Status: **I originally posted this on hockeyfanfiction.com

A New Team

Overnight

I pulled into Nicky’s drive way and walked with him up to his door. “Do you want to stay over?” he asked. I wasn’t expecting that, but it was Saturday so, what the hell?

“Yeah sure!” I answered. He smiled and lead me in and he went into his room to change. I sat on his bed while he changed out of his under armour outfit. Thank god Mike brought a pair of sweatpants for Nicky to wear over his under armour. He said he knew from experience that it was awkward to not have anything else to wear and to have to wear scrubs. “You played a great game tonight. I mean the goal was awesome.” He laughed.

“Yeah. The scar will remind me of that goal for a while.” He said. He adjusted the pillows on the bed and pulled back the covers while I took off his sweatshirt and my leggings. We both got into bed. He turned on the TV in front of the bed. It was on ESPN. Typical. They were showing highlights of the game in a countdown from ten to one. Number two was Nick’s goal, and number one was Sidney’s hit on Nick.

“Congrats!” I said as I cuddled up to him. “You were in the top ten twice.” He laughed and kissed me. I kissed back and it was great. I made sure to watch out for his forehead. I did not want to hit his stitches. We stopped after a little while. I didn’t expect to go all the way tonight. He had just gotten like ten stitches in his head. I yawned.

“Are you getting tired?” He asked. I hadn’t really noticed until now, but I was wiped out.

​“Yeah.” I answered. He turned off the lights and put his arm around me and I drifted off to sleep.