Why Me?

Where Is She?

There it was, her image, her beautiful sea foam green eyes, her long, curly black hair, her sun kissed skin, it was plastered on the "Missing Persons" bulletin board in the Police Department. To most, it was just another face on a piece of paper, but to him, it was so much more than that.

He stared, teary eyed at the image, it was all he had of her. She had been missing for 3 weeks now, it was unlikely now that she would be found, he knew it too, but he wished he didn't. As he stared at the picture, a police officer walked up to him,"I'm sorry sir, but if you have no reason to be here, I'm going to have to ask you to leave." Eric wanted to punch him, he didn't understand how badly he missed her. Instead of arguing, Eric just nodded, and walked out, tears coming to his eyes.

It was 2 a.m. and Eric was still awake, drowning his pain in vodka and television. As he flipped through the channels, he stopped on the local news. The face of the news woman, with a botox injected face, and plastic boobs started speaking,"And the search for missing 19 year old Brazil Jay Starkson still continues. Brazil went missing three weeks ago, after a night on the town with her friends. Her friends described a tall, dark, scar faced man, that they saw following Brazil home in a '97 blue mustang. Police say that the man that took Brazil was 45 year old Steven Brunesque, who is wanted for rape, D.U.I, selling illegal drugs, theft, and kidnapping. If anyone knows of his or Brazil's whereabouts, please inform the police immediately." Eric shut the T.V. off, not being able to take it anymore, he burst out crying.

Eric cried himself to sleep, and started to dream about the last time he saw her, Sunday, the day before she went missing.

~Eric's Dream~
He woke to her face inches away from him, a devilish grin on her face,"Wakey Wakey eggs 'n' Bakey!" she kissed his nose, and he smiled,"Morning babe,"he replied as he slowly got up,"Morning? its 11 o' clock you lazy bum!"she smiled,"Lazy bum huh?" He started to tickle her, and she went into a fit of laughter,"Eric! Eric I'm sorry! Stop,"she managed to say in between laughs. He stopped tickling her,"I love you baby," he whispered in her ear,"I love you too,"she whispered back.

~The next morning~
Eric was walking around town, when he walked past the park. He stopped, and ran back. He walked into the park slowly, and came across another Missing Persons bulletin board. Out of all of the faces of pretty young girls, Brazil's stuck out the most. He burst out crying,"Why god why?! I need her back! I need her here, safe in my arms!! I....need her...."he sobbed and sobbed, getting down on his knees, he just sat there and cried, ignored all the people asking questions, he cried. After awhile, he managed to cease crying, and he quickly ran home.

He got home, slammed the door shut, and turned on the T.V. he stared at the screen, and the same news woman from last night. He payed no attention to the words coming out of her mouth, until he heard her talking about Brazil again,"This morning, at about 8:30, 19 year old Brazil Jay Starkson's body was found on the side of the highway, lying in a ditch. She had various bruises, and severe wounds all over her legs."He turned it off. No, it couldn't be true, she couldn't be dead. He grabbed his phone, and called her parents,"Hello?"her mother cried into the phone,"Is it true? Is she gone?"Eric asked, sobbing into the phone,"Yes Eric....It's true....I'm sorry hunny."

It had been two weeks since the news, and it was the day of her funeral. Eric stood there, with his mother, and Brazil's parents. The pastor started speaking, but Eric heard nothing, he just stared at the casket. He couldn't believe that her body was in there. His mother grabbed his hand and squeezed it. After the service, they started to lower the casket, and Eric just stood there, tears falling down his face. After it was completely in the ground, they started to bury it.

Three weeks after they buried her, Eric went back to the cemetery. He walked down the rows of tombstones until he came to hers. He set down the extremely large bouquet of flowers,"Brazil, I know its too late, but..."he leaned down next to the grave,"I love you."He pulled out a small velvet box out of his pocket. He opened it to reveal a beautiful gold diamond ring. He closed it again and placed it on top of the tombstone. He smiled, tears brimming his eyes. He stood up, and walked away.
♠ ♠ ♠
This story is dedicated, to anyone whoever had a close friend or family member that went missing.

xx.oo.xxx