Status: A Work In Progress

Amnesia

Into the Game

“Ah man, Teasley, I’m beat. Can we play Amnesia another night?” I groaned loudly at my best friend’s request.

“Oh come on! I've stocked up on all sorts of energy drinks, snacks and nightlight light bulbs! It’ll be fun and Coulson said that we've got three weeks of vacation time now, so why not?” Teasley pleaded with a hopeful grin on her face. I cursed, threw my hands into the air in defeat and followed her to her room so we could start up this game called Amnesia: the Dark Descent everyone had been raving about. Every review we’d read listed it as one of the scariest games and that’s what caught our attention.

“Fine, fine, fine, alright, alright, let me go change into pajama’s after a shower and I’ll be down to your room.” I groaned, throwing my hands up into the air in frustration. Teasley cheered loudly and raced off to her room to get things ready while I trudged down the hallway to my room. Thirty minutes later, Teasley and I were putting on the virtual reality glasses Tony invented and started the game up, shivering slightly as the room became the castle. I let out a shocked gasp as my vision blurred and I stumbled forward, wondering what the hell was going on as we heard our voices saying our names and telling us stuff I could barely remember as I passed out.

~*~*~

“Oh… ouch, what the hell was that? Did Tony modify the game so it was personalized for us? Because the reviews said we played as a dude named Daniel and that was our voices and our names and it was… it was personalized for us. That’s really creepy.” I said, looking hard at Teasley, who only shrugged in confusion.

“I guess he did modify it when he made it compatible with the VR system. Well... Let’s get moving. Um… I say we follow the trail of whatever this pink goop is.” Teasley replied and led the way as we followed the pink goop to a hallway where there were two suits of armor standing there.

“I hate corridors. And also? I hate suits of armor.” I grumbled, scowling slightly.

“Those fucking untrustable statues, look at ‘em! They’re just standing there being all untrustworthy and stuff. I say we take their heads off and throw them elsewhere.” Teasley replied, sounding just as annoyed as I did. We raced over to them and took their heads off, tossing them aside and high fived one another.

“Now which way do we go? There’s that big door right there and a doorway right there.” Teasley said, pointing at the huge double doors in front of us and the doorway next to us.

“Uh… let’s go this way cuz the pink goo leads this way.” I said, pointing ahead of us. We walked forward cautiously, yelping loudly when a gust of wind blew open the door that was a few feet in front of us. Teasley pushed me forward, clinging to my arm, and with a scowl, I marched over to the door and walked in, disappointed there wasn't really anything there.

“What’s that thing?” Teasley asked, pointing at the small cylinder on the table.

“Oh, never mind, it’s a tinderbox. Let’s grab it just in case we need it.” She continued after smacking her palm against her forehead. I laughed and put the tinderbox in the bag we had and I was surprised to see some of our snacks were in there too.

“Well if we get hungry, there’s snacks here we can eat. It’s not that huge freaking pile you had, but it’s some stuff. Think there’s drinks in here too, so we’ll be set for a while.” I said, closing the bag back up.

“Cool. Let’s explore the room a little more. There’s gotta be something else here if that goo led us here.” Teasley piped up and I agreed. We searched around, but nothing was left in the room, which was rather annoying since it wasted our time. It looked like it was time to head out and follow the goo to a different part of this castle and figure out what the hell was going on and what it was we were supposed to even do here.