Status: **I originally posted this on hockeyfanfiction.com

A New Team

Tennis Lessons

I pulled into the parking lot of the tennis courts today in a super great mood for two reasons. Number one, I was Nicklas Backstrom’s girlfriend. And number two, the Caps just won game two against the Penguins and the boys were on their way home. Even though they had lost game one they came out twice as strong and pulled out the win.

“What’s up pup?” asked Ken when I walked in. He was so weird, but he made work fun. “You look very happy today?”

“The Caps won last night.” I answered. “What’s with you and all the hockey lovin’ these days?” He asked. “Are you trying to impress a guy?”

“No.” I answered. “I already took care of that. I’m dating a player.” I flashed him a smile.

“Wait really?” He asked. “Can he introduce me to Alex Ovechkin. You know I never got to meet him when he played here.” I rolled my eyes.

“No.” I answered. “Let’s teach some tennis!”

..................................................................

After the lesson I went to check my phone. This time I remembered to text Nicky after the games. A “you played so well” after the win and a “you still played well” after the loss. I had a new text from Nicky.

Can we do something today?

I promised I would babysit Kinley today while Michael took his wife, Cameron, on a day trip to Annapolis for their anniversary. I answered NIck’s text.

I’m babysitting Kinley today. You can come over around two after she gets here.

I gathered all of my stuff and put my racket in my bag. Then my phone buzzed.

I’ll be there.

​Good. I was going to have company today to help with the baby. I was excited to see Nicky. He asked me to be his girlfriend then had to go away for three days. I hopped in the car and drove home to baby proof my apartment and get ready for Nicky.