Status: This is my baby and parts are based off me and a friend so it's very personal

Twisted

I'm Moving On

Cameron’s POV:
“Cameron, have you seen your sisters?” The frantic call I get from my mother the next morning at eight.
“What?” I ask wide awake now.
“Your sisters are both gone and I have no idea where they are. Your father doesn’t know and neither do your grandmothers. Please tell me you have an idea.” I have an idea but Anna wouldn’t do that.
“No, mom, I have no clue where they are.”
“What if they’re hurt!” She yells.
“I’m sure they’re fine.” I tell her.
“Bridget! Go to your room!” My mom screeches.
“Should I take that to mean they’re back?” I ask.
“Yes, they’re back and I might kill them both. Get over here if you want to see them alive one more time.” She won’t kill them but I should defend them.
“We’re sorry, mom.” I hear Bridget say.
“Who’s going to fill me in?” I ask and both girls point to each other.
“Anna decided it would be a genius idea for them to fly out to Florida and make Megan love you again. She told them to come home.” Mom informs me and I’m no longer on their side.
“How could you do that? This is between me and Megan!” I yell at them and I don’t usually lose my temper with Bridget.
“It’s not like you two are working anything out. You’re both just hurting each other and running from the truth!” Bridget yells back. I’m not sure I’ve ever heard her yell before.
“Maybe we aren’t, and maybe it’s not the best choice, but it’s our choice. We’re both old enough to decide.”
“She’s still a child, Cameron.” My mom says.
“She’s been an adult for over a year. She is 19, you know.” I remind her.
“You two are six years apart, don’t you think the break up was inevitable?” She asks me.
“Who’s side are you on? Age is only a number. Megan is more mature than you realize; we might as well be the same age. Her parents are the same age difference!” I’m not sure why I’m still defending Megan.
“Megan broke your heart and neither of you are working to change that.” Mom tells me, but I'm done.
“It hurt her, too, and so did I. You didn’t hear what I said.” I should call to apologize to her for it.
“I’m on your side, but you don’t deserve a girl who treats you that way.”
“But I still love her, okay?”
“You’re allowed to but it doesn’t change how she acted at the end.” My mom and my sisters walk out of the room and I go back to my apartment. They’re right; I don’t deserve to be treated the way Megan treated me at the end. I decide to call her and apologize anyway.
“Hi, this is Megan, please leave a message after the beep.” Straight to voicemail.
“You probably won’t listen to this, but I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have said what I did and I didn’t mean it. You weren’t meant to hear that because I was angry. Well, okay, goodbye.” I hang up and decide to give up hope on her.