The President's Daughter

Two

“Ashtooooooooon!”

I slowly opened my eyes to see Ava jumping up and down on my bed. I had been back in Boston for the last week, and my parents have yet to even dare to let me out of their sights. They wouldn't even let me go to the grocery store by myself.

“Mommy said to wake you up for breakfast,” Ava said while plopping down on my bed and the running out of my room. Sighing, I began to get out of my bed. My bright pink cast on my arm a constant reminder of how my life ended up this way. I quickly threw on a hoodie to hide the majority of the cast. I walked out of my room and downstairs to the kitchen. My mom stood at the stove cooking while my dad sat at the counter reading the sports section of the newspaper.

“Hey hunny,” My mom said while placing a plate full of food in front of me with a glass of orange juice.

“Thanks, mom” I said while picking up my fork off of the counter. She placed a variety of pills in front of me as I groaned.

“Ash, today we were thinking you could go to the rink with your father” My mom spoke. Mentally, I rolled my eyes. I don't understand why they feel they can't leave me alone for one day.

“Mom, you guys know I am perfectly capable of spending one day by myself, right?” I asked her with annoyance in my voice.

“Come on, Ashton. It will be fun just like old times,” My dad said while taking a sip of his coffee. I mumbled an incoherent 'okay, whatever' before getting up from my seat to go back up to my room to get ready. I took a quick shower before trying to decide what to wear. I decided on a pair of dark skinny jeans and a old high school cross country tshirt. Starring at my reflection in the mirror, I sighed at the still visible scar running from the top of my forehead to the bridge of my nose.

& & &

I stared out the window as I sat in the passenger seat of my dad's car as we drove toward the arena. Even if I didn't want to be here, the streets of Boston always had a calming impact on me especially during this time of the year. Fall was always such a pretty season in the northeast. My dad pulled into his parking spot at the arena. I silently followed behind him as we entered the building. It has been years since I've stepped into this building; the last time being the time a few years ago that the Boston Bruins won the Stanley Cup.

“Hey, Ash. I have a meeting I have to go to. You can come with me if you want?” My dad said while turning around to look at me.

“No, that's alright. I think I'll just roam,” I said excited for the fact that I might finally get out from under my dad's constant watch.

“Okay, just be careful. Call me if you need me. Love you,” He said while kissing the top of my head and walking away.

As soon as he was out of sight, it felt as like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. I decided to begin to explore so I walked around the corner of the hall as I continued to walk. After five minutes of walking, I found myself emerging from the visitor's tunnel that leads to the ice. Before I was completely out from under the tunnel, I noticed that the ice was occupied by the team as they practiced. Quietly, I climbed over the railing and into the stands sitting in the closest seat to the tunnel. Not knowing if it was okay for me to me here, I remained quiet as I pulled out my phone from my hoodie pocket. My sleek, white iPhone felt cold in my hands. Knowing that if I continued to live and be constantly with my parents that I would lose my mind, I pulled up an internet page and went to a realtor page to see if I could find a reasonably priced apartment. Not knowing if my parents would support my decision to get my own place, I knew that it was a possibility that I would be paying for the apartment of myself.

I spent a while looking through apartments until I was broke out of my trance by some yelling going happening on the ice. “Seguin! What the hell! Would you wake up!” Coach Claude Julien yelled at one of his players causing me to look up to see what was going on.

& & &

TYLER'S POV

I woke up this morning knowing that we were going to have a hard practice considering we need to secure a spot in the playoffs, and my expectations were met as the team took the ice for practice. Coach was on our asses like no other. As we were doing drills to better our power play, I noticed something I didn't expect or well more like someone. In a seat next to the railing my the visitor tunnel sat a girl with her knees to her chest as she looked at something on her phone. The girl was gorgeous, although I'm sure people would say I've slept with girls much hotter than her. Despite the normal description of hot, this girl in my mind was the best looking girl I've seen. She wasn't dressed in a million dollar outfit, and her face wasn't caked with make up. This attraction I felt for this unknown girl caused my eyes to be locked on her.

I didn't even notice when my line had begun the drill. Missing the start of the drill completely, I head Coach yelling “Seguin! What the hell! Would you wake up!” Before I snapped out of my trance on the girl I noticed her deep blue eyes flicker to the ice.

“Sorry, Coach” I mumbled before attempting to turn my complete attention back to the practice going on the ice which throughout practice appeared to be harder said then done.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you guys like the new chapter! I promise it will get more interesting soon, sorry for the slow start.
I appreciate all feedback so thanks!

Yours truly,
Blake<3