Status: **I originally posted this on hockeyfanfiction.com

A New Team

Hospital

A little but after all of the guys had filed off the ice and into the locker room, I got a text. It was from Alex.

They take Nick to hospital to get stitches and check for concussion because he couldn't go back in game.

Okay, so not that bad I guess. I was still a little nervous. Alex hadn’t answered any of my texts trying to explain my whole situation, I was just so glad that he did now.

I’m on my way over.

I assumed that would be the end of our conversation seeing as though we weren’t exactly on great terms, but he answered.

I’ll meet you there.

He really did care about Nicky. I could kind of see why he would’ve been so mad at me for just kind of showing up in his friend’s life after I had ditched him.

I told Carmen and Brandi what was going on and then left. I ran out to the garage where I parked my car and I drove to the George Washington University Hospital. I didn’t actually know where Nick was, but I assumed he was there.

I walked into the hospital, I wasn’t exactly sure where to go, so I asked the lady at the front desk. “I’m here to see Nicklas Backstrom, he was just brought here. He should be getting stitches and being checked for a concussion.” I said.

“Let me look that up.” Said the lady. I waited for a few seconds. “He’s here, but he’s still being stitched up. So you can’t see him yet.” I sighed as I went to sit down in the waiting room.

After another minute or two, Alex walked in. “Alex!” I called. He looked at me and walked over.

“Hear anything?” He asked.

“Yeah. The lady said he’s still getting stitched up, so we can’t see him yet.” I answered. He sighed and made an angry face. I have to admit, that face had always been intimidating. “I think he’s okay though.”

“I guess.” He answered, then sat down next to me. We sat kind of awkwardly for a few minutes. “I’m sorry I got mad at you for leaving.”

“I’m sorry for leaving. I just made a stupid decision.” I answered.

“I tell you so.” He answered. I rolled my eyes and we both laughed. Then someone else walked over and sat down by us. “Greenie!”

“Hey man.” Said Mike. He looked at me and paused.“Who’s this girl?”

“That Nicky’s girl.” Alex answered. “Palmer this is Mike Green.”

“Hey.” I said as I shook his hand. “So this is the girl Nicky’s been telling us about.” Mike said. I looked up at him. “Only good things of course.” I laughed.

“I hope so.” I answered. “Wouldn’t want any of the bad things getting out.”

“Like how you date a Penguin two years ago.” said Alex with a grin. I inhaled and exhaled loudly.

“Yes, Alex, like how I dated a Penguin.” I said.

“Woah.” Said Mike. “You dated a Penguin? Who?”

“Sidney Crosby.” I said flatly.

“No way.” Mike said. He looked really surprised. “Does Nick know?”

“Yes.” I answered. “And he was surprisingly cool about it, Alex.” I looked over at him and he smiled at me. This whole situation was so weird, but I was happy that Alex and I were friends again.

“Nicklas can see people now.” said the front desk nurse as she walked over to us. Mike looked over at me.

​“You should go in first.” He said.