I Drank Your Milkshake

CHAPTER 7

"HONEY!" a loud voice screamed. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING? DON'T GO!" A silhouette of a large man appeared against a white wall, alongside a tall, skinny, figure of a girl opening a window.

"I-I'm not going, if that's what you were thinking!" she lied nervously. "I'm staying here, just getting some fresh air, that's all!" She giggled shakily, taking shallow breaths.

"Oh no you DON'T!" the mans voice yelled. The unmistakable sound of a slap rang through the room. The girl crumpled to the ground, leaving the window half-opened.

I woke up with a scream. My arm rose, trying to feel for a lightswitch, a lamp, some form of light. My fingers finally ran across a switch, which I flicked on. A lamp near the couch lit up.

Where was I? Back in dad's house? In the hotel? I could hear footsteps, I threw the blanket over my head, and tried to pretend not to be there.

"Teagan?" a voice said. It sounded like Andrew's. "You okay?" I knew I could trust him. My arms flew up and pushed the blanket up. I was greeted by Andrew's face. "You okay?" he repeated. I nodded. He sat down beside me.

"What was it?" he asked gently. I knew what he meant.

"My dad." He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me tight. I hugged him back. Andrew was being so sweet, putting up with me and all.

"Once we get back from touring you can stay with me, with Jill. She'll get it. We only have a few more weeks on this touring bus. You'll be safe." Andrew whispered.

"Thank you," I murmured. "Thank you."