Status: This is my baby and parts are based off me and a friend so it's very personal

Twisted

Survival

Maddi’s POV:

I have avoided Zach all week which is really hard because he’s been driving me to the studio and I’m staying in his apartment. I recorded vocals Tuesday and Wednesday. Yesterday we went over them and today I am supposed to get a call.

“Will you just talk to me already?” Zach yells.

“Fine, let’s talk, Zach. This whole week was supposed to be about me and my career but you somehow made every day about you!” I yell at him.

“I never meant to and you know that!” He yells more in shock than in anger.

“But that’s just it, I think you did mean it; at least a little bit.” I say even though it hurts me.

“Why would you ever think that?” He asks me.

“I’ve read all the articles you were quoted in. Sure you mentioned me but you made yourself look pretty great, too. Your sales also went up a lot when people found out.”

“Maddi, do you honestly think that was my plan?” He asks.

“What am I supposed to think? You set up the meeting, you chose the person, and you made all of the comments.” I’m afraid I’m going to cry.

“This is unbelievable!” He yells.

“Like I want to believe any of this.” I say getting mad again and he turns to look at me. He is glaring and it’s kind of scary.

“Here’s an idea then, stop thinking it!” He looks like he’s going to hit me.

“Maybe you should have been more caring for me! How about never leaving my side?” I ask him because he will not win this.

“Maybe you shouldn’t be so sensitive!” He did not just call me that.

“Maybe we should break up like our friends did.” I widen my eyes after I say it and Zach does, too.

“Is that really what you want?” He asks me and I run over to him.

“Not for a second. I’m so sorry I said it.” He holds me.

“Okay, then we won’t break up.” He tells me and I sob.

“Why did I say that?” I ask him in shock.

“You have every reason to be mad at me right now. I shouldn’t have spoken to those people and I’m sorry, Maddi. I am glad we’re talking though.” He says and I smile.

“Me, too, because I never want to break up with you.”

“Then we can be the only solid couple out of our friends.” He says and everything is forgotten. My phone rings and I go to answer it.

“Zach, get in here!” I yell from his bedroom. He runs in.

“Was that who I think it was?” He asks and I have never felt happier in my life.

“Thank you so much for doing this.” I yell and he spins me around.

“Come on, I’m taking my popstar girlfriend out for dinner. When do you start?” He asks me.

“I sign the contract in a few months. I’ll move my stuff up here over the summer and I start recording sometime next year.”

“Congratulations, baby.” He kisses me.