You Are Not

Chapter 9

"Your hair is black." Tay yelled at Gustav over the music of the club.

The club was packed and it was only early, people fighting to get to the bar and the dance floor filled with movement. Lights bouncing around with the music, couples sat around tables or you could say newly found lovers, Gus used to love going out drinking with his friends but lately everything had been about Emma.

"Emma did it," Gus leant towards Tay as he spoke, both of them rolling their eyes and then they laughed.

Emma and her friends were in the middle of the dancefloor, trying to dance although their skimpy outfits made it extremely difficult for them and for once Gus was looking at his girlfriend and thinking What the hell are you doing? If Gus didn't believe she's cheated before he did now, she wasn't including him, she had no shame and didn't even care he was here.

"And you have hoops in," Tay continued.

Gustav raised his eyebrows at her and she shrugged, "Anything else?" Gustav asked.

"Do you really like him?"

"Tay this has nothing to do with him."

"Maybe not to you."

Tay was probably right but he had a girlfriend to think about not a boyfriend. Even after what happened Gus didn't think he was gay if anything he was just horny at the time he thought to himself still looking at his girlfriend.

"Hi," Tay said, causing Gus to look back.

Gustav looked up and down at his friend that he hadn't seen in about three years and he had no words. Fraser looked a lot better since he'd been going through worse, his hair was cut short and styled to flick across his head, his stripy vest hung of off his body like a clothes hook and his skinny jeans looked as though they were for a twelve year old girl.

Fraser smiled at Tay and looked back at Gus. "Long time," he said.

"Yeah," Gus agreed not knowing what to say to him.

Gustav's gaze returned to the girls and Fraser leant over to Tay, although Gus wasn't looking at them didn't mean he didn't want to know what they where saying. It felt odd having Fraser here, it's not that he didn't like him, it was just awkward.

"Have you spoken to John?" Fraser asked with a hand on Tay's shoulder.

"No, why? Has he spoken to you?"

"Yeah, he blamed me for you not speaking to him but he tried to talk a few things out." Fraser shrugged, "It wasn't all bad I s'pose."

"What did he say to you?"

"He asked me what happened since we last sow each other and why I hadn't tried to talk to him or whatever and I basically told him I didn't give up at everything that doesn't work out first time."

Emma bounced over and gripped Gustav's hand, "Why aren't you dancing?"

"I just want to stay here for a minute, I'll dance with you later." Gustav smiled.

"Okay, can you get me a drink?" Emma handed him money and ran back onto the overly crowded dancefloor.

Gustav turned to Tay and Fraser who followed him to the bar, Fraser wasn't the type to hold a grudge and Gus knew it but the fact that Tay wasn't with John right now but at a bar with Fraser, it made it hard for Gus to talk to him. John was Gustav's very first friend and they'd been close since they met, Fraser joining the duo only made them happier but Gus really wasn't happy with his current position.

"This isn't the type of place I'd expect to see you in." Fraser nodded to Tay.

"It wasn't my choice," Tay shouted. "It's Emma's birthday and I wasn't invited, I don't usually go out on a Wednesday night and if I was going to I wouldn't normally dress like this."

"I like it." Fraser smiled.

Gustav bought Emma and himself a drink and then turned to look at Fraser, "Why are you here Fraser?" He asked bluntly.

"Tay invited me..."

"But you two, what is this?"

"Gus I'm not out to upset John or hit on Tay or whatever it is you're implying. It's just nice to have some company."

"Then how come I don't believe you?"

"I can leave and then come back once John has cleared things up, if that's what you want."

"What I want is for you to keep your hands to yourself, she's not on offer..."

"GUSTAV!" Tay yelled.

Gustav walked past them and over to Emma, he gave her the drink and her change and then stayed with her to dance not looking back at an angry Tay and a confused Fraser. Tay and Fraser found somewhere to sit and talk for a while, deep down Tay had already began to fall for Fraser, she knew it was wrong to start wanting to spend too much time with your boyfriend's brother but she couldn't help herself. She felt good helping Fraser back on his feet although he thought he was fine as he is, Tay loved his delicate features, how sweet and charming he could be and they always seemed to be on the same level. Tay's heart beat faster when he was around and she always felt as though they never had enough time together.

Gustav felt annoyed at the situation, John would never let this happen to him yet Gus sat by and watched them get closer, even when Fraser offered to dance, Tay wouldn't let go of him although Gus knew Tay hated being enclosed by drunk people didn't mean she had to stand on top of him. Gustav went outside for some air.

As soon as Emma saw Gustav shake his head and leave she marched over to Tay, "WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU? YOU STUPID BITCH!"

"DON'T CALL ME A BITCH YOU BRAINLESS SLAG." Tay screamed back at her.

