Status: **I originally posted this on hockeyfanfiction.com

A New Team

Babysitting

“Bye! Have fun in Annapolis!” I called as Cameron and Michael left my apartment. They had just dropped Kinley off with me so they could celebrate their anniversary. They had set up the folding crib and left me some baby formula, toys, clothes, diapers, and just about anything else I could possibly need for a baby.

I had a half an hour before Nick was coming over. I had originally planned on putting on some nicer clothes, but decided against it about an hour ago. I had on my yoga pants and a grey half-zip hoodie with my monogram on the left of my chest and I had pulled my long hair into a messy bun on top of my head. I called the look “mommy chic”, even though I’m not a mom.

I had been sitting with Kinley for a while when I heard a knock at the door. I got up to answer the it. It was Nicky he gave me a big hug while being very careful of the baby, and I gave him a kiss on the cheek and we went to sit down in the living room are of my apartment. “Are you excited for game three tomorrow night?” I asked. I definitely was.

“Yeah.” He said. “I have a front row ticket to the game if you want it. You wouldn’t be alone. A couple of the player’s wives will be there too.”

“Really!” I exclaimed. “That would be awesome! I wouldn’t even care if I was alone.”

“Awesome.” Said Nicky. “You can cheer us on against our rivals.” I laughed.

“Of course.” I answered as I stood up to make Kinley a bottle. “Can you grab that tub of baby formula?” He grabbed it and followed me into the kitchen. “Will you hold her for me.”

“Yeah sure.” He answered as I passed her to him. He looked so cute with her. He really was the perfect guy I thought as I warmed the bottle up. He was my type, not just judging by looks, he was sweet and helpful and definitely not self absorbed.

When the bottle was ready we went back to the couch. He had his arm around me while I fed Kinley. We watched some TV and Kinley eventually fell asleep. It was just around four o’clock and I heard a knock at the door. That was weird Cameron and Michael weren’t going to be home until at least nine thirty. I got up to answer it. I opened the door and the person on the other side surprised me. I wasn’t expecting to see him again.