Status: Completed.

Hotel California.

Epilogue.

Four years after meeting and losing the love of his life at The Hotel California, Matt finally pushed himself to leave the comfort and privacy of his hom. Today, one of the hottest Saturday's in California's history, Matt found himself strolling along the beach with his three year old daughter, Emmy. A content sigh left his lips as she wrapped her small fingers around his giant index finger, trying to drag him into the water.

"Emmy, the waters too hot, babydo-" He stopped himself. He only called Lillian babydoll,"Babygirl," he corrected himself. Emmy looked up at him and frowned, making Matt sigh. He picked her up, setting her on his shoulders. Her hazel eyes shined brightly. Her shoulder length blonde hair hung pencil straight.

She was definitely Matt's daughter.

"Are we going to see mommy and Julian, today?" Emmy asked in a curious voice.

His ex-girlfriend and her brand new husband. Sure, Penelope was nothing compared to Lillian, but it'd been a long while the Hotel California thing. Matt had to attempt to move on, right? Penelope was great - Up until Matt started comparing her to Lillian. After Emmy came into the world, Penelope left Matt for Julian, and she'd never been happier. Matt, however, still had this small useless shred of hope that Lillian might still be out there.

"Daddy?! I said are we going to see mommy and J-"

"Yes, babygirl, we are. I'm sorry, I was dreaming."

She giggled,"Silly daddy!"

"Yeah. Daddy is silly, isn't he? Age must finally be catching up to me." He chuckled at his own inside joke.

"Daddy, are you old?"

Matt pursed his lips, thinking about it carefully,"I'm over eighty bajillion years old!" He grinned, deciding it'd be best to play along with the three year olds mind.

Her facial expression changed into one of shock, and Matt couldn't help but to laugh at his daughters face,"For real?!"

"Mhm, you're gonna be as old as I am, one day."

Deep down, Matt knew it wasn't true. He'd remain in his young twenty seven year old state while his poor little Emmy flew through the decades of her life. Matt briefly recalled crying himself to sleep over this fact. Not only was he lying to his daughter but he was lying to himself, as well.

The longer they walked, the more Matt thought.

What was the use of living forever if the one person who made you this way was gone? In Matt's eyes, there was no reason. After Emmy was gone, Matt was determined to go out, too.

"Daddy!"

"Hmm?"

"That girl's calling you!" Emmy pointed behind them. A woman in a plain white bikini was waving her arms, hollering words that Matt couldn't make out. They stopped walking and he squinted his eyes. The woman kept waving her arms as she continued to run towards him. Matt was entirely dumbfounded. Penelope had waist length strawberry blonde hair. This woman, however, had ash blonde hair that was tied up. As she got closer, Matt could see her bright blue eyes.

It was right then that Matt realized who it was, but was it really her? She'd vanished right infront of his eyes! Even the receptionist had said a Lillian had never checked in - Matt had thought he was delusional for the longest time.

"Matt!" The girl yelled.

"Daddy, answer her!," Emmy exclaimed,"Don't ignore her like you ignore mommy!" Matt shushed her quietly and set her down on her feet, readying himself to meet-

"Matt," She panted, finally reaching him. She threw her arms around him, hugging him tightly,"Oh my god," She choked on her words,"I missed you so much! I felt so wrong without you- I couldn't move on for anything! I was just so lost without you!"

He hugged her back tightly, kissing her forehead,"I can't believe it's you. I thought you were gone forever, Lill. I thought... I saw you practically disappear infront of my eyes."

"I'm here, baby," She smiled softly, cupping his face,"One hundred percent Lillian, right here."

"I love you, babydoll. I love you so much. I missed you - Jesus fucking Christ, I never stopped thinking about you, even for a second."

"Daddy, I thought you loved me!" Emmy interrupted.

Lillian pulled away and looked down at Matt's daughter, taking her appearance in fully. She looked like an exact replica of her father. Lillian knelt down infront of her,"Hi, sweetheart. I'm Lillian, you can call me Lilly. What's your name?"

"Emmy. How do you know my daddy?"

"He's just...," Lillian looked at Matt for a split second,"A really old friend of mine."

"Like your best friend?"

