You Are Not

Chapter 2

Walking back he held Tay’s hand and squeezed it. He was trying to bring her comfort that she wasn't going to have until she was told the truth. John knew nothing. Tay had been down that road but truth had been told that John didn't want to know. He’d been caught up in Gustav’s mess before but he’d got out thinking Gus would do the same. Yet Gustav’s best friends never knew what was going on with him.

John was sat outside the tent starting up a disposable Barbecue for breakfast as Emma sat inside the tent re-applying foundation. Gus placed the coffees down and sat down inside the tent next to her called her beautiful and squeezed her knee. Emma started laughing and they started chatting among themselves.

John smiled awkwardly at Tay, “did you…”

“I tried but nothing.”

“He’ll come around.”

“I don’t think she’s going to stay faithful John.” Tay said quietly with a worried face.

John smoothed her arm and nodded towards the seat next to him. “ You've got too many worries maybe we should get you a worry box or a diary or something?”

Tay said nothing sighed and took a seat next to John and for her to be quite honest she didn't like seeing Gustav with her. She didn't want him for herself or anything he was too much like a brother to her besides with the way he was it would be no good for her. Tay did love him of course and that’s why she did worry because he doesn't have any siblings to do it for him although he had a half-brother that he sow once a year he wasn't going to make an effort to care. His mum would care but she wasn't around at the moment, she’d ring him from time to time but he wouldn't always answer. Tay thought she spoke to his mum more than he did.

They had breakfast together and then headed for the gates with the two boys already on the beers. Gus pushed his way through the queue to get them at the front, dragging Emma with him, John went to do the same but Tay pulled his arm back giving him the look that meant she didn't want him to. John stayed back and put his arm around Tay. She could see them at the front together sucking face and she could only wonder how long the people stood behind them had been waiting to be at the front besides Gus wasn't going to a stage yet so why be at the front unless little miss I’m better than everyone asked him to be.

Gustav was wearing a blue jumper today with a chain around his neck which some sort of stone hung of off, it was a gift from Emma and just for that he loved it, he was also wearing a lion hat on his head. Emma as per usual would be wearing slim to nothing, this time with a black hat on, circular black and silver sunglasses, and a black dog collar which most people would think explained a lot, she had a black vest on shorts that covered nothing, boots with high stripped socks and a flowered blazer. Basically far too dressed up for a festival.

Gus took Emma’s hand and they ran to the front of main stage together, Emma holding her hat on a laughing with him. They got to the front and kissed each other. John took Tay to the signing stall to be at the front for a band she liked; he wasn't bothered about where Gus had gone as long as Tay was happy and not thinking about what could go wrong. Gus and Emma spend all their time together, he left her at the barrier to get drinks and as he walked towards the tents someone nudged him then he turned to see him. The arrogant twat from the band that played the night before.

“Excuse you.” Gus snapped at him.

The vocalist completely ignored him. Asshole. Gus thought the guy was a complete asshole; he didn't even know how he managed it since there were about six body guards with him. Gus didn't even know him yet he hated the guy. The line at the drinks bar was massive and so he decided he was just going to see where the band member was going. He couldn't help but be a little curious; he walked around not caring if he wasn't keeping a distance.

“We’re here at Download festival with Andy Biersack of Black Veil Brides, so tell us Andy Does Download beat all the other festivals you're doing this year?"

“Well you obviously you expect me to say Download because that’s where we are plus the fact that everyone says Download but just to be awkward I’m going to say Warped besides it did piss down last night.”

Gus turned his nose up at him thinking he’s the best thing to walk the earth, news flash he wasn't.

Andy stood there his hair flicked over to one side framing his sharp jaw line, he had black make-up on and wore no t-shirt again but this time he had a black denim waistcoat on.

“How was last night for you Andrew? You played main stage, headlining.”

The interviewer was a short woman with streaks of blue in her hair, a lot of facial piercings, and baggy clothes. She held a microphone that had the words Rock forever Magazine printed on, Gus knew he could of that about Emma right now, getting her an autograph or taking a picture but whatever it’s not like she’d ever actually get to date the guy. He knew everyone had their celeb crushes but that meant nothing to the real world they lived in plus he wouldn't let some guy is pointy boots and make-up take his beautiful girlfriend away from him.

“Yeah headlining our first time at Download and it was wet.” Andy laughed.

“The crowd’s reaction was amazing how do you get used to that?”

“You don’t really, you never really know what to expect especially from the UK although we do have some real crazy fans over here that won’t just tell you they love you but they want to marry you or lock you in their closest.”

“Who gets the most female attention in the band?”

“Ashley does he also gets the most male attention I think it’s just cause he’s pretty with long hair which he has been mistaken for a chick many times. A dude would come over and squeeze his shoulder or something and be like hey babe can I buy you a drink and afterwards they’re like shit you’re a dude.”

Even when talking about someone else he seemed to be busy loving himself, he didn't really understand how but that’s exactly what he was doing. Loving himself. Gus leant on the back of one of the tour buses listening to the interview. His phone buzzed in his pocket, it was a text message from Em asking where he was he replied saying he’d be a little longer with a sad face and a kiss. Gus really wanted to know why he thought he could act like a stuck up twat and everyone love him for it, he wasn't talented so he thought, and he just remembers the words to the songs in a band. Gus thought he could do that without loving anyone but himself.

“Do you miss home when you’re out on the tour?”

“Y’know what not really, I mean I miss my family my mom and dad I’m really close to so they’ll come out and see the shows we did they don’t travel far but they make an effort and not many parents would want to do that it’s hard for them. But they are super supportive, they the other guys might get on my nerves now and then but we all get sick of each other most of the time we’re stuck on a bus. Thing is why you’re home you just want to be touring and usually nine months out of the year that’s all we go, for you guys out there, yes you, we’re here for you so enjoy.”

“And there you have it people you've now been told by Andy Biersack himself, he’s here for you, well enjoy the rest of your day Andy, do you have any plans for the rest of the day?”

“No not really, just drink more and smoke more, drink and smoke.”

“Sounds like a good plan, do you not tell your fans they shouldn't smoke?”

“Absolutely not, if they want to smoke then smoke I know it’s bad for you but whatever I do because I want to and when I get people say to me oh don’t smoke Andy, no I’ll smoke all day, I’ll smoke on you.”

“So one last question... aren't you cold?” she laughs.

“Is that the question?”

“Yes,”

“Not really, right now just damp actually.”

Gustav stood up as he heard the interviewer thanking Andrew as he sparked up a cigarette, he walked round the corner and stopped in front of Gus, “You again, you must be my biggest fan.” Smirked Andrew.

“Never, I just wanted to hear about how much you loved yourself that’s all.”

“Right… did you lose your sense of humor in the rain last night or something?”

“Or something.”

Gus stood there frowning at Andrew who didn't look at him back; his concentration just wasn't there as he was watching the security guards kick someone out. He also looked as though he forgot Gus was stood right there and walked over his foot.

“Can you not watch where you are going?”

“Not my fault I was given gazelle legs,”

“Given? What where they wrapped up with a ribbon?”

Andrew shook his head, “British Humor.”

Gus fetched two drinks and took them back to where Emma was stood, she pushed through the crowd took her drink from him and started walking away from the crowd waiting to see the next band.

“Em, where you going?” he asked.

“I stood there for three bands waiting for you, where were you Gus?”

“Sorry I got side-tracked there was a band-”

“Whatever, you’re full of shit, I’m going to see the something else and I don’t want you to come with me.”