Status: **I originally posted this on hockeyfanfiction.com

A New Team

Visiting

“Hey.” I said quietly as I walked into Nicky’s room. He looked over at me and smiled. He was sitting up on an examination table in his red under armour shirt and compression shorts. He had a stitched up cut above his left eyebrow. “How ya feelin’?”

“Okay I guess.” He answered. I walked over and gave him a hug and he helped me up to sit next to him on the table. He put arm around me. I didn’t know what to say. This was definitely my fault. “No concussion.” He said. That was good news.

“Great.” I said. I still felt awful.

“What’s wrong?” asked Nicky. I guess I looked like I felt awful too. I knew that Nick wouldn’t want me to think this was my fault. I still did.

“I feel like this is my fault.” I answered. He sighed and adjusted his arm.

“Don’t.” He answered. “This is a dangerous sport. You know that. Its definitely not your fault, more like Sidney's.”

“So its just a coincidence that my ex boyfriend decked you after you scored the night after he saw us together and thought you knocked me up and that we have a six month old baby.” I said. I didn’t even notice that Mike and Alex had walked in.

“So there’s more to this weird story.” Said Mike.

“Sadly, yes.” I answered. “Nick was helping me babysit my niece and Sidney came to my door, and he thought my niece was our baby, and it really pissed him off.”

“And so the plot thickens.” Said Mike. “So Nicky, when they lettin’ you outta here?”

“Not sure.” He answered. Just then, a nurse walked in.

​“Nicklas, you have been cleared to leave, someone can drive you home, but you’re fine to play tomorrow.” She said. Alex and Mike clapped and cheered and Nicky smiled