The President's Daughter

Eight

Tyler's POV

Pulling Brad out of my apartment and shutting the door behind us, I dragged him as far away as I could from Ashton. Once in the hallway, I let him from my grasp and began to watch him pace back and forth down the hallway.

“What the hell, man?” he asked stopping in front of me.

I opened by mouth to speak, but was caught off my him. “Wait, I don't want to even hear another lie. You said you didn't even know her!”

Leaning against the wall and sighing I said, “Brad, I wasn’t lying that day. I didn't know her, but I ended up meeting her later that day. I promise you it isn't what it looks like, we aren't together. She's just in a tough situation, and I'm trying to help her out.”

He looked at me skeptically before asking, “So there's nothing going on between you two?”

“Absolutely nothing, just a friend helping a friend” I said with my hands up in surrender trying to convince him, but it felt like I was also trying to convince myself as well.

& & &
Ashton's POV

I knew that I shouldn't have been eavesdropping but you know what they say curiosity killed the cat. Leaning with an ear against the door, I felt my sharp pang in my chest as I heard Tyler say, “Absolutely nothing, just a friend helping a friend.”

I don't know why it had such an impact on me because that was exactly what this situation was a friend helping a friend. Friend. I never hated that word until I heard it sounded coming out of Tyler's mouth. I don't even know what's wrong with me. Its not like Tyler and I would ever be more than friends. We're two completely different types of people that could never work in a relationship. Even the consideration of a relationship with Tyler is absurd, he probably just sees me as this insecure little girl who runs away when thing get tough.

Not wanting to hear anymore, I slowly backed away from the door and into the kitchen to find something to occupy my attention so that Tyler wouldn't be suspicious when he reentered the apartment. As if perfect timing, Tyler's dog Marshall came strutting into the kitchen. Bending down and petting him, I adored the small pup.

Hearing the opening of the apartment door, my body froze up. Seconds later, Tyler was walking into the kitchen with a frustrated look on his face. Standing up straight, I shot him a sympathetic look knowing this was all my fault.

“I'm sorry, Tyler” I began causing to him to look up bringing his attention on me before I continued, “I didn't mean to cause any trouble.”

Raising his hand up to tell me to stop talking he said, “Ashton, don't be stupid. Brad's just Brad, he'll get over it.”

Running my hand through my hair, I said “Maybe I should just go.”

“Ashton! I said stop! You're being ridiculous! You're not going any where!” Tyler said with a raised voice which caused me to involuntary curl my body up and walked into the corner as a reflex.

Noticing my scared reaction, a regretful expression went automatically across Tyler's face. He stepped toward slowly which only set me retreating into the corner more. “Ashton, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to raise my voice at you.”

By now, Tyler was standing directly in front of me as I focused on avoid eye contact with him. But attempts failed as he gently took my chin and tilted my face so I was looking at him as he said, “Hey, you know I would never hurt you right?”

Although Ryan once told me the same thing, there was something that made me actually believe Tyler. The way he said it sounded so genuine and caring. Ashton, stop thinking like this. He's a friend, remember? Just a friend.

“I don't want to mess up your life with all my drama,” I mumbled while holding the eye contact with him.

“Ash, you're not messing up my life. I promise you that,” he responded in a soft voice.

“Tyler, you're fighting with your friends..that sounds like I'm messing things up to me.”

Still looking me in the eyes, Tyler said “I don't care what Brad thinks, Ashton, I don't want you to go any where else.” Leaning closer so he was by my ear, I shivered at the new closeness as he whispered, “I want you here.”

Looking up at him, our noses almost touched from how close we were. Our faces just inches apart. The next thing I know, our lips are coming together in what was the most passionate kiss I have ever had. His arms slipped around my waist and he deepened the kiss further causing my arms to wrap around his neck.

Slowly pulling away, he kept his arms around my waist keeping me close to him. “I should probably apologize for that, but knowing I've wanted to do that since I first saw you I don’t think I can,” he mumbled into my neck.

“Then don't apologize,” I said causing to look back into my eyes before recapturing my lips in another heart stopping kiss.

My hands went from his neck rubbing up and down his arms as the kiss continued. Not breaking this kiss, he picked me up and gently set me down on the counter. My legs spread slightly giving him enough room to stand. His hands fell to my thighs tracing light patterns as he moved his mouth down to my neck leaving sweet butterfly kisses before looking more aggressively for my sweet spot.

Tilting my head to the side, I gave Tyler better access to my neck as my hands continued to roam his body slipping under his shirt to feel his rock hard abs.

I involuntarily let out a moan as Tyler found my sweet spot where my clavicle met my neck. I could feel his lips turn up in a smile as my moan reached his ears. “Ty,” I moaned as he put more pressure on the spot which I knew would leave a visible hickey.

Bringing his head back up to my face, he leaned his forehead against mine. “As much as I don't want to, I think we should stop,” he whispered lightly causing a frown to from on my lips which in turn caused a small chuckle to leave Tyler's mouth. “If we don't stop now, I won't be able to stop later. I don't want to pressure you into doing something you don't want to do.”

A wave of shock went through my body from Tyler actually caring about what I wanted instead of just about what he wanted. All my life, people always put their wants before mine, and it is weird for me for someone to actually think about my wants.

Due to my silence, Tyler continued “But I really, really like you... a lot. And I don't want to rush things too fast.”

“Thank you, Tyler” I said without even thinking before it left my mouth.

Pulling his forehead away from mine but keeping it close, he looked at me confused before asking, “Thank you for what?”

“For caring about what I think,” I said “but for the record, I think I like you, a lot, too.”

“Of course I care,” he said while wrapping his arms back around my waist. “Ashton, I want to be with you.”

“Tyler, I don't think us being together would go over so well with a lot of people,” I sighed knowing that no matter how much we wanted to be together that there would be a lot of people who would disapprove.

“Fuck them, Ash. I just want be with you,” Tyler said as he pressed his lips to my forehead.

Thinking it over quickly, “I can keep a secret if you can?” I asked him quietly.

He kissed my lips lightly before muttering, “sealed with a kiss.”