Status: Finished 10/20/11.

Perfectly Messed Up

Absolutely Perfect

Time seemed to move fast we were now in Montreal for David and Sheena's wedding. It's been six weeks and Carly is ten months old and even cuter, which I didn't even know was possible. After we were inside the venue where the wedding was going to take place, I heard Sheena run to the closest restroom. Oh shit. I ran after her.

"Sheena?"

"Yeah?"

"What's wrong?"

"I'm not sure. I think I'm pregnant." she cried.

This was gonna be an interesting day. It'd be great news, but finding out on her wedding? That was a different story. Thank goodness that she doesn't have her make-up on.

"Oh my God. Do you want me to go out and get you some pregnancy tests?" I said concernedly.

"Now? I don't know."

"Honey, I think it'd be best if you knew now."

"Alright. That'd sounds like a good idea. What do you want me to say if people ask where you are?"

"Tell them that I forgot something at home."

"Okay. Thanks Skyla. I appreciate it."

"Don't mention it. You are my best friend after all. I'll be back as quickly as possible."

I dashed out to my car and drove as fast as I legally could. Once I picked up a few tests, I couldn't help but think of David's reaction. I knew that it was gonna be a great reaction for sure, just like when I told Pierre that I was pregnant.

"I'm back!" I said running into the bathroom where she was waiting for me.

"Thanks hun!"

"You're welcome. I bought three."

I handed them to her, she did each test and all we had to do was wait...ten minutes.

"What are we supposed to do till then?" she asked.

"Good question. May I come in there with you?"

She was in a huge stall.

"Of course."

The time seemed to pass faster than we thought it would and she looked at all three tests.
When she tried to speak, but nothing came out, I knew the result.

"I'm pregnant."

She hugged me immediately.

"I don't know what to say. I'm happy obviously, but finding out on my wedding day? Wow." she said laughing toward the end.

I laughed.

"When do you think I should tell him?"

"At the reception, of course."

That's when I heard my phone ring of course.

"Where are you and Sheena?" my mom asked.

"Oh, we'll be right over. We're in the bathroom."

"Ok. See ya soon."

-click-

"Your mom?"

"Yep. Are we good?"

She nodded.

"Let's go."

When we got back to our changing room, my mom was there with Carly.

"Hi Mom."

"Hi honey."

"And hi to you Miss Carly."

She reached out to me; my mom handed her over.

"Did you miss me sweetie?"

She started making random noises. Everyone laughed.

"You are a cutie."

"Hi my other daughter."

"Hi Mom." she said with a laugh and hugging her.

"So, how are you on your wedding day?" she asked cheerfully.

"Good. Really good actually." she answered a bit too excitedly.

"That sounds more like ecstatic."

"Yeah...you're right. Well, I just found out something. Skyla already knows. I'm pregnant."

My mom was speechless.

"Oh honey! That's fantastic! Congrats!' she said giving her a tight hug.

"Thank you!"

"So, when are you gonna tell David?"

"I was planning on telling him during the reception." she said with a huge smile on her face.

"Great. By the way, where's your mother?"

"She should be here any minute. You know how she is."

Her mother wasn't like my mother at all. I mean, she isn't a bad mother. She has a Type A personality and is a bit crazy, I guess you could say, but she's a great mother. As I was doing her make-up, the door opened; it was her mom.

"Hi sweetie!" she exclaimed and extending her arms out.

"Mom! I missed you!" Sheena responded, hugging her tightly.

"I missed you too."

"Can I tell you something? I know you just got there, but...."

"Of course. What is it?"

"I'm pregnant. I only found out minutes ago."

"That's great! When are you gonna let him know?"

"At the reception."

She happily nodded.

"Alright ladies, are we ready to get beautified?" I asked.

"Yeah!" they said in unison while trying to not laugh.

Within a few hours, my mom, Sheena's mom, Sheena and I were all dressed up and ready for the wedding. Sheena looked breathtaking; her dress was so different than mine, but it was just as beautiful.

