Status: Completed.

Hotel California.

The Sixth Day.

Matt wasn't sure when he'd fallen asleep last night, but he didn't really care. It was sometime around four or five in the evening, the following day, when he'd woken up. Sheets messy, he sat straight up in bed; Sweat dripping down his face, fists clenched tightly together.

Had he had another nightmare? He couldn't recall.

But that was soon pushed aside - He had pieced together something about Lillian and maybe something about Evelyn, too. Thankful he was already dressed, Matt flew out of his room and down the stairs to Evelyn and Lillian's room. He knocked on the door and - With every fiber of his being - Prayed that Lillian would be the one to answer.

However, there was no answer - Not even a sound. He cocked his head to the side and knocked again. Still, nothing. Matt frowned and walked to the front desk.

"They both left a few hours ago," The receptionist answered,"I don't know when they'll be-"

Matt walked out the front doors and looked down the empty street.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Once again, Matt wasn't sure how long he'd been doing this - Standing outside as the sun went down. The faint rays hit a figure in the distance, casting a silhouette.

Evelyn.

No sign of Lillian.

A shudder ran through Matt's body as she approached him, her hair matted, her make up smeared, a busted lip, and small tear in her shirt. She grinned and put her hand on his cheek,"Don't worry. I'll wait for you. Lillian's almost out of the picture-"

He furrowed his brows together, ripping away from her touch,"What the fuck did you do to her?"

"I left her out to die somewhere," She shrugged nonchalantly,"A human, like yourself, isn't capable of walking such a distance, just so you know. So don't even try, unless you want to end up like her."

Matt growled and pushed past Evelyn, running the direction she'd just came.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Matt ran as far and as long as he could. But he grew tired. Exhausted beyond belief. He stopped in the middle of the barren road, doubled over, his hands on his knees. Panting heavily, sweat dripping down his face - Matt looked a mess. But he was too worried about Lillian. She couldn't be dying, could she? She's... She's an angel.

Matt pushed on, at the thought of her dying, forcing his legs to run the distance infront of him. However, he didn't need to run for long.

There, on the side of the road in the brush of nearly dead plants, laid Lillian. He sucked in a breathe and carried himself over to her, kneeling at her side,"Babydoll," He murmured as she sat up. She looked so broken. Her hair was everywhere - Dirt shimmied in it. Her face was cut up and bruised. Her clothes had small blood stains,"Jesus fucking Christ, I am so sorry I wasn't there for you... A-Are you okay?"

She nodded softly,"I'm fine," Lillian stood up and shakily brushed herself off,"You don't look too good, Matt. Come on." She grabbed his hand; Matt could feel the blood dripping from the cuts on her palm. Despite the pain and exhaustion he felt, he picked her up and carried her the long way back to the hotel, whispering sweet nothings in her ear the entire time.

The sun had completely gone down and the cold night was settling n when Matt and Lillian arrived at the hotel. Lillian had fallen asleep; Matt was dead on his feet.

At the front desk, the same receptionist was still there. Matt brought another room, and put it under his full name: Matthew Charles Sanders. He took Lillian up to the new room and laid her on the bed. She clutched his shirt tightly in her feeble, little hands,"Stay with me." Her voice finally came through, sounding charred and used.

Matt laid beside her,"I'm right here."

"I'm guessing you didn't think-"

"No," He interrupted her, already knowing what she was talking about it,"I did. It just... It breaks the rules of everything I've ever known."

"Just say it, Matt. I need to hear you say it."

Matt sighed and looked down at Lillian, meeting her worried eyes,"You're a... You're an angel."

She smiled softly, nodding,"And what's Evelyn?"

"The opposite... The devil?"

"You got the gist of it. She's a succubus," She rubbed his chest softly,"I'm so proud of you for understanding. You have no idea. Now, I can tell you your fate."

The tattooed man's eyes widened,"My fate? What did I do wrong? I-I love you, Lillian, believe it or not! I really do! Just hear me-"

And then, Matt felt a jolt surge through him. Lillian, even though she ached all over, forced herself to her feet and watched. Matt was frightened to his very core. He felt the tingles start from deep in his chest. They made their way throughout the rest of his body.

A few minutes later, his body parts felt numb - Just for a few quick seconds - Before another short, painful wave of tingles shot through his veins. Then, he felt nothing. He waited for something to happen, but nothing did. He grew timid.

"What happened?"

"You're just like me," Lillian smiled,"Blessed. Immortal. You're an angel, Matt, because you love me."