Status: Finished 10/20/11.

Perfectly Messed Up

Surrounded By New Things

A month has passed since Pierre since has come home and things are different. I'm not sure as too why; maybe, it's because Sheena and I aren't sleeping over at each other's apartments. Nothing bad has really happened lately either, which is a big plus. The guys are working on some new material, which I'm entirely excited about. There's just one thing that is off and that's my period; I'm scared that I'm pregnant. I'm only 22 years old and I'm not married, let alone engaged. All I've been thinking about is Pierre and how he would take it, if I was. I'm pretty sure that he'd be so happy about it, but still...I can't help but think of all of the negatives. I knew that I had to call Sheena before I did anything. I walked up into our room, far away from Pierre, so he wouldn't hear my conversation.

"Hello?" she asked.

"Hey Sheena." I sighed.

"You sound upset. What's going on, hun?"

"Don't freak out or anything, but I might be pregnant."

She was silent for a second.

"Oh my God! Awesome!"

"Don't get too excited. I said, I might be."

"Ok. Sorry. Why do you think that?"

"I haven't had my period in a week and you know that mine is always on time."

"Do you want me to go to the store with you?"

"Yes. It'd make me feel a lot better. I'm scared shitless."

"Skyla, you'll be fine."

"I hope so."

"I'll be over in ten minutes."

"Ok. Bye."

"Bye."

I hung up the phone and rubbed my eyes. I felt so many emotions at once that it was overwhelming. The time between hanging up with Sheena and waiting for her to pick me up seemed to drag on. It was driving me crazy, to say the least.

"Pierre, I'm leaving. I'll be back in an hour at the most!" I said as Sheena pulled up.

"Ok. I love you!"

"I love you too!"

I shut the door and quickly got into her car. The drive to Rite Aid, was making my heart pound.

"Skyla, are you okay?"

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine."

"You don't look fine."

"I'm still scared." I cried.

"I'd hug you, but I can't. Just stay strong."

By the time we got there, I was shaking. Luckily, Sheena helped me calm down a little bit. There were so many tests in the store that it was making it hard to choose. What was the best kind? We picked the three best ones, payed for them and headed back to her and David's apartment. David, though, at the time, had obviously gone to one of the guys' apartment. I went straight to the bathroom, did what I had to do and invited Sheena in to wait with me for a whole five minutes which felt like a lifetime. I leaned against her and tried to calm down. Once those minutes passed, I looked at each test very carefully. All three said the same thing: I was pregnant. I began to bawl.

"I'm pregnant." I managed to choke out.

Sheena just hugged me and I hugged back. I was feeling better already.

"I can't believe that I'm going to be a mother. I'm speechless."

A smile crept upon my face.

"Can I be the godmother?" she asked excitedly.

"Of course! You're my best friend. I wouldn't want anyone else to be the godmother!"

She cheered.

"I need to tell Pierre! I can't wait."

"Ok. Let's go."

It didn't take long to get over there.

"Call me later, ok?" she asked.

"Ok. See ya."

"See ya."

And with that she drove off and I went inside the apartment. I found Pierre to be in the bathroom, so I just waited on the bed and watched some tv until he was done. When he came out, he was wrapped in a towel and I blushed.

"Hey, good looking." I said.

"Hey, when did you get back?"

"Just a few minutes ago."

"Where did you go, if you don't mind me asking?" he asked as he got dressed.

"I was kinda hanging out with Sheena and stuff."

"Kinda hanging out and stuff?"

"Well, that's the thing I wanted to talk to you about. Could you sit down?"

"Yeah, sure. What is it?"

"I called Sheena and told her to take me to Rite Aid. I bought three pregnancy tests."

I looked up at him. He was listening intently.

"Pierre, I'm pregnant."

I looked up again. He just hugged me.

"Wow. This is so sudden. I can't believe that I'm going to be a father!"

"Believe it. I'm still trying to grasp the fact that I'm going to be a mother. I'm so young."

"You're gonna be a great mom, just remember that." he said, kissing my forehead.

"I know and just to let you know, Sheena's the godmother. She asked me immediately after I told her I was pregnant."

"That's Sheena, for ya."

We both laughed. Who knows how long we laid there, thinking about us becoming parents, the baby, was the baby going to be a girl or a boy, etc.
I was secretly hoping for a girl, so badly, but either way, I'd be overjoyed.

"Skyla?"

"Yeah?"

"I love you."

"I love you too."

Later that day, around supper time, Pierre's phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Hey David."

"What's up?"

"Skyla's pregnant."

"What? Really?"

"Yeah, really. Just ask Skyla or Sheena."

He was embarrassed. I laughed. I fell asleep not too soon after. I awoke a couple hours later to my phone ringing.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Skyla!"

"Hey, what's up?"

"You know when David called Pierre?"

"Yeah?"

"I was there listening to the whole conversation. It was hilarious!"

"I was listening to it too. I got a good laugh out of it."

"He can be such a dum-dum sometimes."

I laughed at her choice of words.

"What are you laughing about?"

"Your choice of words."

"You know how I am."

"Yeah..."

"Anyways, how'd Pierre take it?"

"Very well. He hugged me and was pretty much speechless. He can't believe that he's going to be a father."

"Aww..that's so cute!!"

"I hate to cut you off, but I haven't eaten dinner yet and I'm famished."

"Oh, ok. Talk to you tomorrow, soon to be mom."

"Talk to you then, bye."

"Bye."

The rest of the night went well, ending with a good night's sleep, having pleasant dreams of becoming a mother and getting married.
♠ ♠ ♠
It may not be my best, but it just popped into my head last night and I just had to type it up.