Lillian nodded but Matt cut in,"Actually, babygirl, she's not my best friend. Lilly is my new girl-wife."

"My new mommy?" Emmy asked, looking up at Matt. Lillian did the same. He'd just reminded her of the proposal at the hotel all those years ago... And he still wanted it? After all this time?

"Mommy's always going to be your mommy, Em. But Lilly's going to be living with us, now," Matt would have had to been stupid to pass up a chance to claim Lillian as his, again,"So get used to seeing her, okay?" Emmy nodded; Lillian got to her feet, smiling softly. He wrapped his arms around her tightly.

"So, what are you doing in Long Beach?" He asked.

"As of ten minutes ago? Enjoying my life with the man I love."

"Touche."

Lillian looked down at Emmy,"She's beautiful, Matt."

"And you're gorgeous."

A blushed painted her cheeks,"When did you conceive her? What age?"

"I was twenty three."

"I know you're worried about her. She'll become one of us when she's twenty three, the age you conceived her. So don't worry."

"How do you know all of this? About conceiving and so forth?"

She cleared her throat,"I was pregnant in my human form, and gave birth in my human form. I thought my son would be like me, but no. I should've known better. I watched as he aged. I watched as he developed cancer. I watched as he died. I watched as he was cremated. I just had a feeling you were scared for her. Her mother might've been human, but your immortal chromosomes - Any immortal chromosomes - Overrule all human chromosomes, period."

"How long ago... Did you lose your son?"

"I was born in 1936, and I became this when I was twenty four, in the year 1960. Jayden Michael, my son, was born in 1953."

Matt did the math,"You were pregnant at seventeen?"

"Sixteen," Lillian corrected him,"I gave birth when I was seventeen. I was naive, young and in love - Or so I thought. Jayden's dad left in the middle of his fourth birthday party, right before we cut the cake. Never saw him again. When I became immortal, I searched all of Europe for him - That's where I was born. I made sure his death was as painful, long, and agonized as Jayden's fatherless childhood was. It was his fault that my baby boy was teased for having his dad walk out on him! Stupid motherf-" She cut herself off, remembering Emmy's presence,"Sorry, I tend to rant."

Matt smiled softly in sympathy. He kissed Lillian's lips, missing the feeling,"We can have a baby boy ourselves, babydoll. As many as you want, okay? I promise."

"You have no idea how much that means to me, Matt. Honestly."

"I love you."

"I love you, too."

Emmy walked up to them and hugged the couple's legs tightly,"I love you, daddy."

Matt looked down at his daughter, eyes full of curious questions. She smiled up at him as he picked her up,"So... What happened?" He finally asked. She sighed softly, already knowing what he meant.

Lillian kept her eyes on Emmy as she spoke,"We were banished together. But angel can't be... You know... Damned - Sorry for my language, Emmy. So we had to stand before our creator, kind of like court. He read our necklaces," Matt's eyes flickered to the silver blood vile on her neck,"It's my human blood, just so you know. Anyways, he saw everything that happened. He saw that I didn't break the rules, so he sent me back into the world-"

"It's been four years, Lill. Where were you all that time?"

"Sweden... Around there. I had to find my way back here - I tried to hurry - But my creator kept calling me back, asking if I wanted to give him a reason to let Evelyn live. I procrastinated at first, but I couldn't handle the time away from you. So... I told him there wasn't a reason to let her live. He killed her and gave me a one way ticket to Sacramento. I hiked here, to Long Beach. Stopped at the hotel in hopes of finding you... But when I saw you were gone, I came back here."

Matt used his free arm to hug her waist tightly,"You've had a worse bout of four years than I did. I'm so sorry you had to go through that, but guess what? I'm here, now. So is Emmy, right Em?," The three year old nodded and smiled,"And Evelyn's gone, forever. It's just the three of us. For the rest of forever, okay? I prom-"

Lillian laughed and cut his rambling off,"I love you."

"I love you, too." He smiled softly.

And for the first time in a long time, he felt complete.
♠ ♠ ♠
SO, I SORT OF CAVED IN.
Bonus chapter coming up.
Then this story will OFFICIALLY be complete!