The President's Daughter

Three

The sound of sticks hitting the puck and the screaming of coaches were the few sounds that could be heard as I sat in the stands as practice continued. For the most part, practice appeared to be like any other practice that they would have. My attention stayed on my phone most of the practice hoping that this day would pass by fast.

My phone lit up as I got a text message from Zoe: hey baby girl, I miss you and hope you're not still mad at me. Love youuu.

Knowing I couldn't stay mad at my best friend for long, her text mad me smile. The next thirty minutes were spent texting Zoe. We were never two who could stay mad at each other for too long so after the first few text messages it was as if we hadn't fought in the first place. I told her how I felt like I was being suffocated by the constant attention, and she like always was the one to help me through it.

Soon, my phone was ringing with my dad's name on the screen. He was now done with his meeting and letting me know to meet him at the car so we could leave. So I stood up from my seat and squeezing myself through the railing to get back to the visitor's tunnel and retreating my steps back to my dad's car.

&&&

TYLER'S POV

The rest of practice was as grueling as the first part. Yet I found myself almost working ten times harder trying to impress the anonymous girl sitting in the stands. The more I think over that last statement the more I realize how completely stupid it sounds to be trying to impress someone who I don't even know.

When practice was finally over, all of the guys sluggishly began to make our way to the locker room. Before I was even in the locker room, I began to take off my practice jersey wanting nothing more to just go home and sleep for days. I threw my jersey in my stall as I continued to take off my pads before untying and taking off my skates. After I finished taking off my skates, I looked up and was met my the intense stares of multiple teammates.

“What?” I asked trying to figure out why they were staring at me like that while wiping my face with a towel.

“Please tell me you didn't?” Brad asked while staring at me intently.

“Didn't what?” I asked getting aggravated that they just wouldn't spit it out.

“Hook up with Ashton,” He said clarifying himself, but I was still clueless to what he was talking about.

“Dude I don't even know an Ashton. What are you talking about?”

“Tyler, we saw you starring at her. So if you don't know her then what was that all about?” Patrice Bergeron continued to question me.

Realizing what they were talking about, I responded: “What? That girl in the stands? Yeah, the girl is gorgeous and I wish I knew her, but I've never met the girl in my life.”

“Thank god, man. You scared us, Segs” Brad said while his normal goofish look returning to his face. The way they were acting was really starting to scare me. Normally, the boys wanted to know all the details of the girls I was with, yet this time they seemed like they through being with a girl would suddenly cause the world to combust in some kind of explosion.

“What is wrong with you guys? Why would it matter if I was hooking up with that girl? You guys are acting so weird” I questioned them.

“Segs, do you not know who that is?” Milan Lucic asked me while looking at me as if I was the stupidest person in the entire world.

“No...should I?”

“Dude, that is Cam Neely's daughter. Now do you understand why we were so concerned. That situation could have ended so badly for you,” Brad said while he got up and returned to his stall as the other players did the same which signaled that this conversation was over.

&&&

ASHTON'S POV

Sighing, I pulled the arena door back open and reentering the building in pursuit of my jacket that I left in the stands. After I had reached my dad's car, I had realized that I no longer had my hoodie with me. My eyes traveled around my surroundings trying to remember the route I took to get to the visitor's tunnel. Getting frustrated, I realized that I should turn a corner and head the other way thinking that I had been walking one way too long.

As I turned the corner, I realized my mistake as my body was thrown to the ground resulting from a sudden impact.

“Oh god, I'm sorry I didn't see you there,” A voice came from above me. As I looked up, my eyes can in contact with deep hazel one's starring back at me. This man was definitely gorgeous but that was once thought of Ryan so I'm obviously not great at judging people.

“It's alright, don't worry about it” I said while wanting nothing more to get out of this awkward situation. Reaching for my fallen cell phone, I picked it up. I noticed his eyes following my pink cast clad hand.

“Here let me help you up,” he said while offering me his hand. I accepted it, as sparks suddenly fled though my entire body, and he helped me up.

“Thanks,” I said now even more awkward than before trying to avoid looking at his eyes.

“I'm Tyler,” he said while holding out his land for me to shake.

“Ashton.” I said while hesitantly shaking his hand allowing sparks to fly back through my body yet again. “So bye, then..” I spoke before walking back the other way trying to get away as fast as I could.
♠ ♠ ♠
So here's yet another chapter for you guys.
Hope you enjoy.

Yours truly,
Blakee<3

P.S Comments make me more inspired to keep writing.