Status: **I originally posted this on hockeyfanfiction.com

A New Team

Boyfriend, Meet Ex Boyfriend

My ex boyfriend Sidney Crosby was standing outside my apartment. “What the hell are you doing here?” I practically shouted.

“Are you okay?” asked Nicky as he walked over to me and put his hand on my shoulder. He noticed Sidney and was shocked. Almost as shocked as Sidney. Before Nicky could get a word out Sidney started talking.

“Palmer, I knew you were mad, but I didn’t know you were mad enough get knocked up by a different hockey player! Thats ridiculous! We were in love. You just left me without a word!” He said. I opened my mouth to say something but he just shook his head and he muttered “Unbelieveable.” as he ran away. This looked bad. I was holding Kinley, was with another guy, I had been away from him for exactly long enough to have been knocked up and already had the baby. Shit. What do I say to Nicky? I started tearing up a little this sucked. I looked up at Nicky.

“Palmer?” He asked. “What was that” I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. “Before I moved back here I dated Sidney until I caught him cheating on me. I loved him and I thought we were going to get married. So I had no idea what to do so I moved here and started over. I have no idea how he found out I live here. He’s tried to apologize and get me back and I’ve said no every time. Now he thinks that Kinley is my baby and that you’re the dad.”

“I’ve never liked him.” said Nicky.

“Are you not mad?” I asked him.

“No.” He answered. “Just a little surprised. Its not your fault that you chose a cheater.” What a relief.

“Wanna tell that to Alex?” I said.

“What?” He asked. Shit. I forgot about that part too.

“I used to be really good friends with Ovie. I lived here before I met Sidney. I moved to Pennsylvania for a month for a tennis tournament. When I met Sidney I decided to stay up there. Alex warned me against it and was pissed when I ditched him to live with Sidney and he was even more pissed after I moved back because he knew he had been right and now even more pissed because I started dating you and now I just I-”

“Palmer, everything is fine.” He said. I hadn’t noticed, but I was crying again. He closed the door to my apartment and out his arm around me and we sat down on the couch.

​“God, that was freakin weird” I said after I had calmed down. We both laughed. Then he gave me a quick kiss and we laughed some more. I was beyond relieved.