Enemy Lines

Chapter One

I stare out the hotel room window and watch the sun rise with the LA morning sky behind it. My eyes are swollen a bit still from crying all last night. I rub them and try to make it easier to see. I pull the blankets up closer to my face and smell them.
"Liam." I whisper.
All the times we cuddled and stayed up all night seem so far gone. I don't know why we let it end this way.

"Danielle you need to get up. You have an audition in an hour and a half." Charity knocks on the door.
"I didn't sleep." I groan. That's always been my excuse for getting out of something.
"I have coffee and Red Bull waiting. This is a huge opportunity for you. Dancing on this tour would do so much for you." She sits down next to me.
"Liam wouldn't want me to. I would be crossing enemy lines." I sit up and pull back my hair.
“I know Liam means a lot to you but you need to let go. I really think you need a wakeup call. I love you Dani, but c`mon! Danielle, dancing on the Red Tour would do so much for you. You would be able to say you've danced with Taylor Swift." She smiles. "I did it and look where I am now." She pats my back.
“I don`t know, I mean Liam would want me to chase a dream but like-”

"I'm assuming you're ready to go?" Charity's face lights up.
"I am! I need to shower really fast and get changed." I smile.
"I'll get the coffee and eggs made!"
I run to the suitcase and grab my bando and spandex. I pull my hair back into a tighter ponytail and fluff the culrs. For the first time in week I actually feel somewhat beautiful. I can`t help but smile and blush.
“Remember me when you`re grey and old.” I whisper.
That`s what Liam always said before he went on stage or did an interview. It`s his way of saying he doesn`t want to get swept up in all the drama and rumors of the life in the public eye. Liam doesn`t want to be forgotten and just another boy band member.
“Dani, food is ready!” Charity calls.
This opportunity is a once in a lifetime chance. I can`t let my fear of making Liam mad get in the way. I have to live my dream just like how he is living his!
“I watched his dream become reality so now it`s my turn!” I sit down at the table.
Charity looks me and smiles. “Eat up and enjoy!” She places eggs on my plate and pours me a glass of orange juice.
“So Dani, I was thinking; while we are here and LA we should go shopping. They opened a new dance boutique downtown. I want to check it out.”
“That sounds fun! I should look at this season`s items.” I sip my juice.
“Retail therapy might do you some good.” Charity brushes her redish pink hair out of her face.
“Babe when are you dying that?” I laugh.
“Wanna dye it tonight? I think we can pull it off?”
“Sure, sounds fun.” I wipe the corner of my mouth off and grab my dance bag.
***
My dance bag keeps hitting my side each step I take up the stairs to the studio.
‘Hello! What`s your name?” A chipper brunette woman behind a folding table smiles.
“My- my name is Danielle Peazer and I`m here to audition for Taylor Swift.” I smile.
“Ooh, I bet you`re an amazing dancer.” She writes something down. ‘After all she does only look for the best dancers.” The woman winks.
“Thank you so much, is there anything I need to fill out?” I feel my cheeks turn pink.
“I just have to give you this number and you can go into that room on the left.”
“I`m not sure if you can answer this but, how many dancers will be here?” I try to look at the names on the sign in.
“Taylor invited over one hundred but today there will be different groups of twenty five going in at once. Miss Swift said she`s taking only twenty five on tour.”
My jaw drops and I pick it back up.
“Don`t worry dear, like I said before, she only looks for the best. I have heard amazing things about you.” She smiles.
“Thank you, have a great day!” I place the number on my chest.
“Good luck!”
I walk into the room and place my bag into this cubby and look around.
“You have what it takes.” A familiar voice says to me.
“Why thank you.” I turn around and see Ed standing there.
“I think you`re going to make it. I mean you have danced at the Olympics.” Ed smiles.
“Thank you Ed, I can`t believe I`m actually doing this.” I lift my leg up onto the ballet bar and stretch my head to my knee.
“Why do you say that?” Ed sounds puzzled.
“I think Liam would be mad if he found out I`m dancing with his best mate`s ex-girlfriend.” I stretch even more.
“Don`t worry, Liam is okay.”
“Wait, you`ve talked to him?” I stretch out my right leg.
“He called me last night and asked how I was doing. I told him there were dancer auditions and he sounded like he knew you were coming.”
“He didn`t ask if I was?” I narrow my eyebrows.
Ed just shakes his head.
“I can`t believe it.” I sit down on the floor and stretch my back.
“Danielle, don`t be mad. He is still upset `bout the whole breakup too. Liam just shows it differently.”
“I`m sure he`s upset.” I shake my head.
“Don`t let him distract you! You can do this!” He smiles and walks towards a folding table just like the one out front.
I raise my leg and press my forehead to my knee. I feel the burn in my calf and quads. I can`t help but smile.
It`s been so long since I`ve been given an opportunity like this. I haven`t danced in two weeks. I couldn`t find the motivation. The fact that I could be dancing with Taylor makes me smile and I know I can do this. I need to do this. Dancing is my one true love right now and I think it always will be. Liam keeps running across my mind but I can just sweep him out for right now. I need to block every little thing out. If I make this tour I know I can do anything.
“Ladies and gentlemen, Taylor will be here in a minute. The audition today will consist of two segments. An improv solo to one of the three choices Taylor will provide and a group number to Holy Ground.” A tall skinny man in his early twenties says. “Now everyone, please welcome Taylor Swift!”
A smile sweeps across my face and I can feel happiness radiate from everyone in the room.
“I`m Taylor and you are all here to audition for the Red Tour!” Her eyes shine and her smile lights up the room.
Her hands hit her black jeggings and she gives Ed a hug.
I realize now that this is actually happening. The knot in my stomach grows and I feel sweat drip from my forehead. I need to shake this off.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is my very first chapter that I`ve ever posted on here. I hope everyone likes it!