I Drank Your Milkshake

EPILOUGE

The sun lay over the horizon like a bright round peach on grass. My baby girl lay in my arms, smiling at me. Brock sat beside me and cooed at her. Andrew and Jill on my other side, smiling broadly.

"You're such a cutie!" Jill said in a cutie voice, clucking at the little baby. "She has your nose," I smiled. She looked like the both of us, Brock and I. Brock was the friend who threw food into my window. Without him I wouldn't have lived.

"What's her name?" Andrew asked, smiling at the baby as if she was the most beautiful thing on earth. She was.

"Andrea." I replied simply. I had named him after my half-brother. We had become so close over five years. I could tell he was touched, but it was the least I could do. He had helped me hide from my dad, and without him I would still be stuck with my cruel father. He was in jail. I was better off without him. I had my real mom, so I wasn't sad.

"We got you a present!" Jill smiled. She handed us a tiny, ruffled white dress. The yoke was embroidered with yellow flowers. I teared up.

"Thank you," I said, thickly. "She'll look beautiful at the wedding." I had made Jill the Maid of Honour, and Andrew the best man. Brock didn't mind. I put Andrea into the cradle and hugged the both of them.

"Thank you," I whispered. "I love the both of you." Jill started crying. She held me close.

"Andrea will be a great part of the wedding!" she sniffled.

"And so will Sean," I said. Jill had had Sean two years ago. As they left I cried. I was so thankful. Then one thing struck me, something I had never thought about before...

Andrew freaking Dost was my brother.