Status: **I originally posted this on hockeyfanfiction.com

A New Team

The Backstory

I thought back to my encounter with Alex earlier today. I made up an excuse about how I had to get something done for something at work tomorrow so I could get out of there as fast as I can. I knew that Alex wouldn’t say anything to Nicky about our conversation. He wouldn’t do that to me. Even though I had screwed it up a few years we used to be best friends.

We met when he first started playing for the Capitals, during his womanizing days. I wouldn’t let him in my pants and we became instant friends. We always went out together. I had so much fun with him. The best part was that we were never attracted to each other.

Everything changed when I moved to Pennsylvania for a month. I was going up to train there with an elite coach that lived there then play in a state tournament. I met a guy and made a really dumb decision to live there with him. Alex warned me against it and I didn’t listen. I should’ve. Alex knew the guy better than me. He probably still knows him better than me.

​I feel like if I told Nicky it was like a weird betrayal. I had dated a Penguin. Not just a Penguin, thier captain, Sidney Crosby. I knew that neither Sidney nor the other Penguins knew I had been out with Nicky, but they were going to play each other in the next round of the playoffs. I knew their rivalry was a pretty rough one. I knew that Sidney was pissed at me for just leaving him. If he and his team figured out would they take it out on the team? Would they take it out on Nicky?