I'm Sorry

High School Heartache

*Ten Years ago*
Katie Bishop and Dylan Alvarez were the ‘It’ couple at their high school. Dylan was the star quarterback of the school’s football team, he was a party kid, and was the class clown. Everybody who was anybody loved him and he loved the attention. Katie wasn’t a cheerleader, but she was a sweetheart and you couldn’t help but fall in love with her innocence (even though she was far from it, just ask Dylan). She was at all of Dylan’s games to cheer him on. They did cute couple things together, he would carry her books and she would play with his hair in class, he would get protective of her and she would break up his fights, he would throw her over his shoulder and carry her around and she would giggle and blush. If Dylan did something for Katie, all the girls would want their boyfriends to do the same for them. Everyone wanted their relationship. You could say that is the only part of Katie’s life any sane person would want.
Katie’s parents basically abandoned her when she was seven, saying she was too needy and cost way too much money, but what child isn’t. Her aunt and uncle, The Ragans, took her in. They had a son, George, but Katie always called him Johnny. He was a very intelligent boy; he was always reading and saying some pretty deep stuff. Then he got into eight grade and he changed. Every weekend he was at some party getting high and drunk and Katie would cover for his hangovers to her Auntie. Johnny was how Katie met Dylan, along with her best friends, Matt, every one called him Kurlzz and Jordon. There were two other boys that always hung out with Johnny, Jorel, or as every one called him Jay, and Aron. For the longest time everyone’s bets were that Jay and Katie would get together. But then on Katie’s 16th birthday it was Dylan who showed up with flowers and asked her out and Jay who got her a CD and a coupon to Del Taco.
That was sophomore year, now they were seniors.
~
Katie was shoving her Advanced Chem book in her locker and taking out her Government book. She wasn’t looking the best today; she was in sweatpants, an old t-shirt and wearing Dylan’s varsity jacket. Her blonde hair was up in a messy bun and her blue eyes looked tired. She got to school late because she couldn’t wake Johnny up and was late to Advanced Chemistry, making Mr. Richardson very angry she was searching for a pencil when she heard someone next to her. She looked up and saw Dylan. He had on his football jersey and a pair of dark pants, his government book hooked under his arm. He was trying to grow a ‘stache and Katie though it was adorable. He was smirking at her, looking at her like she was a goddess.
“I heard you were late to class this morning. Bad girl.” Dylan told her wagging his finger at her playfully. “Do you need to be punished?” He whispered. He smiled and kissed her.
“Now, now Dylan. You know how Ms. Clint the Bitch feels about PDA.” A voice said from behind them.
They broke apart and saw Jordon and Matty, holding the same books. Second period government was the only class that all of the guys and Katie shared.
“Shut up Jordon. It’s romantic to kiss in the hallway.” Matt said in a girly voice.
“Dude you’re so gay it’s not even funny.” Jordon told Matt.
Dylan put his arm around Katie, “Let me take those.” He said taking her books and walking towards class with Jordon and Matt.
“Did you finish your homework?” Matt asked no in particular.
Katie nodded her head and Jordon and Dylan laughed, “No way dude. I don’t got time for that shit.” Jordon said.
“Coach is gonna kick you off the team if you don’t get your grades up, babe.” Katie told Dylan.
“I know. But Johnny throws so many kick ass parties that I can’t just not show up.” Dylan told her like it was obvious.
“That’s so true. I heard someone hooked up with Aubrey in the bathroom.” Jordon said.
Aubrey was the school slut; she got every guy she wanted. Katie wouldn’t have a problem with her if she would stop trying to get with Dylan.
“I think me and Dylan are the only ones who haven’t tapped that.” Matt joked.
“Yeah.” Dylan said laughing nervously.
Katie shrugged it off as nothing. She didn’t want to get caught up in it.
“Here we are. The reason I loathe school.” Katie said as they got to their Government class room.
They walked in and saw Jay and Aron messing with the teachers stuff and Johnny sitting in the back with his head on his desk. Matt sat down next to Johnny and Charlie sat in front of him. Dylan sat down next to Charlie, Katie sitting next to him. Aron and J ran over to them.
