Fiercely Impulsive

Baybehs

Dean's stomach grumbled loudly. His green eyes blinked away from the road and met his younger brother's stare. Sam's face was still beat up from the hunt before. The angry spirit had flung him and Dean around like dolls. Dean felt ten years older from the fight. He could see on his brother's face how tired he really was. A sigh escaped his lips and his eyes returned to the road.

"Hey Sammy, you wanna stop in Houston tonight?" Dean asked, his eyes flicked towards Sam. Sam nodded his head and leaned back in the seat. It hurt Dean to see his little brother so beat up.

They were already in Texas; leaving Austin to be exact. The town had a nasty vengeful spirit that the Winchester boys took care of. Dean heard of a bar in Houston called Baybehs that was supposed to be amazing from some locals. The guy who recommended it said the waitresses were out of this world. And they did sell some of the best pie in town. Dean checked his watch, it was only six in the afternoon. Plenty of time to pop in at the bar. Maybe even rent a hotel.

Dean grinned to himself and turned the radio up a few more notches. He wanted to be wide awake and stoked for the bar. It was a night for them to just cut loose and have a little fun. Sam pinched his nose and groaned. His head left like it was going to explode. Dean only smiled and winked at his brother.

"Jerk," said Sam.

"Bitch," Dean replied with the smile still on his face.

Image


Houston was built to show off. There was the Heritage Plaza that stood two hundred and thirty-two meters in the air; the William's Tower that was forty-three meters taller and the twenty-third tallest building in the United States of America. And no one could forget the Reliant Astrodome! Everything about the town was exciting. When the Winchester brothers entered Houston it was dark, which meant the whole city was lit up. It was like Christmas with so many different lights.

Dean rolled down his window and stared some more. It was his first time in Houston in years and it always amazed him how upclose he was to the buildings. The chemical plants odor stuffed his nose so he rolled his window back up. Sam just stared forward, his eyes never met any particular thing. That concerned Dean greatly.

Sam's phone suddenly rang. He glanced at Dean before he answered the phone.

"Oh hey Bobby!" Sam's face lit up a bit more. Dean smiled and tried to keep is eyes in the road and Sam at the same time.

There was a slight buzz on the other line as Bobby spoke.

Sam smiled, "Yeah we burned the bones. Don't worry, Bobby." Sam waited for the Bobby to speak. "We are going to spend the night in Houston. Dean was told about a bar that sold pie," Sam lightly chuckled. "We should be heading back tomorrow afternoon. Depends how much of a hangover Dean has. Okay, see you later, Bobby."

Sam shut the phone. Dean cocked an eyebrow, "Since when does Bobby check up like that?" Sam shrugged his shoulders in response.

"Maybe he's lonely," Sam replied and stuffed himself back into the seat. He really wanted to sleep. He knew if he said anything he would get shit from Dean.

The highway was almost a straight shot to the bar. In bright, tacky, neon lights read, Baybehs. Dean smiled to himself. It's been months since Sam and him just acted like normal people. They hardly ever went out drinking for shits and giggles. Sam was indifferent it the idea; he seemed to be indifferent towards many things.

But that's they didn't know was that night would change both of their lives forever. Which to think about it, wasn't abnormal for the Winchester brothers. Pain, suffering and fate always seemed to find them. It was about time they were fighting for something else.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thoughts?