I Drank Your Milkshake

CHAPTER 3

Jack and I were chasing each other (he's a five-year-old at heart) and then Teagan came along. I saw her, and knew it must've been pretty important for her to come hunt us down so I stopped and listened.

"Hi Andrew, I know you're probably really busy," she muttered, playing with her denim jacket. "But could you please come with me? It's really important. You know that, right? That's why you stopped." She did have a point, but I couldn't just up and leave!

"Why?" I asked, trying not to sound rude. "I'm sorry, but I barely know you. It isn't safe to talk to strangers!" Teagan laughed, although I was wasn't joking.

"As I said, it's really important, and we'll only be across the street in that cafe called Caffè de Italiano." Teagan tried to convince me. "And it's about family matters." I immediately changed my mind. Only someone as desperate as her would come and chase me down and try to convinc me for this long. After all, I do go to university with strangers. I talked to strangers. What harm would it do?

"Okay. I will. Let me tell my wife, first, then we can go." I said, trying to stay calm. Just then Jack ran over, but I told him I must go. As I passed Jill I said,

"Jill! I need to go. Family matters!" She understood straight away. Teagan dragged me across the street and sat me down. She pulled out a chair and sat on it.

"I'm sorry this is so rushed and this took so long, but..." Teagan said, her voice full of suspense. She pulled out a violet-coloured folder and pulled out a smooth piece of paper.

"As I said, I'm sorry this took so long." Teagan handed me the piece of paper, her hand shaking.

"I'm your sister."