Status: Finished 10/20/11.

Perfectly Messed Up

Being A Mom Is The Toughest Job Of All

Today, which is only a few days after I gave birth early to my first child, Charlotte, who is actually not underweight, like my doctor said she would be. She has beautiful brown eyes exactly like her father and my nose and lips, which is a perfect combination. I hope she's going to have my hair when she's older, but if she doesn't, that is fine. My lifestyle has changed again, obviously, but I have to admit that I am a bit scared, yet that's to be expected being such a young mother. Mother. Now, that title is going to take some getting used to, but that's okay, I love the title. I'm already tired as can be and it's only going to get worse from here on out. Once I was inside, I took my shoes off and headed to the couch with my daughter in my arms.

"Is there anything you need?" Pierre asked while placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Could you get me a glass of water, some diapers and a baby blanket please?"

"Of course. I'll be right back."

He kissed me on the cheek then left. I sighed and looked at her sleeping form. She was so peaceful and happy, which happened to bring a smile to my face. Before I even realized it, Pierre was sitting beside along with what I asked him to bring.

"Thanks."

"You're welcome."

I kissed his cheek.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you too."

"You have no idea how tired I am."

I leaned my head on his shoulder in exhaustion.

"Do you want me to take care of her while you nap? I don't mind."

"Not now, but maybe later."

"Ok. Just let me know."

"I will."

I took a swig of water and sat my water down, deciding to call my parents.

"I'm going to call my parents and tell them the good news."

"Ok."

I took out my phone and began to dial an oh so familiar number.

"Hello?"

"Hi mom."

"Hey honey, how are you and Pierre?"

"We couldn't be better. Our daughter was born a few days ago."

"How are you and the baby? Why didn't you call me sooner?"

"We're fine and I don't know. I guess I was so tired and everything that I just forgot. Sorry." I said with a laugh.

"Oh, that's fine. What's my granddaughter's name?"

"Charlotte Summer Bouvier."

"Aww... Don't forget to post pictures on Facebook."

"I won't forget. Don't worry."

"Ok. I love you honey."

"I love you too. Tell Dad I love him."

"I will. I'll talk to you later."

"Ok. Bye."

"Bye."

A few hours later, Pierre's phone rang as I was falling asleep.

Pierre's POV

"Hello?"

"Hey Pierre."

"Hi Mom."

"How is Skyla?"

"Really good. She gave birth a few days ago."

"How is she? How is the baby?"

"Skyla's fine and so is Charlotte Summer."

"Aww...that's a beautiful name."

"Yeah..."

"Are you two getting married?"

"Mom! I haven't asked her yet."

"Does this mean you bought a ring?"

"Yes."

I bought a gorgeous engagement ring a week ago, but I wanted to wait a few weeks to ask her, expecting her to give birth on time and we all know how that went. She screamed in my ear. How old was my mother again?

"I bought it a week ago. I was planning on ask her after she gave birth a month from now, but...I might ask her tonight."

"If you do and she says yes, which I know she will, you have to have both her parents and me and your dad have to come down to New York."

"Ok. I'll talk to Skyla about it."

"Ok. I'll talk to you later."

"Alright. Love you!"

"Love you, bye."

"Bye."

I hung up and glanced at Charlotte, who was beginning to wake up.

"Hi there, cutie."

She giggled.

"What do you think about me asking your mommy to marry me?"

She just smiled and blew bubbles.

"I'll take that as a yes."

More hours passed and now it was seven in the evening and Skyla was awake.

"How'd you sleep?" I asked.

"Wonderful. Um...who called earlier?"

"That was my mom wondering how you and I were. I told her you had the baby and you were both perfectly fine."

"Awesome. I can't wait to meet your mom, by the way."

Skyla's POV

He kissed me and I kissed him back just as hard.

"What was that for?"

"I can't kiss you?"

"Well, yeah, but that was harder than usual."

"Oh, sorry."

"That's okay. Is there something you want to tell me?"

I was confused and I was wondering what the hell was going on.

"Come with me and bring Charlotte."

We walked off into our bedroom with Charlotte and he sat me down on our bed, leaving me even more confused than before.

"Close your eyes."

"Open them."

"I was going to ask you a month from now after your expected date, but now that you gave birth three days ago, I couldn't find a better time to ask you." he said holding my left hand.

He pulled something out of his pocket and I was speechless when I finally saw what it was.

"Will you marry me?"

I couldn't believe it was happening; I was absolutely speechless and I was crying.
I nodded.

"Yes, yes! A million times yes!!"

He slipped it on and he came to my face and we kissed deeply. I stared at the ring in amazement, especially since it looked so expensive and it was gorgeous. In only a few days, I had become a young mother to a premature, beautiful daughter, but also I had become engaged to her father and the most wonderful man in the world.