Status: **I originally posted this on hockeyfanfiction.com

A New Team

Game 4

Tonight was game 4 against the Pens. Nicky was playing today. Hockey players play through way worse than ten stitches all the time, but that didn’t mean I wasn’t still a little nervous. I was going to the game tonight with Carmen and Brandi. This time we were sitting behind the Penguins goal. We were five rows from the ice. “Hey.” I said to Carmen who was already in her seat.

“Hey!” she answered back, hugging me. “How’s Nick?”

“Fine.” I said. “He was a little sore yesterday, but he’ll play tonight.”

“That’s good.” She said. A few seconds later Brandi walked over

“Hi girls!” She said. “Who’s excited for the game?”

“Definitely me!” Said Carmen. Brandi hugged both of us and we sat down to get ready to watch the game. The lights went out, then the referees and Penguins skated out. Then the crowd went crazy as the Capitals made their entrance.

LETS GO CAPS! LETS GO CAPS! LETS GO CAPS!

The Caps won the opening faceoff, but thats just about all they did in the first period. No one scored, thanks to Holtby who saved their butts. When the first intermission came around Carmen, Brandi, and I all had the same look. They guys just weren’t playing very well.

When the second period started everyone played a little better, Nicky shot more, Ovi skated faster, Chimera hit harder, and Adam Oates yelled louder. About halfway through, Evgeni Malkin chipped one in past Holtby. The whole arena sighed, but you could hear Brandi’s over everyone elses. Nothing else happened in the period.

In the start of the third period, Alex Ovechkin was on fire. He ran people over and took about a million shots. Finally a third of the way through, he scored. We were back in the game! No one scored for the rest of the period, so we went to overtime.

Since it was the playoffs, there was a fifteen minute intermission followed by a twenty minute five on five sudden death period.

“This is way too close for me.” said Carmen.

“Yeah.” I said. “I hope we just win this one quickly.” That wasn’t going to happen. Everyone came out and got ready for the opening faceoff.

20:00. The Caps won the faceoff. Shot from Ovi. Nothing. 15:00. A shot from Sidney. Blocked by Holtby. 14:50 Sidney gets run over by Ovi. 10:00. Still tied one to one. 5:00 Caps win neutral zone face off. Pass to Mike Green. Slapshot to the right of the net. He scores!

​The place went wild! I hugged Brandi, Carmen, and anyone else who would hug me. The boys were going to Pittsburg, winning the series 3-1!