Status: New.

Hate Me, Love Me, Protect Me.

Shattered.

Zariah P.O.V

I sat on the bed in the hotel room., looking up apartments in town. I also looked up a small business area so I can set up a tattoo polar. I grabbed my yogurt covered cranberries and ate some. Soon I popped up facebook and looked at what was going on back in Colorado. I sighed and felt my baby kick. I smiled.

I woke up with someone pounded on my door. I tiredly got up and answered the door. Leland looked at me. "Hey are you okay?" He asked. "Why are you pounding on my door at ...um... 5:26?" I said looking at the clock. "Got asked to check up on you. Make sure you are okay." Leland said. "Yeah, just woke up from a nap." I said before yawning. "Okay, is there anything I can do to help you?" Leland asked. "Um is there any places in town, small, 2 to 3 bedrooms maybe?" I asked. "Yeah, Can I come in so we're not talking in the hallway?" He smiled. "Oh yeah, come inside. Sorry." I said stepping aside. Leland sat on the couch and I handed him my laptop. He typed for a second before i sat down next to him. "There is a two bedroom down by the beach. Then another one 7-11." Leland said. "Awesome. I'll go and check them out tomorrow. Thanks. Um do you want dinner?" I asked. "What's cooking? I mean I'm fine with anything" Leland said. I thought for a second. "Chinese, McDonalds, Sonic, or Al-Sup's burritos." I said. "Chinese sounds great." "Okay , my treat." I said, trying to get up. I finally gave up. "Here, I'll help you." Leland said standing up in front of me. He held out his hands and I put my hands in his. He pulled me up. "Awesome thank you!" I said.

Leland's P.O.V

"When did you start bounty hunting?" Zariah asked me. " A month after I turned 19. When did you start tattooing?" I asked, before taking a bite of sweetfire chicken breast. "I figured it out a year after I left. I opened my tattoo polar bout 2 years ago. Do you have any kids?" She asked. "Yeah two sons. Dakota and Cobie." I said watching her pushing her Honey Walnut shrimp around her plate. "Do you have any kids than the one your carring." I asked. She shook her head no. Her lips when in to a fine line and she sighed. "What's wrong?" I asked. "Leg cramps. That's all." She said.

I walked her back up to her hotel room. "I'll have someone come and check on you tomorrow, okay?" I asked. Her 5ft 2 inch frame stiffened up and she looked at me. "I don't need checking on Leland. I'm not a crazy teen ager anymore." She said. "Hey, Don't get definacive. Just want to make sure you're okay." I said. She muttered something under her breath and rolled her eyes. "Fine. Do what ever you think will be good for me." She said before shutting her door and locking it. "Goodnight?" I said scratching the back of my head.

Zaria's P.O.V.

"Since when do you care if I'm okay. Didn't stop you six years ago." I muttered under my breath. Who does he think he is? I'm not a kid. I don't need checking up on. Deciding not to agrue I just said "Fine. Do what ever you think will be good for me." I walked into my hotel room shutting the door on his face.

I was in the shower the next morning shaving my thighs and I had a mirror so I can see the back of my thigh. Some how I dropped the mirror and it shattered, There was glass everywhere. I couldnt move with out steping on it. I turned off the water and reached for my phone that was on the counter. Looking through my phone book I saw a number that wasn't there two days ago. Leland had put his number in my phone, with out me knowing. How the hell did he do that? I called his phone.
"Hello?"
"Hey Leland."
"Hey Zariah, What's up?"
"I gotta tell you something but you can't laugh."
"Okay, I promise."
"I was shaving my thighs and I had a mirror with me in the shower and the mirror kinda fell from my hand on to the shower floor and shattered. My shower is holding me captive."
"What do you mean that your shower is holding you captive?" Leland asked. I heard him trying not to laugh.
"There is glass all over my shower floor and I can not step to get out."
"On my way." He said before hanging up.

I stood wrapped up in my 5 foot by 5 feet towel wrapped around my body. Leland knocked on the door. "I got a call to help a 5 month pregnant woman." He said outside of the door. "Its safe to come in Leland." I said. Leland walked in and looked at my shower floor. "I'm gonna pick you up okay?" He said. "Okay." I said. He stood by the bathtub and put a arm by my knee and one in the middle of my back and picked me up as if I was nothing. He sat me down. "Thanks. I owe you one." I said. "Go get dressed, I'll clean this up." Leland said. "Okay."

Leland's P.O.V

When I saw Zariah in that towel I had make myself stop staring. I looked at the broken glass and saw that the only way I could get her out was by picking her up. I told her the plan and she agreed to it. I smiled to myself as I picked her up. "Go get dressed. I'll clean this up." I said. "Okay." She said unsure. I watched her walk out. Her hips still had that small sway to them. I got a broom and swept up the glass, putting it in the trash can. I glanced in the mirror and saw her in a white bra and blue with purple underwear. I watched before shaking my head and putting myself in check.

"Have you gone and seen your parents yet?" I asked her. She looked out the window of the hummer. "I haven't talked to them since the day before I left." I said. "You can always fix things" "I rather not fix this thing." She said softly. I put my hand on her thigh. "Zariah. They kept freaking out for years after you left. They went looking for you. They thought that something bad happened." "They never came and looked for me Leland. I wrote down where I was heading. I stayed there for 5 years Leland. So don't sit there and tell me they were worried. When clearly they didn't care as soon as I turned 15." Zariah said. "When did you figure that out?" I asked looking at her. "2 months after we lost our virginities." She said softly. I remember that month. We were 16 and was sex driven. She was scared that she was pregnant.
~Flash back~
I sat in my room. I was practicing my kick boxing. My dad was out on a bounty and Zariah was sitting on my bed. I took a break and stood between her legs. Her face was in deep thought. "Hey." I said softly. She looked up at me with tears in her eyes. "What's wrong?" I asked. "I...I haven't had my period for the past two months." She said softly. I didn't know what to say. I was shocked because I didn't think that it would happen. But I knew that all it took was one time with out a condom. "I'm sorry." She said before standing up and walking out of my room. I chased after her. "Zariah!..wait!" I said as she reached for the door. She turned and looked at me, tears running down her face. I wrapped her up in my arms. She cried in to my shoulder. "It will be okay, I'll make it okay. Baby I promise." I whispered in her ear. She shook her head. "My parents are going to kick me out. They're going to be totally pissed Leland." She said. "Hey, we don't even know for sure yet, just relax, okay?" I said. She nodded.

~End of Flashback.~

"Hello, earth to Leland?" She said. "I'm sorry, had a flashback." I said. "What about?" She asked. "What would have happened if you were pregnant and I asked you to marry me?" I asked. "I would have said yes. Was the flashback of that pregnancy scare?" She asked. "Yeah. Do you remember?" I asked. "Everyday." She whispered.
♠ ♠ ♠
I only own my own chacters.
Here is the set for this chapter.

http://www.polyvore.com/shattered/set?id=83618590