‹ Prequel: Colour Me Slytherin
Status: Updating every other day (preferably daily)

Call Me Professor

The Contestants

Beside the infuriating blonde stood a man who was heavily scarred. No doubt, he was the Defence Against the Dark Arts Professor.

You walked towards the Canadian crew, “Tom.” you smirked, had all your old school friends become professors? “Defence Against the Dark Arts?” you asked, getting a nod and cheeky grin in return.

“How about you?” he asked, looking between you and Draco, “although, if Malfoy was Professor, it’d just be Dark Arts, wouldn’t it?” Tom joked, but no one laughed.

“He’s Potions Master…. I’m the Defence Against the Dark Arts Professor.” you shrugged, acting as if it was nothing. So far, you had managed to ignore the woman muttering angry ‘oh my god’s’ under her breath. “And I suppose that’s your Potions Master?” you asked, jerking your head roughly to the side, still not looking at her.

Tom nodded, “Yeah, Lily always did really well in Potions.”

All you managed to say was a ‘heh’ before you turned your attention to the Headmistress.

“It appears that you have all arrived here safely. I invite you all into our castle for the warmth, and a meal that await you.” Her voice was magically enhanced so everyone across the grounds of Hogwarts could hear her.

The students of Hogwarts stayed where they were, as the other schools started to head towards the great oak doors leading into the castle.

Your eyes narrowed at Lily as she passed, hatred obvious in your features. If you hadn’t been turning to face your own team, you wouldn’t have noticed it. A thick fog started to descend upon the grounds of Hogwarts from the Forbidden Forest. You put your arm out to keep others from stepping forward to investigate what was happening. “Stay here.” you said quietly to your own team, and drew your wand.

Draco drew the attention of the Headmistress, and stepped forward with her to join Alice. Something was wrong, he could feel it deep in his bones.

“Nebel lichteten…” you murmured under your breath, causing the fog to clear a bit, but not enough to see what was coming. You saw Minerva McGonagall and Draco Malfoy by your sides. “The students should get inside…” you said quietly, unsure of what was about to happen.

“I’ll leave this to you two, then.” McGonagall said, backing away. She was sure you and Draco could handle whatever was coming. She ushered everyone inside the building, casting protective enchantments over the doors so whatever was coming, would not be able to get into the school easily. She did not go join her students within the protective walls of the schools, she stayed with her two young professors, for if they were to fall to whatever was coming, she would be the last defence before the students.

The tension in the air was thick as time passed by slowly. Whatever had caused the fog, seemingly wanted to stay in the forest.

You had just remembered something. Bringing your hand towards your mouth you let out a loud whistle, “Verve!” you called, watching the fog for any disturbances. Nothing seemed to happen, and now both yourself and Draco were searching the fog for the unicorn.

The three teachers stood in the grounds, watching the fog. It seemed like forever, and they were just about to dismiss it as a coincidence, until something emerged from the mist, with a Unicorn shackled to the side of what appeared to be a man.

“It appears that ve have arrived late for this tournament.” two men stepped out of the forest, followed by a team of seven students. The man whom had spoken pulled harshly on a chain, getting a pain filled noise from the Unicorn, who’s neck was bleeding from the sharp metal around it’s neck.

“Verve….” you muttered under your breath, recognizing the Unicorn almost immediately. “Release the Unicorn.” you demanded, taking a step forward.

“Ve have caught it in this forest, it is ours.” the other man’s voice sounded rough through his Russian accent.

“That Unicorn belongs to me, now release her, or I will take her by force.” you snarled back. You watched as the men made no movements to free the Unicorn, so you took the matter into your own hands. Silently you pointed your wand at the chain around the Unicorn’s neck, and muttered “Diffindo.” under your breath.

The chain broke and fell away from the Unicorn, who trotted quickly over to you, nuzzling your shoulder, but standing behind you.

“We von that prize!” the other professor roared in outrage, taking a menacing step towards you, while his students stood behind him, shifting uncomfortably.

“Verve is not a prize to be won.” your voice was low, your wand raised, and your other hand hovering over your hidden silver dagger.

Draco also had his wand raised, these Russians reminded him of Karkaroff and his lot, back when the Tri-Wizard tournament was held at Hogwarts. “Perhaps, we should settle this during the tournament.” Draco suggested, holding his gaze steady with the two Russian Professors.

McGonagall stepped forward, “I was under the impression you would not be competing Aleksandr.”

