop after the show either, after that it was straight for the bar. Have some beers then go to the hotel for a few hours sleep.

Gus had never expected to run into someone he'd reconise especially with the size America is, but as the left the hotel a small girl with bouncy curls stepped out of a cab with a baby in her arms. She looked up and their eyes met, "Mae." Gus smiled.

Mae stepped away from the taxi and a bearded man followed holding a baby carrier and a pink baby bag slung over his shoulder. Mae walked over to the lads and tucked a loose curl behind her ear.

"Hi," She smiled.

"It's nice to see you're well." Gus smiled.

"Aw look at the baby..." Ben said smoothing it's head.

"Her name is Maddie and this is my husband Gavin."

"Wow, check you out." Si laughed.

"She's so cute." said Ben.

"Gavin," Gus nodded, shacking his hand. "I'm Gus and this is Ben, Si, Fraser and that's John."

"Young Guns," Gavin nodded. "Mae's told me all about you guys and her brother likes your music too."

"How kind." Ben smiled.

"Where you off to?" Gus asked. "It's like five thirty in the morning."

"We're going to pick up a car and we're making our way to Ohio eventually." Mae smiled.

"Nice one." Si grinned.

"What about you Gus, do you want to see Ohio?" Mae said innocently, yet Gus knew exactly why she was asking.

"Maybe, but we're kind of busy at the moment." Gus smiled.

The guys made plans to catch up with Mae and Gavin at late lunch after sound check before Mae and Gavin left for a while. Gus and Mae had a strange relationship, it had started off with Gus looking for company then they almost slept together, then he met her again and she'd introduced him to Ben but she had never mentioned a certain person before. And he didn't want her to do it again, Gus decided he might not go to lunch but maybe go elsewhere so he wouldn't have to talk about it. He'd had enough of feelings with Tay.

Gus couldn't concentrate in sound check, he knew maybe he should of said something to a certain person that lived in the US but Gus had never thought it could work so breaking it off was the right thing to do yet a random girl he'd met once or twice knew about it. Gus started to wonder how many people knew, did his band know and they were too nice to say anything or they knew that Gus didn't want to talk about it. Gus felt angry.

Gustav and John went for a wonder while the lads went to lunch with Mae and Gav, Gus felt better all ready being out in the open of the busy Los Angeles life.

"Why would you go to Ohio?" John wondered aloud. "Isn't it freezing there?"

Gus shrugged, "Maybe, I'm not sure."

"Do you want to go there?"

"Not particularly."

The boys looked around the sights together shrugging off there conversation about Ohio and eating hot dogs. Gus jumped of John's back and John ran around one of the massive fountains they found and Gus had to stop off before falling in. The lads had a fun afternoon together, going to rides built for children and playing on slot machines and Gus brought a new book before they needed to head back to the venue or at least try and find their way back.

John and Gus found a little market on the way back and brought a load of fruit, John bite a plumb and stopped as the juice ran down his chin and onto the pavement and Gus fell about laughing. John wiped his mouth and grinned as Gus, "Sod off." He laughed.

"It looks juicy." Gus laughed.

"Mm.. Funny that."

The two lads raced back to the venue and John hit Gus with his bag of fruit and ran through the door first. Gus laughed leaving him breathless and stopped to hold himself up. He could hear John giggling from inside. Gus stepped through the door and hit him playfully and John ran to their dressing room, Gus ran close behind careful not to dumb into anyone and as they got through the door Mae was stood inside with them, with out Gavin or Maddie.

"Good timing." Mae giggled.

The smile slowly disappeared from Gustav's face, "What are you doing here?"

"Well you missed lunch and I wanted to see you guys play." She smiled.

"Cool." Gustav said turning from her.

Gustav went and stood in front of the mirror to get ready before going on stage and Mae stood next to him leaning on a table.

"Before you go ahead and say something it's none of your business and I don't want to talk about it." Gus said without even looking at her.

"You turned off your phone and never used it again, that wasn't even breaking it off Gus." Mae replied ignoring what Gus had just said to her.

"Drop it before I drop you." Gus muttered and went to warm up with his band.

Mae followed him not caring who was around, "It's not fair Gus."

"No what you're being is unfair, rude, inappropriate and irritating." Gus stretched hoping she'd leave.

"Well what you were was selfish, nasty and really hurtful." Mae snapped.

"Why was it? Is was never going to work so leave me alone, I'm past it, it's about time you were too." Gustav walked past her and to side stage. Mae wasn't friend, she never had been and how much did she knew from the beginning?

Gus lost himself onstage, he felt free and although he could see Mae she couldn't get to him, this was his time. She didn't end up sticking around which only lifted Gustav's mood. In twelve months he'd not let himself think about it and now she was here to bring it all back Gus wasn't going to let her. It was over and that's all there was to it. Over, he kept telling himself.

Gustav loved to perform, he liked to jump around and let all the energy out, he moved to the beat and jumped around with the kids in the crowd. Although he was dripping with sweat he still looked amazing and he kept going and he loved every minute of it. He felt like he was finally leaving the past behind him, he was never ashamed but it was never going to last, he wanted to save both of them from that pain although Mae sounded as if the pain had been felt anyway.

Gustav was happy he'd enjoyed his afternoon with John and Mae had left, he started to feel like he was going to enjoy being in the US. And he'd be busy which meant less time to think although right in the moment there was nothing on his mind except giving the shows his all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not a overly eventful chapter, just moving things along really. Hope you're all still with me. Thanks