The President's Daughter

Eleven

I stared at the ceiling as I continued laying in bed. Hardly sleeping last night, I finally got up and went to the bathroom to take a quick shower. Not knowing when Tyler would be home, I figured it would be best to take Candace to the doctors as early as I could hopefully before Tyler returned. I let the hot water run over by body trying to let it relieve the stress built up. Turning off the water, I got out of the shower and quickly got dressed. Walking out into the living room, I was surprised to see Candace already sitting on the couch.

“Hey,” She spoke while turning around on the couch so she was now facing me.

“Hey, Candace. Why don't you go get ready and I will take you to the doctors. Hopefully we can get out of here before Tyler gets back,” I said while walking into the kitchen to get some coffee.

“That's probably a good idea,” I heard Candace say before she walked down the hall to the guest room.

I quickly drank some coffee hoping that it would be enough to get me through the day. Putting the cup in the sink, I began to clean up the kitchen a little bit as I waited for Candace to get ready.

“Hey Marshall,” I cooed as the dog came up and sat at my feet wagging his tail. “Hey Candace? I'll be right back! I'm going to go bring Marshall outside real quick” I shouted down the hall. After I heard an 'okay', I grabbed Marshall's leash and connected it to his collar.

Walking out of the building, I brought Marshall to the small grass area where he like to use the bathroom. I patiently waited as the dog did his business while I messed around on my phone. Noticing he was done, I began to walk him back over to the apartment building.

“Hey there, gorgeous” I heard a voice say as I felt a hand slap my butt causing me to turn around quickly. The anger in me suddenly melted away as I saw Tyler standing behind me with that signature smirk of his across his face.

“You're back,” I said while wrapping my arms around him and snuggling my head into his chest. He kiss the top of my head before grabbing my hand and leading me back through the apartment building and to the elevator. I continued to hold Tyler's hand with one hand and Marshall's leash with the other as we rode the elevator upstairs.

“I missed you,” He said leaning over and pecking my lips.

“Missed you too, Ty.” I smiled back at him, but my smile immediately fell as I realized Candace was still waiting for me in the apartment. The elevator door soon opened as Tyler began to lead me down the hallway back to his apartment.

When we were a few feet from his apartment, I stopped dead in my tracks which caused him to stop as well. “What's wrong?” he asked.

“Tyler, your sister is here” I blurted out suddenly.

“Candace?” he asked while raising his eyebrows in confusion.

I simply nodded as Tyler turned around and opened the apartment door. Quickly following behind him, I heard Candace call, “Ashton, are you ready-” She stopped dead in her tracks and sentence as she walked around the corner only to notice that I was not alone.

“Ready for what? Where are you guys going?” Tyler asked while looking between Candace and I.

“Uh doctor's appointment, you know check up for the wrist” I lied while holding up my arm that once was clad with a pink cast. “Candace offered to go with me.”

“Okay...” Tyler replied with an unsure tone in his voice. “What are you even doing here, Candace?”

Candace shot me a look asking for help. “Tyler, we're going to be late. You guys can talk about that when we get back,” I said while grabbing Candace's arm pulling her toward the door as I kissed Tyler's cheek and handed him Marshall's leash that I was still holding as we passed him. With that, Candace and I left a confused Tyler standing in his apartment as we rushed out of the building.

Driving to the hospital, the ride was silent as Candace nervously fiddled with her phone in her hand. “Have you talked to your mom yet?” I asked.

Sighing, she replied, “I texted her to let her know I was alright.”

& & &
Tyler's POV

I was left in a confused daze as Ashton dragged Candace out of the apartment. What just happened? Bending down, I took off Marshall's leash allowing him to go free. My thoughts of the possibilities of what was going on was soon broken from my phone going off in my pocket.

“Hello?” I answered without even looking at the screen.

“Tyler, it's mom. What is going on with Candace?” I heard my mom rush.

“What you didn't know she was coming here?”

“No, I didn't, and now she won't even answer my calls,” My mom's worried voice said from the other side of the phone.

Sighing, I replied, “I don't know, mom. I'll call you back later when I figure out what's going on.”

Hanging up the phone, I ran my hands through my hair in frustration. I would have been content sitting here on the couch until they returned, but my stomach had other ideas as it let out a loud grumble. I walked into the kitchen go get something to eat when my eyes caught a small slip of paper sitting on the floor near the trash. I picked up the paper noticing it was a receipt that obviously missed the trash when thrown away. That's not was surprised me the most though. What surprised me the most was the items listed on the receipt.

I sat down against the counter as it suddenly became clear as to why Candace was here, but I still hoped I was wrong and that this was a big misunderstanding because the five pregnancy tests listed on this receipt caused me to assume that Candace was pregnant.