“If anyone asks, it was Jeremy,” Jay told them sitting in front of Katie. He smiled at her, and she smiled back. Aron looked at Jay knowingly and sat next to him.
The thing with Jorel was, he liked Katie but he would never take her away from his best friend. He had liked Katie since they were 7 and he was grounded on Halloween, Katie came by his house and gave him her candy. Aron was the only one who knew about Jay’s crush, while Johnny suspected but he never said anything.
“What did you do?” Katie asked
Right then Mr. Jones, their Government teacher, walked in.
“Miss Bishop! Be quiet. I know you’ll never amount to anything out of school but that doesn’t mean you talk in my class.” He yelled at Katie.
All the guys were about to say something but Johnny beat them to it. “Shut the fuck up. She’s gonna amount to more than a high school Government teacher I can tell you that much.”
“Mr. Ragan I want you to go down to the principal’s office.” Mr. Jones told Johnny sternly.
Johnny shrugged,”Fuck that! I’m just gonna go home. I’ll be her to pick you up at 3:00, Kate.” He said leaving the classroom.
Mr. Jones shook his head and sat down in his chair. He wasn’t there for more than a second when it broke and he fell.
Everyone started laughing. Jorel pulled his hand from his pocket; in his hands he had the screw to the teacher’s chair.
“Which one of you delquients did that?!” Jones yelled.
Jorel threw the screws under Jeremy, the douche bag, desk. Everyone hated him and no one wanted to snitch on Jorel for fear of what would happen to them.
“Mr. Harris! Go to the office.” Jones yelled. Jeremy looked around but no one said anything.
The rest of the day went by fast. Jordon got a detention for being late to class, Dylan and Katie got yelled at for holding hands, Matt got suspended for breaking the sink in the boy’s bathroom, and Aron and Jorel continued to fuck with the teachers.
At the end of the day, Katie made her daily journey through the juggle of people to Dylan’s locker. When she got close she saw Aubrey there and she was talking to Dylan. Katie walked up slowly; she wanted to know what they were talking about.
“-not happening again!” Katie heard Dylan say angrily.
“Don’t pretend you didn’t like it. The sex was just as good for me as it was for you.” Aubrey told Dylan with a flirty smirk.
Katie froze and she choked up. ‘Maybe it’s a lie.’ She told her.
“Okay, yes, the sex was great, better than great. But-“Dylan started but Katie let out a small cry.
Dylan froze and turned around to face Katie. His eyes were big and filled with regret and guilt. Aubrey hightailed it; she was a coward and couldn’t handle confrontation,
“Babe-“He started to say, reaching out to touch her cheek. She swatted his hand away.
By then the hallways got quiet. Everyone wanted to see what was going to go down. Would the schools biggest couple break up? Why? But neither Katie nor Dylan noticed.
“Why,” Katie choked out. “Was I not good enough? Was I such shit in bed that you had to cheat on me?” By the end of the sentence Katie was screaming.
Aron, Jay and Jordon had all been watching. “Nothing to see hear, move your merry asses along.” Jordon told the people in the crowd. Some listened some didn’t.
“No, novia, I love you.” Dylan told her, moving closer to her.
“That didn’t answer my question.” Katie said sternly, taking a step back.
“You are good enough, you’re perfect. And sex with you is the best,” Dylan told her sincerely.
Katie was crying, her whole body was wracking with sobs, while Dylan tried to hold in the tears.
“Apparently not good enough for Mr. Big shot football player.” Katie said as she walked away, throwing his varsity jacket at him. Dylan tried to follow her but Aron stopped him.
~
After that Katie changed. She was as outgoing and she didn’t trust anyone besides Johnny. She stopped caring about school and her grades. She immersed herself in photography and getting high. Dylan changed too. He had a different girl every week, the days of sweet, romantic Dylan where gone. They both still loved each other, but Katie was never willing to give him another chance. Johnny was pissed off at first but he soon got over it.
After high school Katie got a job at a magazine company as the main photographer and kept in little contact with anyone other than Johnny, Matt, and Jordon. She hoped she would never have to see Dylan again.
But that would change very quickly.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's probably shit, but if you like it show it. If i think no one likes it I wont continue