Status: Finished 10/20/11.

Perfectly Messed Up

Broken Down

Skyla

The minute I stepped into the clinic, I sighed happily. I was at a place I loved to be and where no one could hurt me. The receptionist, also one of my best friends, greeted me. She was the only one who knew of the terrible things that have happened to me and could see right through me; today may or may not be a good day. Her name is Sheena, and she has short dark brown hair, has the greenest eyes, is 5'7, is my age and very optimistic. Not to mention, she doesn't follow the trends, loves the music I listen to and is a complete and utter sweetheart who I trust my life with.

"Hey, Skyla! What's up?" she asked cheerfully.

"Okay, I guess." I said plainly.

She squinted her eyes and looked at me.

"Skyla, what happened?"

See! I told you.

"I'll tell you later, alright?" I asked, pleading with her.

I really didn't want to talk about it right now in public. She gave up.

"We'll talk about it later today, but not any longer. Do you understand?"

"Yes. I understand!"

"Good."

"You know you can be such a pain sometimes, you know that?"

"Yes, but you know you are one too sometimes."

I nodded, not wanting to go any further. I just want to get to work.

"I'll see you at lunch okay?" she asked.

"Yep. See ya."

I went to the back of the clinic, where my room was. By the time lunch came, I was famished and ready to go over to the pizza place. After ordering four slices of pepperoni, two for me, and two for Sheena, I sat down across from her at the nearest booth.

"Are you ready to talk?" she asked.

I still didn't want to talk, but I had no other fucking choice.

"Sure." I said, defeated.

"What happened to you last night?

"I had a bad dream about the night that I was raped." I said quietly.

No one else needed to know about my problem. A tear ran down my face, and I glanced up at Sheena, who was about to wipe it when she went to the front to pick up our pizza.

"Sorry about that."

"Don't need to. Anyways, after I awoke from the nightmare, I went into the bathroom, angry and upset and hit the bathroom mirror till it shattered into a million shards, leaving me bleeding terribly. I also was a bit bruised, but that's it."

A waterfall of tears was going on, and I couldn't stop.

"Oh, sweetie."

She moved so she was sitting right beside me, comforting me as much as she could, until I stopped crying.

"Do you want me to stay over tonight?"

I shook my head.

"I'll be fine, but if I need anything at all, I promise that I will call you."

"Feeling any better?"

"Yep. Let's eat now. I'm starved!"

She smiled. I felt way better, but the pain remained. I just wanted the pain to go away.

Is that too much to ask for?

I wished there were good guys because I want and need someone to hold me and love me.

Later that Day

I was home and all relaxed, like a woman, such as me, should be. It was seven thirty when I decided to go out by myself for once. I decided to go out to the park, hoping for only positive things. You know, no creepy guys, no murderers, those kinds of things. I walked, bringing my pepper spray, cell phone and iPod since it was only ten minutes from my house. When I reached my destination, there was no one to bother me.

Thank God, I whispered to myself.

I chose my music, which was the self-titled album by Simple Plan. It's good music to help me chill and enjoy myself. I started to sing, When I'm Gone, one of a few songs which is very personal to me. Before I knew it I was on Your Love Is A Lie; it hit me the hardest. Hopefully, I won't cry while I'm listening and singing along. Within a minute, I saw a man walking and I didn't know whether I should've been scared or brave.

Pierre

As I began walking, I saw a woman singing something familiar and crying. I nearly rushed towards her to see if she was alright.

I found a note
With another name
You blow a kiss
But it just don't
Feel the same
'Cause I can feel
That you're gone

I can't bite my tongue
Forever while you try
To play it cool
You can hide
Behind your stories
But don't take me
For a fool

You can tell me that
There's nobody else
(But I feel it)
You can tell me
That you're home
By yourself (but I see it)
You can look into my eyes
And pretend all you want
But I know, I know
Your love is just a lie
Lie
It's nothing but a lie
Lie


I could feel her pain, and although it was similar, it was different; something else was there. She collapsed to her knees and cried, putting her head between her knees.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

She shook her head. I turned off her i-Pod. She looked up at me and smiled; I happily sighed because that was a good sign.

"What happened?"

"I don't wanna talk about it."

"Okay. I can deal with that. At the very least, what's your name?"

"Skyla."

"Pierre."

"It's nice to finally meet you."

"Thanks. It's a pleasure to meet you."

She tried her hardest not to blush, but she did. She stood up and sighed heavily. I put an arm around her shoulders. She wasn't nervous or scared, but she was still in a lot of pain and seemed to be a rebel yet broke easily under pressure.

"Do you wanna talk at my house or yours?" I asked.

"Uh... yours." she answered unsurely.

Hopefully, I could help her, along with myself.