"David is gonna be all over you, you do know that?" I told her.

"Yes. Yes, I do."

We were interrupted by a knock on the door.

"May I come in?"

It was Sheena's dad. He's a pretty laid-back, funny guy and is really good friends with my dad. I'm kinda surprised about how well her parents get along with each other, considering how they're polar opposites; I guess it's true what they say, opposites attract.

"You can come in, Dad!"

"Hi Daddy!"

"Hi honey!"

"How are you today?"

"Well, great obviously. My little girl is getting married." he said giving her kiss on a cheek.

"And your little girl found out today that she's gonna have a baby."

"That's fantastic!"

"Thanks. I can't wait to tell David after the wedding."

"He's gonna be beyond thrilled. I just know it."

Minutes later, it was almost time for Sheena to walk down the aisle.

"This is such a strange feeling. I don't know how to describe it."

"I felt the same way. It's crazy, I know."

She smiled.

"I'm so ready."

"I'll see you very soon then."

I hugged her and went to head down the aisle.

Sheena's POV

This was it. I'm going to walk down the aisle and marry the love of my life. I never thought I'd see this day come so soon. I met him at Panera Bread over a year ago and I've been with him exactly as long as Skyla's been with Pierre. It's so strange, but I love it. I absolutely love it. I cannot wait.

"Are you ready, honey?" my dad asked.

"I''m definitely ready. Let's go."

The moment I saw him, I lost my breath for a brief second. Our eyes connected and I couldn't stop smiling. Once I got down the aisle, I let go of my father's hand and kissed him on his cheek.

"Hi." I mouthed.

"Hi." he mouthed back.

"We are gathered here today to join David Philippe Desrosiers and Sheena Lee Anderson in holy matrimony..."

My heart was racing like a motherfucker.

"Would the groom like to recite his vows?"

"It seems that it was only I met you at Panera Bread with my friends and your best friend. You caught my eye almost immediately and we were together in a matter of minutes. You're immature like me, random and a very caring person. You couldn't be a better person or a better woman. It may have been just over a year since we've been together, but I love you like crazy. I cannot wait to spend the rest of my life with you."

"Would the bride like to recite her vows?"

"Time has seemed to move so fast that I can't believe we're getting married today. As soon as I saw you that day, I was attracted to you. I never thought we'd be together that fast. It's crazy. You're so silly and I love that about you, but you are such a wonderful human being; I don't know what I'd do without you. I love you oh so much. I cannot wait to spend the rest of my life with you."

"...by the power vested in me, I pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride."

He smirked and I let out a giggle. The kiss seemed to last forever, but unfortunately, it didn't.

"I now bring you, Mr. and Mrs. David Desrosiers!"

Then, came a chorus of cheers as we made our down the aisle. As I walked back into the changing room, I got a huge hug from Skyla.

"Oh honey, that wedding couldn't have gone better! It was beautiful."

"Thank you Skyla."

Her mom came in with tears in her eyes as we pulled apart.

"Oh Mom..." she said laughing.

She gave her a tight hug.

"I love you." she said.

"I love you too."

"That was the perfect wedding."

"Thanks Mom."

After we changed, we headed to the reception and I was reunited with David. He gave me a huge kiss.

"Mmm...you taste so good." he said.

"Thank you. I love your kisses."

"My pleasure."

I laughed.

Minutes later, we were at the huge table and Pierre was about to make his speech.

"Sheena, David. You two are such a strange couple, but you complete each other. You're both immature, crazy and random but you love each other so much, it's insane. I'm so glad you guys are together.

Everyone got a kick out of that.

"Sheena. David was happy before he met you, but he wasn't as nearly as happy when he met you. He's had his heart broken a few times, but when he met you, he was back to his old self; the crazy mother-fucker that I became friends with and play music with for a living.
You're a great person and are just what he needs. I'm proud to call you my sister-in-law. Congrats! Cheers!"

Glasses clinked, then Skyla came up on stage.