“Ve have changed our minds.” the man addressed as Aleksandr stepped forward, greeting McGonagall.

“Very well then.” she said, trying to sound calm, but there was a hint of annoyance in her voice. “We shall prepare a room for you and your students.” She cast a weary glance towards the other man still glaring at Alice, “I trust you will keep your Potions Master restrained.” McGonagall added, obviously not trusting the man standing back a few feet.

“Feliks vill not harm any of your staff or students. He vill behave himself vhile he is here.” Aleksandr said roughly, shooting a look to the Potions Master whom was revealed as Feliks.

You kept your eyes trained on the man named Feliks. During your time as a bounty hunter, you learned who you could and could not trust. It was obvious to you that Feliks could not be trusted, but you kept getting the feeling that Aleksandr should not be trusted either, no matter how good of terms he was on with the Headmistress.

***

The rain that had started shortly after the last few members of the Tournament arrived, was now pounding upon the stain glassed windows of the Great Hall. There was much excitement in the air, but there was also a great deal of tension. No one knew what was going to happen in the tournament, but if teachers were involved, then it was obviously going to be something dangerous. Or else it would just be like the Tri-Wizard Tournament all over again.

The chatter amongst the students seemed to die down as they all ate their fill, and started disappearing towards their houses. Only the students and professors from other schools stayed in the Great Hall.

“Professor Smat will lead Seth and his team to their rooms, while Professor Malfoy will lead Tom and his team to theirs. I will lead you to yours, Aleksandr.” McGonagall spoke clearly to those who remained in the Great Hall after the Hogwarts students had left to either finish their homework for the night, or go to bed.

“Alright, let’s go.” You said standing, and leading Seth and his team out of the Great Hall. The moments passed silently as the group behind you, except for Seth, looked around almost in awe, of the school.

“So, how have you been?” Seth asked, walking by your side. You hadn’t seen him since the battle three years ago.

You shrugged, “As good as I can be, I guess.” you responded lazily, leading them down a flight of stairs. “How about you?”

Seth shrugged, “about the same I guess….” he smirked at you a little bit.

Both Seth and yourself turned when a student stopped and pointed at a line of crests on the wall near the oak doors leading towards the grounds. Unknown to Seth, you were fluent in Korean.

“What is that for?” the student asked, her Korean was rapid with excitment. She looked like she would be in her fourth year, and had probably never been outside of her own school before.

“Ah…” Seth looked up at the crest that bared your name, which was beside a crest with his own name. “The people that fought in the grounds of Hogwarts when Voldemort returned are honoured here. Only three of us survived.” he explained, casting a look towards the crest that was on the other side of yours, bearing Tom’s name.

“You, that Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher from the boat, and that woman all survived…. Does that mean that the other two are really skilled?” another student of Seth’s asked, shooting a look at you, seemingly implying that you looked like you would be easily beaten.

Seth smirked slightly, “We were on equal levels back in school. Things may be very different now.” he turned to you, to see you smirking slightly. He was confused for a moment, it looked like you knew what they were talking about, but there was no way you possibly could, unless you became fluent in Korean.

“I’m much more skilled now, than I was then.” you responded smoothly, your Korean flawless.

Seth and the rest of his students, along with their Potions Master stared at you dumbstruck. None of them were aware that you could understand them all perfectly well.

The rest of the walk towards Seth, and his teams quarters went by silently. Although the students gawked at the many medieval style decorations, and another wall of crests in the corridors, they did not stop to ask questions in fear that this Alice woman would listen in to their conversation.

“This will be where you all are staying.” you said, coming to a halt in front of a large portrait of a man that appeared to be a king, surrounded by guards. “I will leave it up to you to decide your password…. Good night.” you left the Korean team standing where they were, heads together as they all decided on a password they could use with ease.

Stretching your arms above your head, you yawned and casted a look towards Hagrids’ hut, where Verve was hovering around the grounds between the forest and the hut. You decided it was best for her to be left with Hagrid while those Russians were around, there was no doubt in your mind that, if given the chance, they would try to steal Verve.

You let your thoughts wander as you walked the corridors silently back towards your quarters. Climbing into your bed, you stared at the ceiling, tomorrow you would be given the information for the first task. The last thing you remember thinking before you closed your eyes were not about the tasks that faced you, or the competition that were now probably asleep or plotting in their designated area’s. No, your mind had drifted to a particular man, one with storm coloured eyes, and nearly white hair. The man who was your partner for this tournament. A Professor named Draco Malfoy.