Fiercely Impulsive

A Challenge

Dean tossed his bag on one of the two beds. He only changed his shirt. The leather jacket had to be ditched again, Texas was far more humid than the northern states. Sam had taken a shower and dressed in a few outfit. Dean grinned in his direction.

"What's Sammy getting all spoofed up for?" Dean mocked lightly. Sam rolled his eyes and ran his fingers through his wet hair.

"I felt like being clean, Dean. You wouldn't understand," Sam forced a smile.

Dean pointed at Sam, then himself. "I'm clean," he motioned to himself. Sam raised his eyebrow and his focus turned to Dean's mustard stain. "It was clean...two days ago," Dean mumbled.

Image


Dean opened the door to the bar. It wasn't anything special on the outside, and apparently it wasn't on the inside either. It looked like any other bar; there was a large counter with bar stools and multiple tables cluttering the area. In the far corner was two pool tables and in the other corner was a small make-shift stage. A lone musician was playing a slow song on the stage. Various looking people stood around talking, laughing and a few were already tipsy. Dean nodded his head, really glad there wasn't any other Hunters present. Him and Sam sat at the counter casually.

Sam ordered knowing what Dean exactly liked. Only because Dean's attention was elsewhere. Everything in the room was a blur to Dean, but for her. She sat at the farthest table, in the back of the bar, secluded from the rest of the area. That itself made her interesting to Dean. Then behind the large book, that he didn't bother to read the title of, her face appeared.

Something happened in the pit of Dean's stomach. It was like the time he hate that bad burrito in New Mexico. Dean eyes grew wide and he started to mutter something. Sam turned away from the bartender and looked in the direction Dean's attention was.

"Do I need to call someone to clean up your drool?" Sam asked, then siped on the beer in his hand. Dean removed his eyes from her direction and took a large gulp from his own drink.

The woman was still on her mind. He seemed to have looked past her frizzy-like hair, a nose too big for her face and how her skin seemed a bit too dry in the warm weather. All he saw was her gorgeous blue eyes peaking from beneath thick lashes, looking last him. It was like he wasn't even there. Which never happened to Dean Winchester. Dean was the handsome, sexy brother. He had movie star quality looks and physique that lured all the girls. But this woman, barely gave him a glance. Vainly, Dean checked himself out in the bar's mirror that was on the opposite wall. He looked over at the woman, who had again buried her face in the book.

Sam thought it was a little strange for someone to be reading in a bar. He had done it numerous times, but that was because Dean dragged him along like a puppy. This woman chose to read, which set warning signs in Sam's intricate mind. He squinted his eyes and read the cover. A smile spread across his face no his started to laugh loudly.

"Dean, seriously. Look at what's she is reading. I bet she wouldn't even look at you twice," Sam snorted.

The book in her hands was one that Sam knew too well. He had to read it when he was in college. It was one of those types of books that only one with a certain IQ would enjoy reading. Even Sam found the book painfully boring. But he knew by the woman reading it, she wasn't the type Dean mostly went for.

After stuffing his face with pie, Dean finally turned around in his stool and stared at her. Every so often she would reach out and take a sip out of the fruity drink next to her. More than once Dean notice a guy stare at her then walk up and try to have small talk. Each time he would turn away angrily and leave with the nearest woman who would have him.

Though Dean came off as stupid, he wasn't. He knew girls like that. They wanted male attention, but they didn't want to do anything with it. They wanted to be lusted for, but not bought. Dean kept a grin on his face, he wanted to prove her wrong and kick her off her high horse. He liked a challenge.
♠ ♠ ♠
I swear I posted up to chapter four. I have all the chapters up to twelve written. I'll post them at least twice a week. I also don't have a way to edit them anymore. The site is used is pretty much trashed. So it's just me having to look it over. So please, if you notice anything let me know.