Status: **I originally posted this on hockeyfanfiction.com

A New Team

The Morning After

I woke up smiling and feeling all warm inside. Nick had his arm around me and I felt better than I had in awhile. Nicky decided to let me know he was up by giving me a kiss on the cheek. I rolled over to face him. “What time is it?” I asked.

“Eight.” He answered. Great. I was going to have to wear the same outfit to work as I did yesterday. I laughed. Last night was amazing. I sat up criss cross applesauce, while Nick got out of bed. “I can drop you off at the courts on my way to Kettler, but I have to leave from there to the airport.”

“Its fine.” I can get a ride home from one of the pros.” I answered. “I’ll skype you later tonight when you’re all settled in.”

“Yeah.” He said. “I’ll text you when I’m there.”

“Carmen, Brandi, and I are watching the game together.” I said. “We’re all becoming friends.”

“That’s great!” He said. “When Maria come back here, I have to get Alex to introduce you to her.”

“That would be cool.” I said. I was already in Pennsylvania when he started seriously dating her, and I never met her since he had avoided me when I moved back. I’m glad to be friends with him again. Nick and I had got ready to leave, had breakfast and left.