Ave Maria

"Give eternal peace to those who bear the cross of atonement."

From a bird's eye view, the New York skyline was a sight to behold. Lights seemed to dance when you passed by them. But as colorful the lights of New York were, the people who lived there were just as diverse. If the city had an array of buildings, ranging from small, five-floored building to skyscrapers that seemed to touch the sky, there were also people as small as dirt and people who acted as gods. Different scenes thrived in this city and one of the most prominent ones was the drug scene.

Standing on top of the tall buildings was a girl whose gaze was set upon the city. She surveyed the streets below from high above. Her eyes then focused on a window from one of the numerous buildings in front of her. A cold gust of wind gently blew and even though she was wearing a black suit, she didn't seem to mind it. She walked towards the ledge then slung the worn-out backpack from her shoulders. She knelt down as she dropped the bag down to the floor. She fiddled with the zipper until it was fully opened, revealing the parts of a CheyTac Intervention.

"Ave Maria," she whispered softly as she put together the parts. And as she was finishing, she continued, "gratia plena, dominicus tecum."

After putting the suppressor on, she lay on her stomach and positioned the rifle in front of her. Then she murmured as she fiddled with the scope of the rifle, "Benedicta tu in mulieribus, et benedictus fructus ventris tui, Iesus."

She lifted her hand and softly touched the eye patch on her right eye. It was both a blessing and a curse from the Father. It was a blessing for she was chosen to deliver justice but it was a curse for she had to deliver a soul to God. She slowly lifted the eye patch exposing a peculiar kind of eye. Her right eye had the shape of a scope in its pupil.

She considered herself as a sinner. No better than the man that she was going to kill tonight. And the reason for that was her eye.

She took aim at a man in an office in a building 400 yards away. He owned numerous drug cartels and killed people more than the number of his cars. He liked to flaunt his riches and had no problem going for the kill for money. He considered himself as a god and acted that way. But he was no god - nor would he ever be one.

There was no use for people like him in the world. He must be eradicated from the Lord's flock and it was up to her to deliver his atonement.

"Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus," she whispered as she felt her fingers wrap around the trigger. She steadied her breathing, "nunc, et in hora mortis nostrae," After all; she was used to this already. Then she pulled the trigger.

"Amen."