Status: Updates are whenever I have time

This Love Was Out of Control

Clover

Vic POV

I woke up feeling refreshed and ready to face the day. I sat up, hitting my head on the bunk, “Shit!” I climbed out of bed, rubbing my forehead with the palm of my hand, putting my song underneath my pillow, like a little girl hiding her diary. I walked into the front of the bus to see everyone ready to get off the bus and explore wherever we were at for the day and night.

“Where are we?” I asked aloud, not caring who answered my question as long as it was answered.

“Los Vegas, last of five concerts before we go home for two months.” Mike answered me with a smile on his face. Sin City, one of Mike’s favorite places to be, besides home in San Diego. I felt a smile come on my face as I realized, I was happy. For the first time in months, I was happy since Rita left me alone. I was happy to be touring and spending time with my band and crew. I was happy to be doing what I loved. But then something Mike said caught up in my mind. Home, home for me was where the heart was and even though I’m happy, my heart is still with Rita, wherever she is now.

“Alright let me get dress and we can go.” I told everybody before walking to the bunk area and going through my suitcase for a pair of shorts and a t-shirt and socks. I went through my routine before walking to the front room and saw everybody waiting for me. ‘Let’s go!” I said walking out of the door before everyone else did.

Everybody followed behind me and the first thing we did was head to a bar and casino, it was only 12:30 but I was sure it was 5 o’clock somewhere in the world. “Can I get beer?” I asked the bar tender, after I sat at the bar. I didn’t want to get drunk tonight, I just wanted to go out and drink for a bit before playing a little cards and using the slot machines a couple of times.

Meanwhile, the rest of the band and crew ended up who knows where. I looked around and saw Tony and Jaime playing Craps, and I saw Johnny playing a game of what looked like Blackjack, and I saw Casey walking towards the back, where the tables and poker tables were. I think Mike was already back there and waiting on Casey to come back there.

“Here you go,” the bar tender said to me, sitting my bee down in front of me and smiling at me. I gave her a smile in thanks and a nod, before turning on my bar stool to examine the room. A couple of months ago and I would’ve been at the poker tables with Rita and Mike, watching them clean up the tables but now I was sitting at the bar thinking of how depressing my life was.

“Hey drink up,” the bar tender told me as she sat a shot glass of tequila in front of me. I raised an eyebrow at her; staring at the glass as if it was a foreign object I knew nothing about. “You looked down and sad. Thought this would help numb you for a while. I’m Clover, by the way,” the bar tender, Clover, told me as I sat, still staring at the glass. In reality, I was wondering whether to drink it or not, I didn’t want to because once I had one I’d want at least three to four more before quitting.

“No thanks, just beers,” I told Clover, pushing the tequila towards her, nodding at her to drink it. “You have it, on me. You look like you need it too,” I told her, she really did look as if she needed it more than I did.

“Thanks,” Clover told me, throwing back the tequila in one gulp before wiping her lips. “Bad break up or something?” Clover asked me.

I nodded, mumbling, “Bad break up. What about you? Decided your life was going nowhere fast and wanted to work in a Los Vegas bar and casino?” I asked her, highly doubting that was her reason.

Clover shook her head no, and sighed, “Or something, for me. Moved away from my over-protective and over-demanding family. Got a job here a couple of years back and was stuck here ever since.” Clover told me and I nodded.

I looked around again and for the first time since Rita and I broke up, I found myself wishing for the simplicity of being at home with Rita watching movies and eating popcorn. I shook my head, getting rid of the thoughts. No need to wish for something that wasn’t in reach anymore. Doesn’t do well to dwell on dreams.

“Ah, classy establishment,” I told her and she gave me a half-smile. The casino wasn’t particularly busy but it wasn’t empty either, I don’t think people preferred to gamble this early in the day but we were rock stars, we break rules.

“Yeah I know. I have to get back to work but just wave ya’ hand and I’ll be over,” Clover told me before walking away. She stopped and turned back towards me before leaving. “Some people think bartenders just tend bars, but we see things. We see and learn enough in our times of bar tending that we could help with almost any problem. Becoming a bartender basically means having a philosophy degree and giving advice for free. We don’t spout bullshit; we call it as we see it. That’s it, that’s all.” Clover told me before leaving and not turning back.

I took that time to mull her words over in my head. In ways Clover was right and in others I don’t know if she could help, mainly because I don’t know what went wrong between Rita and I, Either way, Rita and I were done, there was nothing that I could do about it and I couldn’t have a bartender analyze it because I don’t know what the hell went wrong between us.

My life was screwed three thousand ways.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey! So I figured I would update all of my stories today before going into the New Year's. Reason why? This is my Christmas/New Year's present to you! Besides I felt really lazy not writing anything when I had literally nothing to do today. So enjoy! XD