"David, Sheena. I knew you two were perfect for each other, the very second you two met. As silly as you guys are, you care for each other and you deserve one other.

"David. Sheena was hurt when she met you. She may have had a smile on her face, but inside, she was in pain. Her eyes lit up when she saw you and when you two finally spoke to one another, I had a great feeling about you two being together. Thanks for bringing a genuine smile back to her face. You couldn't be a better person. I'm proud to call you my brother-in-law. Congrats! Cheers!"

Only a few minutes later, I decided to tell David the big news.

"I need to tell you something." I said with a smile.

"What is it?"

"I'm pregnant."

He embraced me immediately. I teared up.

"When did you find out?"

"Today. When I got here, I headed to the bathroom feeling sick. Skyla arrived in no time and bought me a few tests after she offered to. So, yeah. Just today."

"That's fantastic."

"Tell me about it." I said laughing.

When the time came for our first dance, I had no idea what is going to be, until Skyla was up on the stage.

"I was asked by a certain close friend of David's to play this song. Here it is, Mr. and Mrs. Desrosiers."

I had no idea when he chose to play. A few seconds in, I knew what it was. A Twist In My Story by Secondhand Serenade.

Slow down, the world isn't watching us break down
It's safe to say we are alone now, we're alone now
Not a whisper, the only noise is the receiver
I'm counting the seconds until you break the silence
So please just break the silence

The whispers turn to shouting
The shouting turns to tears
Your tears turn into laughter
And it takes away our fears

So you see, this world doesn't matter to me
I'll give up all I had just to breathe
The same air as you till the day that I die
I can't take my eyes off of you

And I'm longing, for words to describe how I'm feeling
I'm feeling inspired
My world just flip turned upside down
It turns around, say what's that sound
It's my heart beat, it's getting much louder
My heart beat, is stronger than ever
I'm feeling so alive, I'm feeling so alive

My whispers turn to shouting
The shouting turns to tears
Your tears turn into laughter
And it takes away our fears

So you see, this world doesn't matter to me
I'll give up all I had just to breathe
The same air as you till the day that I die
I can't take my eyes off of you

I'm finally waking up, a twist in my story
It's time I open up, and let your love right through me
I'm finally waking up, a twist in my story
It's time I open up, and let your love right through me
That's what you get
When you see your life in someone else's eyes
That's what you get, that's what you get

So you see, this world doesn't matter to me
I'll give up all I had just to breathe
The same air as you till the day that I die
I can't take my eyes off of you
This world doesn't matter to me
I'll give up all I had just to breathe
The same air as you till the day that I die
I can't take my eyes off of you


"I love you. You know that?" I said.

"Yes and I love you too." he replied as we began dancing.

Nine Months Later-Skyla's POV

Pierre and the rest of Simple Plan and me were in the hospital in the waiting room for the arrival of David and Sheena's baby boy. Yep. You heard right. They were having a boy. David was ecstatic and Sheena was even crazier. They had been in the delivery room for several hours and now, it was three in the morning and I was falling asleep against Pierre's shoulder. Carly was being baby-sat by Sheena's parents who flew in yesterday just hours before she went into labor. A doctor came out into the waiting room to tell us the news an hour later.

"It's a boy!"

We all cheered.

"May we come in?" I asked quietly.

"Yes. Come in you guys."

She was holding a sleeping baby boy.

"What's his name?"

"Shawn David Desrosiers."

Aww...he had his father's name as his middle name.

"May I hold him?"

"Of course."

"Hi there, cutie. I'm your Aunt Skyla. You are going to be spoiled rotten."

Everyone laughed.

From the time I met Pierre to now, I couldn't even imagine how amazing things would get. I'm married, I have a 19 month-old-daughter, David and Sheena are married and had a beautiful baby boy early this morning. Things went from being messed up to absolutely perfect and I could not ask for more.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm gonna miss this and hope everyone has enjoyed this. I'm so glad I have finally finished it.

Sheena's Bridesmaids