The President's Daughter

Four

“Mom, Dad! I'm not trying to be ungrateful, but you guys are suffocating me. I am technically considered an adult, but you guys are continually treating me like I'm five years old. I can take care of myself you know,” I tried to explain my frustration to my parents without my anger coming though.

“Well obviously you can't! That scar on your face is proof that you aren't capable of taking care of yourself!” My dad exploded.

My mom's eyes, along with mine, went wide in shock at my father's words. “Cam!” she scolded.

I could fell the tears swelling in my eyes threatening to fall as I let his words sink in. Getting up, I stood up and went to my room. When in my room, I gently closed the door behind me and locking it. I could hear my mom's footsteps in the hall coming to my room. Soon, the knock on my door followed by her lightly calling my name trying to coax me into opening the door, but I ignored her attempts. Instead, I walked into my closed pulling out two of my duffel bags and began to start stuffing clothes in them. Maybe my dad was right, maybe he wasn't; but, I knew one thing for sure-- I cannot deal with the suffocating feeling I feel anymore.

Once my bags was filled with as many clothes as I could fit, I went into my bathroom and collected all my toiletries that I deemed necessities stuffing them into the bag as well. I decided to grab another hoodie and slipped on over my shirt and yoga pants that I was currently wearing. Going over to my desk, I went through the contents looking for my wallet containing all my money and bank cards. With one last glance over my room, I went around putting things, like my phone charger, that I might need into the bag.

Grabbing my bags and one of my pillows, I threw the bags out my window and to the side yard as quietly as I could. Remembering all of the times that I did this in high school, I climbed through my window and down the tree next to my window. Quickly, I gathered my stuff and stuffed into the back of my white Volkswagen Jetta that I I have had since high school.

Pulling out of my parents drive way, I finally felt like I could breathe once again. As much as I love my family, people don't understand the pressure there is to be the perfect child in that family. With all the expectations forced upon me, I turned into an emotionless robot who goes through the motions and then wakes up the next day and does it all again.

&&&

TYLER'S POV

Thoughts of her cascading brown hair and deep, dark blue eyes never failed to stay a present concept on my mind. Never being hung up on a girl like this, I was quickly being emotionally drained. An internal battle constantly looming over me. There is an undeniably this strong attraction to this girl I never met, but she is the President's Daughter. I'm not sure but I think there is probably some kind of rule against that if not written just a spoken one that says you can't date the daughter of your team's president. Breaking that rule could end in the ruining of my hockey career in the NHL.

“Segs, are you coming out with us after the game tonight?” Brad asked from his stall next to mine.

“No..not tonight man,” I said while putting my shoes back on. The team had just finished our morning skate.

“What? Why not?” Brad countered. I knew I couldn't tell him the truth-- that I was tired to being surrounding by slutty girls trying to get me to take them home. That all I wanted to do was sit at home with the thoughts of Ashton taking over my mind.

“My family is coming to town..sorry Marshy.” I lied, knowing very well that I would being nothing but being consumed by my thoughts tonight.

&&&

ASHTON'S POV

After driving for what has seemed to be hours, I pulled my car over on the side of a Boston street. Looking at the clock, I noticed that it has actually been hours considering it I now 10:34 pm. Noticing a small convenient store on the corner of the quiet Back Bay road, I decided I should probably go get something to eat. Before I got out of the car, I put my hair up in a quick bun knowing that my hair was a mess from running my hands through my hair in frustration so much.

Stepping out of the car, I grabbed my wallet before locking my car and walking over to the store. Considering it was fall, the weather was actually pretty nice with some sunshine. I opened the door and gave a small smile to the woman at the counter before walking through the aisles to the drink section in the back. Being the indecisive person I am, I stood staring at the contents of the refrigerators containing drinks for a while. My eyes raking over the selection, my eyes stopped on the liquor section. Although I knew it was a bad idea and illegal, I was drawn closer to the section knowing there is a fake id sitting in one of the slots in my wallet. Looking around to see if anybody else was in the aisle to notice my hesitation, I opened the door and grabbed a bottle when I observed no one else was around.

“Ashton? It that you?” I heard a voice behind me ask, making me jump a little. I slowly turned around on my heels coming to face with the hazel eyed boy who bumped into me and sent my body up in sparks at the TD Garden only days ago.