Black Winter.

You’ll never know what hit you

From the moment the mystery woman gave me word til now, I’ve been busting my ass making sure everything goes perfectly. I’ve set up my stage attack and even hacked into SHIELD’s database to make sure they were going to be back in New York. Everything is planned out; hopefully everything goes according to that plan. If things don’t turn out the way I want, I’m as good as dead.

I walk out of my room, placing my fake dogtags around my neck. In the living room, Dmitri stands there with a necklace dangling in in his hand, “who’s the present for?”

“For you.” He smiles as he walks up to me, dangling it in front of my face. A smile forms on my lips when I take the pendant in my fingers. It has a spider.

“Ironic, no?” I ask, looking up at me with a smile on my lips.

“Turn it around.” He tells me. Doing so, I see there is a Latin phrase on the back.

“Amor Fati.” I read aloud, “love of fate. Really?”

“I saw it fitting,” he explains, “you seem to hate the hand that was dealt with you. If you were dealt another hand, you wouldn’t be who you are today. You should love your fate, because fate loves you.”

“You’re wise beyond your years, you know that?” I ask him. He just smiles before leaning down and gently placing his lips onto mine.

He pulls away and smiles, “you ready Winter?”

“I should be asking you that.” I joke, “you’re the one that’s going to be chased around all over hell’s creation by SHIELD agents.”

“It’ll be worth it in the end.” He assures me, “now let’s get you ready. Curtain call is among us…”

Bucky

The trip back to New York was done in utter silence. Natasha keeps trying to talk to me, but I ignore her. More than 12 hours ago, I find out she kept a secret from me; a big one at that. A secret I can’t forgive her for keeping from me.

“You know you’re going to have to talk to me sooner or later, James.” Natasha states, breaking the silence as we pull into SHIELD’s parking garage.

“Later rather than sooner.” I mutter, glaring at the redhead beside me. “How could you have kept that secret from me? I thought Black Widows couldn’t even get pregnant?”

“I thought so too.” She mutters before stopping me in my tracks, “and I wanted to tell you but I knew things wouldn’t have been the same. We were already going downhill fast.”

“Where is she now?” I simply ask, “is she safe?”

“Last time I saw any information about her was 2 years ago,” Natasha begins, “she was a trouble maker in her orphanage; she was always getting into fights. I’ve been trying to find her but it seems all records of her have vanished.”

“You don’t think Ivan got a hold of her, do you?” I ask, dreading the answer.

Natasha is about to open her mouth to reply but is cut off by a shrill screaming coming from outside. Both of us exchange a look before we take off running towards the screams. We get out onto the streets and see a girl cowering in free has a bunch of men wearing black come at her with guns. The one removes his hood and I instantly recognize him. He’s Ivan’s nephew.

“Leave her alone, Ivan!” Natasha yells, obviously recognizing him too. “This girl has nothing to do with you.”

“You don’t know who she is, do you?” He smirks, “I thought you would be able to recognize one of your own.” Natasha and I both take a look at the terrified girl. She looks up at me with pleading eyes. By this time, more SHIELD agents come running out, giving their attention to the armed men. Natasha goes off with Clint, chasing Ivan in attempts to gun him down.. I slowly walk over to the girl, trying not to scare her.

She winces when I kneel down in front of her, “are you ok?” She just simply nods her head, distrust is written in her blue eyes. “I’m not going to hurt you, I’m one of the good guys here.”

“I was told that there is a group of people that can help me.” She squeaks out, “that’s why I came to this city. I know so much information, too much information depending on who you ask.”

“You know about the plans Ivan has for Black Winter and Red Dawn?” I ask, earning a nod from her. “Will you come with me then?” I ask holding out my hand. She looks warily at it. “You’re not in trouble, I promise.” I assure her, “we’re going to make sure you stay safe…”

**Anastasyia**

After they allow me to clean up, I meet with everyone in a huge conference room. Some of the people I recognize; Director Fury being one of them. During the whole time I was talking to the room full of people, Fury’s eye never left me. I mean he’s the king of all spies, he would to be able to tell when there is a spy in the room. If I can fool him, I’m better at acting than I think I am.

“You’re willing to help us, but what’s the cost?” Fury asks me when I’m done speaking. “What price do you have for all this information?”

“Keep me safe.” I simply say, “I’ve been on the run from Black Widows Ops for three months now; I can’t do it anymore. If they found me today, they’ll be able to find me tomorrow and days from now.”

“We could always keep her on the Helicarrier?” The redhead from that night at Ivan’s suggests. “It’s the safest place we can think of.”

“No, we’ve got to be able to keep an eye on her.” Fury states, narrowing his eye at me.

“You’re not suggesting Stark Towers, are you?” She asks him.

“That’s exactly what I’m suggesting Agent Romanoff.” Fury replies, looking over at her and the man from earlier today; the one that was nice to me. “And you two are going to responsible for her safety. You know Black Widow Ops better than anyone else.” I look over at the pair and can sense the tension between them. I fight the urge to smirk as I think about how easy it’s going to tear them apart. This mission is going to be a walk in the park. I’ll have everyone at each others’ throats in no time…
♠ ♠ ♠
Asyia

chapter title credit: The Devil Within by The Digital Daggers

comment&subscribe?