‹ Prequel: Devil
Sequel: Mermaid
Status: Drabble/Completed/Finished

Kisses

Just a Kiss 1/1

Image

I had just told him it was wrong as he stood in front of me. I knew what people would think, if it came out about us but my brother didn’t care one bit. He loved me and I loved him too, but we were brother and sister. We were siblings.

‘’Does it feel wrong?’’ my brother replied, breaking my chain of thought.

‘’Not one bit.’’ I smiled.

‘’Well then, there's your answer.’’

And he was right. Nobody could understand the love that we shared, or the feelings that I got when we kissed. Or the butterflies that were bursting out of my stomach, from just the slightest touch. We never argued, because we couldn't stand to see each other upset.

In fact, I'd say we were perfect together. But there was one thing that always bothered me, how our friends and family would react if they knew. But then he grabbed my hand and all of those feelings went away. He lifted my chin up, and gave me a soft kiss on the lips. After all these years, how could his kisses still give me butterflies?

He sat down on the armchair in our Athens apartment, and tapped the small space next to him. It was cramped, fitting us both on the one chair, but it meant that we were closer. I sat on his lap, and nuzzled into his neck like a baby, wrapping my arms around his stomach. His hand reached to the leaver on the side of the chair, and in a swift movement, the chair reclined, and we were lying horizontally.

He kissed my ear and I could have sworn I heard him whispering that he hated that worried look on my face because he only cared about is my happiness. I kept one hand wrapped around his back, and put the other on his chest. The slow rising and falling of his chest relaxed me. Both of us knew it was hard, having to hide away. We wanted more than anything to walk out to the crowds, holding hand, showing every single person how much we love each other yet we knew we would never be able to do that.

The smell of his skin and the way he held me made me feel like I never wanted it to end. Minutes passed, and we lay in silence with nothing but the sound of our steady breathing. I was just drifting off, when I felt his soft lips on my forehead. I had my eyes closed, and he must have assumed I was asleep.

‘’I love you more than anything, more than my life…don't ever forget that.’’ I heard him say. He must have thought I was asleep otherwise he wouldn’t have said something like that. ‘’And you know what my sleeping beauty… even if I was an angel you would have tempted me to falling.’’ That was all I needed to hear as well as a soft kiss on my lips, and then I open my eyes and started kissing him.

One kiss brought the other and next thing I knew we were standing up and I was trying to steal a small kiss from him as he denied giving me one because I pretended to be sleeping. It didn’t last too long though because my lips were made for his and his heart was bound with mine.

In the end, a kiss was all I needed for my fear to go away. A kiss was all I needed to remember that we were together in this and I wasn’t alone. Just a kiss, to remind me our feelings were real. Just a kiss to make my heart fly to the sky…. After all, everything started because of a kiss.