Status: **I originally posted this on hockeyfanfiction.com

A New Team

Coffee and an Explanation

Nicky dropped me off at my house on the way to Kettler for his practice. This morning he had said that he was pretty sore from getting hit yesterday, but he promised he would take it easy today. I didn’t have to be at work until 1:00. So I went home, showered, did some laundry, and changed before I headed out.

I decided to stop to get an iced coffee at Starbucks. I was waiting for my drink when Sidney walked in. Its like he knew exactly where I was all the time. I was praying that he didn’t notice me and that I could just slip out, but that not how my life worked.

“Palmer.” He said as he walked closer to me. “Did you just drop the baby off at daycare?”

​“Sidney.” I said. “You’ve got this entire situation so entirely wrong. Kinley is not my daughter she is my niece. Nicky is not her father, he is my boyfriend.” He looked confused. I pulled out my phone and pulled up my sister-in-law’s Facebook page to show him all of the pictures that Cameron had posted of herself, Kinley and Michael captioned “our baby girl”. Now he just looked stunned. The lady called out my drink and I took my phone back, grabbed my coffee, and left.