Emma gave Tay a shove backwards, "I knew from the minute I met you, you wanted to get in my boyfriends pants and now you're dating this skinny prat Gus is in a piss and it's your fault."

"I don't want to shag Gustav but if you cared so much why do you need to cheat on him?"

"You're a bitch..." Emma started, before a sharp pain ran through her cheek.

Tay slapped Emma right across the face, Emma turned back quickly her mouth had fell open with shock, she immediately raised her hand to hit Tay back but Fraser pulled Tay back and turned her towards the exit pushing her through the crowd. Fraser wasn't afraid to hit a girl if she decided to strike but he thought it'd just be for the best to get Tay out.

Her face was red fueled with anger, "How could she think I was the problem in her twisted relationship?" She screamed as soon as they were outside.

Tay couldn't even stand still she was so wound up, she walked around the pavement while Fraser stood with his eyes wide open, "Are you okay?" He asked.

Tay let out a scream and swung her arms next to her, Fraser held her shoulders and smoothed down her arms slowly, she sighed and leant back against him which caused him to lose balance slightly. He smiled, his heart racing, he had no idea what to say right now, he managed to calm her down which was something but what does he do now?

Fraser put his arms around Tay hugging her from behind, a few seconds later Gustav joined the two of them outside, storming out of the club.

"What the hell just happened?" Gustav said.

"It wasn't my fault," Tay said quietly afraid of what Gus was going to say to her. She really didn't want him to be mad at her.

"Can we just go somewhere else?" Gustav asked already walking ahead of them.

Tay agreed with Gus and they walked down the street together not really saying anything, Fraser was worried about the rest of the night that lay waiting for them. Tay looked sad more than anything and Fraser didn't want to have to be the one reassuring her everything was alright when Gus had already sensed there was something going on between them. Fraser walked slowly next to Tay with his hands in his pockets.

Gustav stopped and turn to face them, "Someone just explain to me what is going on, one minute Emma is pissed and the next she's grinding on some random bloke, WHAT THE FUCK?"

Both Tay and Fraser stood their saying nothing feeling awkward, looking at the ground with hearts racing.

"She accused me of being with you," Tay said quietly, "and I slapped her because she'd cheated on you."

"Oh my god!" Gustav yelled.

"Maybe we should just go home and Fraser could come with us and we could just have a nice time together." Tay shrugged still not looking Gustav straight in the eyes.

"I hate everything." Gustav said and then carried on walking.

Tay looked up at Fraser who tried not to make eye contact, she really wanted him to hold her but they both knew it was wrong. Tay wanted to cry, she hated violence and she hated seeing people upset, especially her best friend, she'd never seen Gustav like this before and she felt scared. A tear escaped her eye and she rubbed her eyes and squinted them closed.

Gustav walked back the their apartment silently walking ahead of them, he couldn't think of Emma right now, the girl he'd fought for, the girl he tried to change for to give up everything for. He hadn't wanted anything more than seeing their relationship work, he'd gone behind her back and slept with the man of her dreams, watching him front row in concert twice and lied to her, but she didn't know this yet everything she did had felt so much worse.

They got to the front door and Tay let them in, Gustav pulled Tay towards him wrapping his arms around her and she couldn't contain herself for much longer and poured her heart out. Tears streaming down her face, her eyes stung and she shook under Gustav's arms. Fraser stood in the doorway not knowing what to do as this was a best friend moment happening that he wasn't invited into.

The three off them spent the rest of the night sat under a quilt on the sofa watching cartoons and laughing together, Gustav was the first to fall asleep and Fraser started drawing on his face trying to be a light on the face as possible while Tay hid her face in a cushion trying not to laugh. Fraser couldn't help it but to let his feelings out, he leant over towards Tay and kissed her, he stayed there for a while before re-positioning himself on the sofa and then pulling Tay onto his lap. Tay flung her arms around him and connected their lips, the held each other tightly as if this was the last moment they had together.

With Gustav spread out on one end of the sofa and Fraser and Tay holding each other on the opposite end the evening had taking quite a turn. Tay knew what she was doing was wrong but it felt so right and then the feeling came back to her that after tonight she couldn't see Fraser again not until she had broken up with John.

Tay changed into her pyjamas and asked Fraser to hold her but to leave once she was asleep, they lay in her bed together, Tay under the covers and Fraser over but still holding Tay as close as possible. Fraser's heart beat so fast thinking he had no idea when he would see Tay again or even if he ever would, John wouldn't take it well and Fraser had to keep moving as parking was hardly ever free, he had no phone and he couldn't guarantee when he could phone Tay or even if she'd be able to answer when he did call. Was this goodbye?
♠ ♠ ♠
A bit of a slow chapter, quite sad but hope you're still enjoying.

Thank you.

Please comment/recommend/subscribe etc.

xo